Sign in to follow this  
Steerpike

Minoxidil - Not Impressed!

Just started using 5% Kirkland Minoxidil.

It stays in my hair making it greasy and I've had a racing heart the last few days and can only think this is the cause. I may well stop using it already!

Anyone else had nasty side effects?

the kirkland brand can leave your hair greasy -if heart problems continue defo stop using it!

When I started using Regaine, after a week or so I had that heart racing thing too but it stopped now? So I don't know.. my bro says he sees some new hair *not much though* but I've only been using it for 3 weeks so he might be wrong and just thinks he saw something new.

kirklands product is the same as rogaine / regaine (minoxodil5%) but for some reason it does leave the hair greasy - eaxctly the same product in terms of it's effectiveness.

Minoxodil Greasiness - does anyone know what the base is for Kirkland Minoxodil? I have only ever used Regaine and very recently Xandrox15. Regaine makes my scalp dry and itchy, Xandrox15 is not itchy but is greasy. It appears that the main difference between Regaine and Xandrox15 (apart from Xandrox being 3 times stronger - it is 15% Minoxodil) is that the base of Xandrox is made up of glycerin and alcohol rather than propylene glycol and alcohol as in Regaine. I use Xandrox in the evening and Regaine Extra Strength in the morning. Within a few days the itching that I had from using Regaine twice a day has almost stopped.

Perhaps Kirkland use glycerin rather than propylene glycol - does anyone know? I am interested as Kirkland looks v cheap.

David