Sign in to follow this  
johnuk

Help / Advice Wanted.....

Please can anyone advise me on a respectable hair transplant surgeon? I had one hair transplant last year, with DHI, which cost me £6000. Its had little, if any, effect!! I certainly will NOT be going with them again!! I have recently started taking propecia, but I would like surgery as well. Thank you! Look forward to any responses, and please take caution if going with DHI - I will not be using them again.

john, sorry to hear about your experience with DHI they certainly have a bad rep. Check out the clinics to avoid topic in the HT section.

Info on DHI!

Clinics to avoid

You need to seriously consider travelling to the U.S as thats where the best work is carried out through others experience.

You should get in touch with spex who offers himself as a showcase and gives people a very good understanding of their requirements.

link to people who have met spex for example

all the best

Thank you for that advice. I'll look into the USA as a place to go for surgery and check out your Spex's profile / guidance. I was so disappointed with with my last experience and its so frustrating not being able to warn others who are looking at their website! Anyhow, cheers! Besides, Dr. Fellers (??) in New York, I think, can anyone recommend any other US surgeons? Also, how about the flying home after the op? How many days do you have to leave it before you can fly, given the risk of heamoraghing? ( cant spell the word...but you know what I mean!) Cheers!

Johnuk, also sorry to hear about your experience with DHI! :ph34r:

Generally the top dr's are: Feller, H+W, Cole, Wolf, Armani. (no order)

I have consulted with all of them and now am deciding which route to take. At The moment its between Feller and H+W but i hate flying so i might be leaning towards Feller (6hrs) than H+W( 11hrs). They have both been very helpful in consulting with me and spex especially when i met him was a great help.

You need to ideally consult with the Dr's you like and get a feel for them and how they canhelp you achieve the goal you are aiming for.

Good luck! :)

Thank you Martin1 for that! When will you be having your surgery? Whats the website for the H+W clinic? Do you know how long you will be staying in the States post surgery before you fly home? Thank you and all the very best!! John

All top Dr's mentioned above . It all depends on your goal. It is advisable you contact a number of Dr's and get all their opinions - I did! Opinions did vary and I decided in the end to put my head in the capable hands of Dr Feller who performed a great repair job on me and has given me my life back....finally! :o

Johnuk, also sorry to hear about your experience with DHI! :o

Generally the top dr's are: Feller, H+W, Cole, Wolf, Armani. (no order)

I have consulted with all of them and now am deciding which route to take. At The moment its between Feller and H+W but i hate flying so i might be leaning towards Feller (6hrs) than H+W( 11hrs). They have both been very helpful in consulting with me and spex especially when i met him was a great help.

You need to ideally consult with the Dr's you like and get a feel for them and how they canhelp you achieve the goal you are aiming for.

Good luck! :o

How do H+W prices compare to Dr Feller's? Is there a big difference?

Thank you for that advice. I'll look into the USA as a place to go for surgery and check out your Spex's profile / guidance. I was so disappointed with with my last experience and its so frustrating not being able to warn others who are looking at their website! Anyhow, cheers! Besides, Dr. Fellers (??) in New York, I think, can anyone recommend any other US surgeons? Also, how about the flying home after the op? How many days do you have to leave it before you can fly, given the risk of heamoraghing? ( cant spell the word...but you know what I mean!) Cheers!

Sorry to hear about your DHI rip-off, johnuk :(

You can trust Spex, there are so many people on this board, including myself, that have met Spex and received the best possible advice that you don't need to worry about a meeting with him turning out to be some sales scam.

How do H+W prices compare to Dr Feller's? Is there a big difference?

YES! There is a big difference to be honest. :( I have done my figures on this as a comparison.

H+W Pricing

They charge $4.5 a graft (U.S) for the first 2000 grafts, the $2.5(U.S) after that... + 7.5% TAX! :o

ie:3000 grafts = $11500 + 7.5% = $12360(U.S)= £6900 approx

3500 grafts= $12750 + 7.5% = $13700(U.S)= £7600 approx

Feller pricing

Sliding scale also but cheaper!

3000 - 3500 = $9750 (no tax) = $9750 (U.S) = £5400 approx

Feller is cheaper :o - £2200

H+W contibute $400 (U.S) to flight which costs £550 approx to Vancouver. The differnce being = £330

They also give you 2 x night accommodation.

Flight to NYC costs approx £250 + 2 x night accommodation in NYC = £120 approx

On average travel package difference between them £40. :P

In a nutshell Feller is a lot cheaper and only 6 1/2 hrs flight away compared to H+W, 11 hrs away in Vancouver.

Hope this helps

Martin

I'm sure most will agree that cost should certainly not be your prime consideration when deciding who is going to do your HT. However the above info was very interesting, and I think it clearly illustrates what the cost of a quality job is going to cost. So if some UK butcher offers you 3000 grafts and all the hobnobs you can eat for £1200.............think again!

You are correct cost should not play a factor in your decision making but when the best guys in the buisness as these 2 clinics are viewed then its a big difference IMO.

Its the Canadian hidden tax thats the killer!

IMO opinion you can't go wrong with either clinc. Both top notch!

I think you will find no U.K clinic can perform this size procedure.

If you were to compare the best the U.K has, Dr Rogers, who i believe charges - 2000 grafts = £4250

This is more expensive than Feller who charges £4000 (approx) for 2000 upto 2500 grafts. :o

Although no hobnobs included! :o :(

You can trust Spex, there are so many people on this board, including myself, that have met Spex and received the best possible advice that you don't need to worry about a meeting with him turning out to be some sales scam.

No doubt he's a top banana :o