Sign in to follow this  
johnyd473

Travelling To Canada And Criminal Record? Help!

If you conveniently "forget" about your little misdemeanor when you fill in the papers, I doubt they will have time to check up on everybody... unless they have it on a computer system that the Canadian authorities have access to (which I doubt). Have you had a look at the papers you have to fill in for travel to Canada? I think you can safely "forget" it and if you do get caught, it won't be that big a deal - it was 8 years ago so it is feasible that it slipped your mind. It's not like you comitted murder or armed robbery... I think they only have a list of people that have an APB out on them. To have a list of petty crimes everybody in the world has comitted they would have to have a gigantic database that would take a week for an SQL query to do.

i went on hols to new york in 2000

with convictions only a d&d though

they said whats the purpose of your visit ....i said to get drunk... :blink:

It doesn't say anything here about a record: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.html

Well I didn't see anything after a quick look anyway...

If you can't find all the information there you need, ring the embassy. I rang the US embassy before going to New York and asked about all the paperwork and visas etc.

Johny,

I really dont think it would be a problem. As PB said are they really gonna chase that up! Although stupid, swapping tax discs isnt exactly hard crime! Ive also heard that minor offences like yours are wiped off after a period of time (6 years i think?) as long as you havnt re-offended which you say you havnt. Might be an idea to call the police to ask the question?

Have you made any enquiries with Dr rahal? How come you've changed your choice of Dr, i thought it was Armani for johny?

Regards

Tom

I found this:

Visitors from Europe

European passport holders do not require a visa to visit Canada. All you need is a valid passport, a return ticket and sufficient funds to support yourself and your dependents during your stay in Canada. European visitors to Canada who wish to also visit the United States must possess valid passports to be admitted; residents of Portugal are further required to have a visa.

Although it is rare, immigration officials may prevent the entry of visitors:

• who appear to pose a health risk.

• those they doubt will be able to support themselves and their dependents in Canada.

• whose willingness and means to return to the U.S. is in doubt.

As well, those admissible to Canada must not have a criminal record. This includes any convictions for driving while intoxicated.

But I doubt they will find out about your tax disk scam if you don't mention it and don't ask about it either or they will know to look out for you...

Besides, during the time you sit in a Canadian prison, your HT will have grown out and you will be able to return to the UK with a full head of hair :blink: You'll be safe from all the queers in prison too, coz you'll look such a mess after the HT that they won't be interested in raping you.

Besides, during the time you sit in a Canadian prison, your HT will have grown out and you will be able to return to the UK with a full head of hair You'll be safe from all the queers in prison too, coz you'll look such a mess after the HT that they won't be interested in raping you.

Good thinking PB :blink:

Not an issue Johnnyd.

You will only need to fill in a visitors card on entry into Canada - Just tick the box - NO for criminal offences.

Non Issue!! Trust me!

Have you made any enquiries with Dr rahal? How come you've changed your choice of Dr, i thought it was Armani for johny?

from johny : Sorry i cant give a detailed response just now,I will read your posts carefully and be back later,Thanks everyone!

John.

I dont want a detailed response mate a brief one will do! Why have you changed your mind???

Regards

Tommy

I just brought up Dr Rahal because Johny mentioned him sometime. Dr Rahal has worked with Dr Armani and does similar work but is cheaper...