Sign in to follow this  
reyno

Just Back From Dr Fellers

hi all,

Just got back from new york today after having surgery on friday 31st.left for new york on thursday & flew with British Airways direct from heathrow.Great flight,would recommend them,they have the screens in back of seats,two excellent meals & all drinks(as many as you want)free.But don't forget no booze till on the way back.The cost of flights & hotel came to £1041 for 2 with expedia,this included all shuttles to & from airports & car parking at heathrow

Stayed at the Pennsylvania,not too bad,rooms are a bit basic but it's perfect location with penn station right opposite.

To get to dr fellers office by train you have 2 options,the Port washington train which leaves 6.31 and stops at Great neck on the way,or theres one at 7.01 which goes straight to Great neck,depends how early you want to be,both take 30 minutes & cost $12.You can catch both these trains in the long island part of penn station,which is down the stairs first on the right.When you get to Great neck it's a 5 minute taxi ride costing $5.but i would recommend a taxi back after surgery.

As we were a bit early we met dr feller waiting for the lift,so we had time for a chat and got the head markings done before the girls arrived.When everyone had arrived we went into another room to numb the donor area,this was probably the most uncomfortable part but not unbearable,a slight sting for the first few after that never felt a thing throughout the whole procedure.Ended up with 3100 grafts, watched Braveheart,ate my pizza and then went back to the hotel.Couldn't have gone any smoother.

A big Thank You to Dr Feller and the girls,true professionals and very friendly,felt at ease throughout the whole day.

If anyone would like anymore info just ask.

post-378-1144081624_thumb.jpg

post-378-1144081651_thumb.jpg

post-378-1144081702_thumb.jpg

Hi Reyno,

3100 must be one of the biggest Feller sessions documented here, you must have good donor density :)

Your scar appears to be higher up than usual for a Feller HT - is it or is it just the position of your head in the picture?

Congratulations!

I do think its the angle of the picture,it doesn't seem too high to me,i'll try and get a better pic and some pre-op pics

I didn't mean that it was too high, just higher than mine for example. My scar at its lowest point is lower than the tops of my ears - yours appears to be higher than the tops of your ears. Of course it could be something to do with the size of my ears :lol:

Everyones donor areas are different and every individual has a different size safety zone. Therefore scar position is going to vary in postion somewhat from patient to patient.

That scar is going to look sweet!!

Dr F did 5000+ on the patient the day before I arrived!

Wow :lol:

Welcome aboard Reyno and Congrats!! I will endeavour to get some of your pics from Dr Feller to share with the crew!

Please keep us all informed! :lol:

Thankyou for sharing your experience reyno, sounds like it all went very well.

Did Dr Feller mention the amount your donor still has to do the crown area?

is there any reason why the crown couldnt be done the day after....is that not possible due to the healing process.

pics and results look great

will that scar ever be noticable lets say after a nunmber 1 shave.

ccs; dr feller said i'd need around 1500 in the crown so i presume i have at least that amount,but i've e-mailed him to ask how much he thinks i have left.

raf; doing the crown the next day i dont think would be possible,i'm sure you'd have to let the donor heal.As for shaving it,i know some guys on here have it shaved on a number 2

also if anyone local is considering a ht,& wants to meet to see what its like straight after,just get in touch,

here's some before pics,but these were taken around 12 months before ht,so hairloss was slightly worse than in pics.

i'll update regular so you can see the progress

post-378-1144232624_thumb.jpg

post-378-1144232657_thumb.jpg

is there any reason why the crown couldnt be done the day after....is that not possible due to the healing process

Exactly- it is advisable to wait a number of months before having 2nd procedure.

Reyno,

Congratulations! Looking at your photos reminds me of what seems to be yet another "signature" of the better surgeons: a neat, natural, precise, and non-traumatized recipient area.

Good call on _Braveheart_. "You can take my grafts, but you will never take...MY FREEDOM!!!"

Actually, I think I'll keep both...

I'd opted for the _Kill Bill_ epic, myself...after realizing that _Master and Commander_ kind of dragged, especially when you're medicated.

Good growing to you!

Benjamin

I heard from Renyo a couple of months back and he was sitting pretty - the growth was brewing and he was excited!

Hopefully he will be able to drop us all a quick update soon! ;)

hi guys, had problems with computer in the last week so only just read your messages asking for an update.i'll take some photos tomorrow & give u some info on how i'm doing.

hi guys,sorry its took so long for an update,computer died on me,had to buy a new one.Everythings going to schedule,so very happy so far.Hairs still a bit thin but only just coming to the end of 6 months so should thicken up over the next few months.The scar gets better every week,only slightly visable when hairs wet,and undectable when dry with my hair cut on a #4. Here's some pics so you can see the progress so far,can't wait to go back & have my crown done.

post-378-1158857645_thumb.jpg

post-378-1158857663_thumb.jpg

post-378-1158857687_thumb.jpg

post-378-1158857702_thumb.jpg

Hi Reyno, looking good, in the next few months it will thicken up and show better density.

when your all grown out i think you'll have great results :unsure: .

When do you think you will go back to get the crown done?, how much donor have you got left?

thanks pete.Hoping to go back early january,dont know exactly how much donor i have left but dr feller said i have more than enough to do my crown,so hopefully i would get the same amount as the first procedure

Looking great Reyno - you are only at 6 months! - 1/2 way there mate with a great deal more growth and thickning up to come in :unsure: Regards to P :lol: I have tried to email you a few times - hope all is well!

75.jpghead_004.jpg

133.JPG

head_002.jpg

hi guys,sorry its took so long for an update,computer died on me,had to buy a new one.Everythings going to schedule,so very happy so far.Hairs still a bit thin but only just coming to the end of 6 months so should thicken up over the next few months.The scar gets better every week,only slightly visable when hairs wet,and undectable when dry with my hair cut on a #4. Here's some pics so you can see the progress so far,can't wait to go back & have my crown done.

You must be stoked :angry: Continue to grow well!!Thanks for the update ;)