beardywierdy

Dr Rogers Uk

hey beardy, welcome aboard!

Dr rogers is the best in the u.k. The best of a bad bunch you would say. He is well respected but is by no means leading the pack. His densities are low to be honest. I think he can do a max surgery of approx 2000 if that? and plants at about 40max percm2.

If you want very conservative then he could be your guy. Have a consult with him. I did.

I found him to be not very enthusiastic to be honest. He didn't inspire me about my situ... it was as though he didn't want the work to be honest. Maybe he just realised he couldn't give me what i was looking for. He certainly didn't try to sell me a HT and make out that he could give me what i wanted.

You shouldn't make georgraphy an issue and travel to the States! :unsure: Get it done right first time IMO :D

Whats your loss situation, on any meds etc

Dr Rogers is a respected surgeon . If you're interested in HT'S it would be well worth you having a consultation with him. You can never have too much information with regards to HT'S :unsure:

Hi George, Spex

Situ on meds- I have been on Proscar for about 4 years or so. I am 36 and looking for good hairline work - I am prob nw 2.5 at the mo- a little like Jude Law's hairline but with a little more hair.

Although we are obsessed with grafts per cm2- I know that many regard Dr Rogers's density a little too sparse. The guy on the website video seems happy enough but there are no close ups.

I have been around the block in respect of consults- DHI, Mendelsohn, the H******* ***** and a few virtual consults with the North Americans.- it looks like Dr R is the best UK option.

As I said, we are obsessed with grafts per cm2 and this can be a little misleading. The reality however is that guys in the UK will have to go through the pain and suffering of 2 sessions to achieve the same result that can be achived in 1 session with H & W/Feller Armani etc.

Are you limited to travel. If not serious consider Feller in NY. I had 1700+ grafts into my hairline dense packed in August and i'm already blowed away with the results at only 6 months!

IMHO, Rogers is not experience enough to perform to the level i want my Ht to be performed at - the highest level.

I would at the time only trust Feller, H+W, Cole, or Wolf with my hairline. I've consulted with them all and all have given me the same rough guideline. Which shows consistancy amongst the top guys.

I'm now deciding which way to go but after my consult with Rogers he confirmed my opinion that he is not experienced enough to perform my surgery.

Martin

I'm based in France, although british. I haven't any pics but will certianly be taking some in due course now that there something to see. My density i believe is 60 hairs percm2...or will be :)

@beardy

I'm 2 weeks post-op with Dr.Rogers..can't speak highly enough of him. He's a Doctor not a hair salesman. He tells it like it is not just what you want to hear.

What size was your surgery rutters?

I was 1500 strip..healing's going great. I used a bit of Aloe Vera and the saline spray at first but now, nothing!!

For those thinking of going ahead I have 2 recommendations:-

Leave your hair long so that any donor/recipient areas can be 'camouflaged'

Allow 10 days before returning to work although I went into town after 7.

cheers

Hi Rutters,

Glad it's going well. What sort of area did you have done? Hairline?

Hi Rutters,

Glad it's going well. What sort of area did you have done? Hairline?

I told Dr.R that I was mainly concerned with the front so he concentrated on that. When he and I were happy he said he had approx 400 grafts left to put in the top which he did. Remember with Dr. R you pay for the graft. Each graft may have 1,2 or 3 hairs!! The grafts with 1 hair goes to the front and then the 2s then 3s. This makes the front look more natural.

Does Rogers not disect 2's and 3's grafts down in order to generate the appropriate no. of 1's needed like the top Dr's for the hairline zone? If not I can't see how enough appropriate grafts could be harvested for the hairline zone from a 1500 session :)

Does Rogers not disect 2's and 3's grafts down in order to generate the appropriate no. of 1's needed like the top Dr's for the hairline zone? If not I can't see how enough appropriate grafts could be harvested for the hairline zone from a 1500 session :)

I know he had 4/5 girls dissecting the grafts as they came out..

yes they will have been disecting the grafts into their individual units 1,2,3's but does Rogers refine the 2,3's into 1's by further disection?

yes they will have been disecting the grafts into their individual units 1,2,3's but does Rogers refine the 2,3's into 1's by further disection?

I know that he puts 1's in at the edge of the hairline then 2's then 3's.

Rutters, welcome... good to read another HT story....Even better its from a different doc.

Hope it all goes well... And about what was said early... I like the fact that Rogers didn't come across pushy and positive. Sounds like he was being honest and giving advice for the indivdual to make their own opinion. Better that way than some dodgy docs that promise super great dense hairlines, take wods of cash and then perform a crap HT and leave the paitient in a right poor state.

Hi Rutters

What is the extent of your hairloss? What will the eventual density be? How is the hairline work?

Cheers.

I'd say I'm NW 2a/3..Dunno bout density (left that bit to the Doc) What do you mean about the hairline work? all looks good to me..

I met Dr Rogers several times. I think the opening comments in this forum are a little unfair that he isn't enthusiastic. He is a quiet English guy. That is his personality. I found him to be a straight shooter. He was clear as to what my options were (in his opinion) and what he could do. He wasn't a salesman, and he doesn't need to be. I previously bought a HT from a Salesman. Never again. I was very impressed with him. However, in my own situation, I wanted a lot from my HT repair. I wanted scar revision, I wanted dense packing. I wanted it all fixed in one session and after previous experiences wasn't going to let a little thing like geography get in the way. I have just returned from Great Neck NY where my HT with Dr Feller was actually quite enjoyable (Can you believe that) I can already see what an improvement it will be from the stubble of planted grafts and would thoroughly recommend him, as would a lot of posters here. But I would also recommend seeing Dr Rogers. In my two visits, he didn't charge for consults, though I know he does. But was is £100 when it is the price of your head and scalp forever. I am not suprised that there are many happy Dr Rogers patients, and they are now speaking out on these boards. More should do it. I was certainly impressed by him, and he is pushing the boundaries of UK HT technology, but unfortunately, he is following the crowd when it comes to Dr Feller. I have also had consults with Dr Cole via the internet and found that experience to be very robot-like. Standard copy and paste laters from his PAtient Co-Ordinator. With Dr Feller, I had email and phone conversations with him which really put my mind to rest that he was a great doc and a human being.

1500 grafts on nw2/3 isn't going to go along way. You intending to go back in for more density?

Link to Rogers patient - video

Think he had 1000 grafts... not a massive differnce if any IMO his hair just looks longer!

Looks like Rogers has cured his eyesight though :o

Looks like there was some sort of mix up in his diary and he performed Lasik eye surgery on him instead of a HT :( The guy in the video regained his self confindence just by thinking that he had had a HT - this just shows the power of mind over matter :o

I think the video does not really showcase the notion of having a HT. There are no close up shots of the hairline. The guy seems happy enough but I am not sure this is enough to inspire me to have surgery.

You stealing other peoples gags quick?? This was the opinion on HLH. I would have thought that if you are going to go to the trouble of making and adding a video link to your site you might have chosen a better candidate to show an obvious difference/improvement :o

I am not bad mouthing Rogers. He is a steady eddy. But i can assure you in my consultation with him he did not seem enthusiastic..trust me!

Small strip sessions like this just show that even the leader of the pack in the U.K has some catching upto do with the big guns IMO.

If you can't travel and only need a small session then maybe - but then should you be getting Strip??

totally agree... Getting strip for only 1000 is wrong... These days with improved methods you are seeing FUE getting results of over a 1000 a day. I think Hairoot on this forum had almost 1300 in a day with Feller? And there is nothing wrong with having your surgery over 2 days to be honeest. Easly get 1-1500 that way (probably even more).