jakes-nw2

Postin This Again Please Respond

Posting my case again - I think i posted it under the wrong area.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First before i start if you are reading this(and you are) please comment

as your opinion is much apreciated.

Ok I am 25 and it started a year and a half ago, when my girlfriend teased me by saying im going

bald i looked in the mirror(drumrole) and my hair is recieding.

Anyways a year later and I have done maybe what all you have done.

- I have read everything on all difirent options drugs ect

- I have compared myself to guys I walk pass in the road

to see how common my baldness is and how far I am

- I have stressed and stressed about what I will look like in 5 years

- I have stopped cutting my hair so that it can grow over the recieding parts

- I have stopped gelling my hair upwards.

- I have been looking at my hands every time I wash my hair to see how many hairs is on it.

(By the way how do you know how many hairs you are loosing by looking on your pillow)

- Everytime I look at myself in the mirror its just hair hair hair...

and now that I have finaly have got to the point of writing it down I want to

- Stop stressing, stop stressing about stupid hair.

- Stop looking at myself and other people and assesing the magnitude of my problem.!!!

- Find a drug to help me or forget that I can do anything once and for all.

Now that I finaly got all that crap out of my system please help me with.

I am a norwood 2, yeah a norwood 2,(get him off this site he is only a nw2 ha ha !!!)

I think this is worse that a 3 or 4 as you have not accepted that you are going bold

maybe I will reciede slowly over the next 20 years, nonsense I was a nw 1,1/2 a year ago

and I will be a 7 if I keep on stressing the way I am before I am 30. Let me just say

I am happy with the way my hair is at the moment if it stays this way until im 35 with kids

I wont care anymore.

Anyways pleas answer the following questions.

1. It looks like propecia is the only cure proven but I love sex, I would rather be bald than limp

Is it worth going for propecia, how much shedding do you get as I still have a full head

except for the temples and I dont want to shed all the rest of my hair.

2. Where can I get propecia in Ireland is there anything else that I can use that will stop

hairloss without sex problems THAT WORKS!!!

3. How do you deal with stress from baldness

4. I think the main reason I stress about baldness is because Im terrified of death, and since

this it feels like I am growing older...dying - any comments

Anyways please give me your feedback if i read this in a week and there is no comments i will

feel even worse.

Please comment on tropicals to as i would still prefer not to go propecia way.

I want to put in pics how do i do that

All ican say is that Propecia will maintain the hair that you do have at the moment but it will not save it all your life.The only permenat way to cure hairloss if the drugs and potions dont help you is by having a HT.I used to take Propecia but i found it changed my sex life and i got quite dizzy from taking it also.Check out my website for some information as i spent 4 years on my hairloss journey before i found the right answers.

Damo

All ican say is that Propecia will maintain the hair that you do have at the moment but it will not save it all your life.The only permenat way to cure hairloss if the drugs and potions dont help you is by having a HT.I used to take Propecia but i found it changed my sex life and i got quite dizzy from taking it also.Check out my website for some information as i spent 4 years on my hairloss journey before i found the right answers.

Damo

is there a life span to proscar.....will your body get use to it i've been on it 5 years and just noticed some more hai loss first in 5 years

Hi Jakes

Thanks for the detailed text as to the way you feel. I've been through all of these emotions and at a similar age to you (I'm 35 now, but it all started when I was 21)

I believe, the more you worry about hair loss, the more hair you lose. It's not scientific, but it wouldn't suprise me if the anxiety and worry you are creating is triggering more hair loss.

So your girfriend made a dig at you about your hair line. If she meant it, get a new girlfriend. If she was only joking, and you see a future with her, tell her, that you are sensitive to her comments (you know what girls are like if you mention their bums !)

Next thing, I have been on Propecia for many year (5 years) I have no side effects, no lack of sex drive, and have fathered 2 children on it., I have now moved on to DUT and still no side effects. You have nothing to lose to try Propecia, and if it does affect your sex drive (it is a small number that suffer this side effect statistically) then you can come off it. I don't believe it stays in you for too long, unlike DUT.

When I was 21 and was continously worried about losing my hair / manic depressive, I got 3 HT's !! MISTAKE ! They were horrible old "corn doll" plugs and for years it looked worse than it would have done if I had have been bald. I know technology has moved on here and HT's look very natural these days. (I have just had a great repair job with a top US doc - waiting for it to grow now!) If you start on the HT path, you will also be chasing yourself if you lose more hair. If you have the hairline filled in to become a NW1, and then the hair behind that goes, you have to have more work behind the HT. It will probably be many repeat visits to HT surgeons.

If I could have my time again now I would have a grade # 2 haircut all over and be a happy bald man! You are not abnormal losing your hair, and a # 2 haircut is very "in" these days.

In summary, try Propecia to stabilise what you have, stop worrying! Find something else to occupy your mind. I stopped worring about it when I got a new job. I had no time to worry then !

I would also recommend holding back any plans for HT until you are a lot older, so at least you have a better idea of your hairloss

Hope this helps. These are only my opinions from my experiences. Others may agree or disagree but I felt compelled to reply to you!

AJG :)