Martin1

Clinics To Avoid!

I'm sure your procedure with Dr Feller will exceed your expectations BB. Sorry to hear of your misfortune with regards to your previous surgeries. This was the initail purpose of my post to name and shame these clinics who continuously perform poor unsatisfactory work yet still continue to perform on vunerable patients.

I 'm sure we will be able to collect info from this topic as it continues and then cherry pick relevant info from it and possibly make a new topic condensed and easily obtainable.

Then maybe it could be pinned like Johny wisely suggested.

Keep the stories coming in guys!

Martin

I was readin the Sun today and saw an advert for "H******* *****" leading uk specalists, lastest new technique blah blah

Well i thought i'd have a laugh and phone the number as a perspective patient .......... well i had to laugh!! :o :lol:

I asked them what the lastest technique was and they said its the only one they use.....

I asked is it Strip or FUE.... The numb nut on the other end said...err...errr...wait a minute i will ask my colleague.... errr... it's the only one we use and it will not make you look like you've got dolls hair!...... :ph34r:

Sold!!! :(

Call them its quiet funny in one respect but shockingly concerning in another! :)

07000 521 521 - quote me happy :rolleyes:

errr... it's the only one we use and it will not make you look like you've got dolls hair!...... :rolleyes:

Sold!!! :)

:( You should have recorded the phone call and posted it here...

Sorry to hear BB,Thanks for helpin to name and shame these B@stards!

helpme,

H******* ***** are clueless,I think i might phone em up and toy with em for sh1ts and giggles :)

If only i knew how to record phone calls...

J.

BTW I had an over the phone consultation with The Norton Clinic a few years ago and the salesman gave me my graft estimate(1500 for NW 4-5 - I dont think so!!) over the phone without ever seeing my barnet!!People readin this- aviod The Norton Clinic!!

all the clinis mentioned above have all got a great deal to answer for. they all have legal action taken against them i'm sure but this doesn't help the fact that the damage is done!!!! :)

Couple of posts I found

"DHI Athens not to be recommended."

I would like to post an account of my experiences with them and warn those considering them for a hair transplant to be very wary of their claims of carrying out successful operations using their implanter

I paid them £4500 for a session in March 2002 to transplant 4500 hairs, I had seen an advert in a UK magazine which resulted in my meeting with their then UK representative Malcolm Mendelsohn who came to my home and confirmed that I was a suitable candidate for at least 4500 hairs. Being new to the strip type operation which was state of the art at the time I was assured that my bald look would would be quite improved following surgery. A densometer was not used during this consultation to establish whether my very fine donor hair would in fact yield 4500 hairs from a single operation. I later realised this was seriously negligent of them given what their literature states regarding pre-op checks. Upon my arrival in Athens the day before the procedure I did not have any further examinations to ascertain my hair density. Everything was very casual.

The operation itself was carried out in silence because their doctor spoke no english. Beforehand ******** ******* of DHI took me to see him. During this brief meeting he swiftly marked a line on my forehead to represent the new hairline. The operation took about 6 hours. I was sutured at the donor site but not bandaged and stayed at the clinic overnight.I remained in Athens long enough to have the stitches removed and to ensure I had no infection.

Upon my return home I followed the post operative instructions closely and awaited the hair growth.

I was told that I could expect a yield of 99%

I have only a few hundred hairs to show for my money and feel very ripped off.

I have been trying to get a refund for many weeks because I would not consider having further work done owing to poor remaining donor availability.

To illustrate what type of disreputable people they are, they said in an email received a few days ago

that I should pursue Malcolm Mendelson for a refund because they are not responsible although they DHI insisted on receiving payment in full the day before the operation. The entire procedure was performed at their clinic.

I will be posting further news as this matter progresses

I REPEAT BEWARE OF DHI AND THEIR DODGY IMPLANTER AND THEIR LACK OF HONESTY.

WRAY

=====================

DHI did not offer a money back guarantee in 2002 to the best

of my recollection, they did however confidently predict a

99% yield there was no reference to undue risk or very low

yields.I believe the doctor who carried my operation was

Dr.Santos, (no longer with DHI I believe). I have only owned

a computer since latter last year at which time I became

aware of this forum before that I tried to make the best of a

bad job and get on with life.I am looking for a reasonable

gesture from DHI and feel aggrieved because they say they are

not responsible for a botched procedure.That is in my view

dishonest.They do now offer money back subject to certain

conditions

according to their website.I hope these comments answer your

queries.

Best regards to all.

WRAY

=============

> HELLO ALL CURRENTLY HAD 3 TRANSPLANTS WITH 3 DIFFERENT

>SURGEONS OVER PAST 6 YEARS STILL HAVE BALDNESS ON CROWN

>WHICH I WANT TO HAVE TREATED HAD DHI TRANSPLANT DONE IN

>ATHENS 4 YEARS AGO PROMISED GREAT DENSITY BY A CERTAIN MALCOM

>MENDLESON PATEINTS BEWARE ANOTHER PROCEEDURE AT WELESBOURNE

>MEDICAL AND ANOTHER IN BANGCOCK WHAT PUZZLES ME ABOUT

>TRANSPLANTS IS PICTURES ON INTERNET GIVE THICK DENSITY BUT

>AFTER 3 SESSIONS I EXPECTED THAT .SADLY 4 ME THATS NOT CASE

>.ARE THEESES PICTURES ON INTERNET FANTASY OR MAYBE I COULD

>HAVE UNBIAS ADVICE WHERE TO GO TO FIND A TOP SURGEON THANKS

There have been a few complaints/concerns regarding DHI rep Malcolm Mendelson and his sales "tactics". Considering this was four years ago, did you have a strip procedure with them?

