Sign in to follow this  
wobblywilly

Thinking Of Starting Propecia

Hi,

I'm thinking of starting Propecia and was wondering does anyone have photographic results of how it has improved their hair loss?

I am receeding from the front and I am too early into hair loss for a transplant (which I'd rather not do anyway). I would like to know what are the chances of:

1. Stopping further hair loss

2. Regrowing some previously lost hair

Do the follicles die after a period of time without producing hair or can they be re-stimulated into hair production after a period of time. If so, how long?

What are the risks associated with taking Propecia?

Many thanks in advance,

W.

Have achat with my GP about it - details on my site.

my pics pre/ post propecia

Pic with red outline is the area i've recived Ht's

post-17-1142677798_thumb.jpg

post-17-1142677814_thumb.jpg

post-17-1142677827_thumb.jpg

I have follicles which were not active before, on my frontal and side temples. However. after using the naturalis topical they started to grow hair.

The no return period typically cited folks is 5 years where follicles die out. But in my case i have been receeding on my temple for more then 5 years. If I can have regrowth means that the 5 year period of no return for follicles should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Hi,

Spex what is the chances of me gaining the lost hair at the front on Propecia?

Does any of the products have a clinical trial stating they work in stopping and/or reversing frontal hair loss?

I am definitely interested in trying some product - but as I'm sure you appreciate, I want to ensure that want I do spend my money on is worthwhile.

If propecia does not work on frontal hair loss, can you recommend anything which does work? i.e. Dut - is it worth trying first.

I will try to get onto your GP later.

What is Naturalis? In all fairness Lance, you just seem to be promoting this product in all your postings. Can you back it up? Sorry if I seem sceptical but I am wary of products that I've only seen being continuously recommended by one person.

I am an engineer, - show me factual evidence then I will make my decision...

Thanks,

WW.

Spex,

I presently buy a prescription for some treatment I get.

Do I still need to buy Propecia prescription or can I get it free?

What is my chances of recovering some lost hair on the front of my head?

Hi Wobblywilly,

I posted pictures of my recovery months back on this forum. That is evidence to backup my claim. I do agree with you that I do not see many folks postings on this hair treatment. Perhaps they prefer stick to oral med Fin and Minox which I personally see as too big a risk to take.

ok there are side effects to propecia

these include;

erectile disfunction

ejaculation problems

decrease in sex drive

more side effects are on propecias website

BUT I THINK YOU SHOULD JUST LET YOUR HAIR GO NATURALLY AND DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ANYTHING TO TRY AND SLOW IT DOWN OR REGROW HAIR. I MEAN I THINK THE SIDE EFFECTS ABOVE ONLY HAPPEN TO LIKE 2% OF MEN BUT THAT COULD BE YOU AND TO BE HONEST ID RATHER GO BALD THAN NOT BE ABLE TO GET IT UP :D

so my advice to you all is not to use any medication etc. just let your hair take its course.

I've been on Proscar, and now generic Proscar for over a year now and it has most definately significantly reduced shedding. I did get some minor side effects in the early days, but as the manufacturers tell you, most of these symptoms pass quickly.

As I said I now use a very well known make of generic proscar which I buy on line through a reputable company which costs me £50 a year. A small price to pay to hang to your locks!

If in doubt speak to your GP, they know more than you think about this stuff!