Martin1

Clinics To Avoid!

Another amazing thing just happened !!

With ref to my other posts on this thread.. when I contacted the old clinic I left none of my contact details, only my name. Told them that I would call them after I had had a good think..

They just called me... I am ex-directory and have a different number since my treatment with them.. so I am guessing they save numbers on a caller display !! I work from home but in a small office and more often than not I have people with me..which I had when they called.. and yes I use a speaker phone !! I am lucky as the lady in the office at the moment knows all about my HT's and is a wonderful friend... as when I answered the call the first words out of the speaker were "...calling from the Hair Clinic, I wonder if you had any thoughts about a further HT "... or similar !! :angry:

Should not be calling me again as I do not think the caller had heard so many "F's & C's & W's" in such a short time, along with several threats and comments about them butchering people, probably enough to get me arrested !! I also mentioned that I would be happy to have an HT done by them on the understanding that I could try my hand at HT's on her and the rest of the clinic staff first and if they were happy with the results then I would be next !!!

Happy now as I have exorcised my anger :)

I tried giving DHI a piece of my mind and they just put the phone down on me,good for you Tim giving it to them.

Hi Bigmac,

Yes, felt really good and been on a "happy" high all day after the call. Its just sad to know that as I type this some poor guy is on his way home from them, head in bandages thinking his life will improve...

I have a good friend who is a local Tory MP, nice lady and am thinking about asking her what could be done about these clinics in general, I know it sounds strange but once I have "sorted" out my own hair I do not think I would mind people knowing, come to think about it most people I know can already see something is not quite right with my hair.

Are there any, or is there a movement/***** etc trying to regulate these clincs, not just HT but others as I am well aware of nightmares regarding other forms of cosmetic surgery.

Food for thought..

Cheers again everyone

Tim

Unfortunately Tim the people who are suppose to regulate don`t seem to give a sh*t.

Lets hope they get the message, however you're probably not the first and wont be the last to tell them.

The Healthcare commission (HCC) and general medical council (GMC) are supposed to deal with these things but they dont really care about private cosmetic procedures. Until someone actually dies in a HT chair they wont do anything.

I saw a new article on AOL the other week about how cosmetic procedures are being "forced" on people by aggressive salesmen, and it criticised the time sensitive deadlines they give for discounts. I'm sure some of the bad hair transplant clincs (such as H0SPITAL GR0UP) are the main perpetrators of this practice.

Hello BAL,

Your right, I could not believe them calling me and the call was from a lovely sounding lady... high pressure does not have to be a slick salesman but also gorgeous blondie... I know as from a previous job I used to see salespersons all the time, the blondies had a better chance of a sale... its such a fickle world !!

Tim

Yeah these clinics don't miss a trick. Theres not many who can say no to a fit blonde.. especially in person. Well done on giving them a piece of your mind. Most miss out on the opportunity. The article also said that in some cases, staff either did not mention or downplayed the risks of having treatment and the possible side effects. Their report also said that some clinic staff described invasive surgery as "scarless" or a "minor procedure".

The funny thing is that this report was made by the consumer ***** Which? and not the healthcare comission or the GMC.

Hi TimUk,

Im new to this forum - an amazing amount of info. Im reading with interest your posts, because I went to the same clinic - (4 TIMES- what a pillock) - usual story, I was young and impetuous.

Have a look at:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/....asp?WebID=1253

Im not sure I got off lightly. My hairline is ridiculous. and I think my donor area is a mess.

I posted a full acount on this forum somewhere else - (cant find it now!) - and very angry with this clinic.

Any comments on the pics?

Hi guys..

Dont seem to see much regarding the Uk Clinc I used ??

Was "The Hair Clinic" at John Bell & Croyden, Wigmore Street, London.. I can remember when I first found this forum I exchanged messages from someone on here but cant remember who ?

Some of you guys have mentioned I had a lucky escape, I take this as meaning it could have been worse, which I agree..

Just wondered if anyone else had experience of this clinic, my HT was carried out about 14 years ago

Here is TimUK, write up and experience with his repair.

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3550

Will add some pics of him 12 months on:

Also here is a topic i started for you Pianoman to help so the info can be easily found:

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4364