Sign in to follow this  
wobblywilly

Liver Damage And Propecia

Hi just wondering about going onto Propecia.

I spoke to a trichologist who stated that they would not supply me propecia as it was too dangerous to my health and could affect my liver.

They also said that I shouldhave my liver tested twice per year if i went on Propecia.

Is Propecia that bad?

Hi just wondering about going onto Propecia.

I spoke to a trichologist who stated that they would not supply me propecia as it was too dangerous to my health and could affect my liver.

They also said that I shouldhave my liver tested twice per year if i went on Propecia.

Is Propecia that bad?

Yes, nearly all drugs can have a negative effect on your liver.

WobbyWilly,

I suggest that you go to yahoo to talk to about 700 members who have tried finasteride ( propecia, proscar) before.

Then you make your decision.

Merk just did a 10 year study i believe on the effects of propecia on the liver and there was no effect.

Propecia can cause side effects in the minority of users. We are only ever going to hear about the bad side effects and not the benefits as the guys benefiting from it tend not to hang around on forums :D

I have been on propecia 6/7 yrs with no side effects at all.

This is just my opinion

WobbyWilly,

I suggest that you go to yahoo to talk to about 700 members who have tried finasteride ( propecia, proscar) before.

Then you make your decision.

What forum or where abouts on Yahoo?

Thanks.

Sorry mate but he is just trying to make money out of you. Chances are that he doesn't sell it and that is why he has told you that. Can he give you one piece of evidence reporting that it damages liver? The manufacturers would be bankcrupt by now.

I strongly suggest you don't go and see any trichologist if you have classic male pattern baldness. All they can give you is finasteride and propecia, which you can get much cheaper elsewhere. They will also try to sell you their own concotions, which if really worked would make them overnight multi-millionaires! If they are so confident ask them for a money back guarantee or to talk to someone who has had success with their products and ask to see a before picture. Sorry but they are just preying on people's weaknesses. This is from someone who was fleeced out of a few hundred quid!