Sign in to follow this  
PB_

Great Neck Pics

Here's the picture I was nearly arrested for taking on the train to Great Neck

(They assume you are a terrorist if you take photos on the train...)

post-219-1142096583_thumb.jpg

Great Neck Station

post-219-1142096629_thumb.jpg

This is how they park their Mercs in Great Neck:

post-219-1142096732_thumb.jpg

Why would you take a picture of a train anyway? :D

I took a picture IN the train of the board that displays the next station when Great Neck came up. I was planning on doing a series of photos on how to get to Feller Medical from the station but I ended up going the wrong way... I now recommend getting a taxi from outside the railway station instead of walking :(

PB_ Did you go into downtown NYC?(How american do i sound LOL)

No, I was just in Manhattan and then on a cruise around Manhattan. I didn't get to NYC so that's why I'll have to go back and see the things I missed and get some more hair while I'm there. I went to the top of the Empire State Building (well as high as you can go), saw Times Square, I was dragged round Macys for hours on end by my wife to do shopping. You can see quite a lot from the cruise - you see the other 4 boroughs of New York and all the famous buildings, including the Statue of Liberty, but it's not the same as actually going there. I wanted to go and pretend to be an American and jog round Central Park but I couldn't do that after the HT and felt too crap to even walk there so I missed Central Park too (just saw it from the boat). I went to Great Neck on the day before the HT and walked round there for hours so I saw a lot of Great Neck.

Places to definately visit whilst in NY:

China Town, Soho, The village, Little Italy, Financial district, Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Times Square, Bloomingdales, Central Park/ CP ZOOs, The Met (Museum), Madison Square Garden, etc :(

Well Madison Square Gardens was right opposite the luxurious :( hotel I stayed in so I saw that too. I bought some books about New York while I was there so I'll read those before I go again and I'll have a better idea of what to see next time.

PB_ You done the Empire State Building,WOW!-Thats on my to do list for sure!-Any pics?

I really wanna do the Statue of Liberty too,Man NY sounds excellent-I will go after my (eventual :( ) visits to Toronto-Which after having done a little research looks great too,Anyone here been?

I took about a million pics from the Empire State Building :D It was just getting dark when I got there so some are in daylight and then most of them in the dark - but it's New York and there are lights everywhere so it isn't really ever dark:

post-219-1142160790_thumb.jpg

The Statue of Libery had been closed to the public after 911 but it had just opened up again when I was there

post-219-1142160838_thumb.jpg

I saw Batman too

post-219-1142161182_thumb.jpg

I now recommend getting a taxi from outside the railway station instead of walking

i'm going to get a taxi i'm terrible with directions.

anyone got anymore pics of NYC?? i can't wait! :(

Great Pics PB, I took a taxis to Great Neck and I never really got to check out the area. The Merc pic is a classic lol.. I wish i spotted it! Thanks for sharing :(

I now recommend getting a taxi from outside the railway station instead of walking

i'm going to get a taxi i'm terrible with directions.

anyone got anymore pics of NYC?? i can't wait! :)

Madison Square Garden and a real NYPD police car

post-219-1142190755_thumb.jpg

Those familiar yellow school busses

post-219-1142190971_thumb.jpg

Manhattan from the top of the Empire State Building

post-219-1142191634_thumb.jpg

Brilliant view from the top of the ESB! I never had the bottle to go up there so thanks for sharing that with us PB. I wish I had taken more pictures.

Brilliant view from the top of the ESB! I never had the bottle to go up there so thanks for sharing that with us PB. I wish I had taken more pictures.

My wife is also scared of heights, even something like 10 feet terrifies her but she was OK at the top of the ESB. There is a high safety cage around the sight-seeing area so it's impossible to fall off - it's probably even impossible to purposely jump off.

What one with the sun???? Thats a man pre HT with the sun bouncing off his forhead whist admiring the view from the top of that building. lol