Anyhoo, investigate the transplant forum on this, as you will encounter much more information there.

Good Luck!

Eternal Hope

==============

I am not surprised. I have spoken negatively against DHI in the past because I have met two patients with two bad results from strip. On Feb 25 2003 Farrdolf kicked me off the site for this post after over 700 posts.

Dr. Wolf;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos can easily be manipulated. All changes from before to after aren't always just from growth of transplants. Look closely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you. I find that most of the problems with the pictures are from the doctors that are on these board trying to recruit patients. I put almost no merit when a doctor posts a picture unless its of a patients that has posted on these forums PREVIOUSLY. Ever doctor and medical ***** is capable of a good transplant whether is 99% or 1% of the time. If a doctor posts a picture I am always wondering whether this is the actual judgement of his work or just a picture of his best work that might only represent 1% of the outcome to be expected.

A patient that has been on this forum previous to his procedure that decided on a doctor and then post his pictures have the greatest merit with me. Like we have all seen some patients disappear before they post after picture to show us the actual results this also can look bad to whatever doctor did the work. There are also cases where a doctor has given the patient his money back as long as he agrees not to post his after pictures on the internet.

This internet is a great tool to educate ourselves on hair transplants but its also used for doctor to recruit and market. There is nothing wrong with that but what you see is not always what you get.

With no disrepect

Lorenzo

And apparantly DHI started advertising on Feb 28 2004. I have always felt that I was kicked of the site because I showed pictures and made comments about DHI that were not flattering towards them. I made 760 posts and then all of the sudden I get kicked of for this post?? So did Farrdolf kick me off to silence me against one of his potential sponsers?? Does he believe that money is more important than the truth?? Now one year later some of the truth. Regardless thats the past and this is what I have always believed.

Good old Malcolm king of the bullshitters

Still peddling the same old crap on his site i noticed

He states 100% refund if not happy with result i wonder if

anybody has had their money back.

He also states the Choi leaves you with no scabbing after surgery!

This is impossible in my opinion, if you are having incisions made in your

head it is going to bleed resulting in scabs!

Sorry about the rant but if it puts one person off meeting this cretin

then it is worth it

BB

help me

i totally agree with you about dhi

lorraine arrogant git

norman ******* = new mendelson will tell you out to get your money

we should turn up at their next london seminar and air our views

LOL! I'm in!! When is it??

Just found out off their web site..25th March!

Whos in?

Martin,Bigmac, Spex, Johnny, BB, PB, .... anyone?

it costs£30!! :unsure:

Edited by george

Well my story started about a year ago now where both my naiviety and slight insecurities led me to get an HT at the tender age of 23. Only now have I realised how foolish this was and how incompetent and unprofessional it was for the Nobel Clinic (London, UK) to perform this strip procedure. Its changed my life for the worse in all aspects, constantly afraid people might find out, constantly frustrated at how I've lost so much, constantly in hiding.

Thankfully, after reading all your comments I now know I'm not alone - like so many I just wish I'd found this forum sooner. So basically, I'm now in a position where I'm going to sort my life out, there's no point in sitting moping about this when I can at least try to do something about it. This is where I need your help and expertise though. My ultimate goal is to remove the transplants, in doing so returning my scalp to as close its original condition as can be. At the same time I also wish to fill in my scar and improve its appearance. I've narrowed my options to two through reading all your posts.

I believe this guy was fortunate and got his problems resolved with Dr wolf but only time will tell.

I'd be up for going to one of their seminars! I spent £5000 on a hair transplant with DHI last year, and it was a complete waste of money!! Many of my friends knew I had had a hair transplant, and now its really embarrassing, when I know people are looking and can see NO difference!! I want to advise the world not to waste their money with D-H-I!! I have also been to one of their seminars....post procedure....and its all just a sales ploy! One things for sure, they would never want photos of me "before" and "after" procedure on their website, cos you cant see any differerence!! Nowadays, i am looking where to go for another hair transplant.... :( I'm not sure its even worth pursuing the "money back guarantee".....can anyone advise? Apparently, for the "money back guarantee" to be valid, you are supposed to have sent them photos on a fortnightly basis!! Has anyone ever done this? Would be interested to know whether anyone's been succesful in getting a refund......

This is a great post and should be pinned!

I'd just like to mention that i went to see the Crown clinic in manchester 10 years ago at the tender age of 21. I wasnt on any meds at the time or anything and they were willing to peform strip surgery on me. I do remember thinking at the time that i wasnt gonna get it done as the consultation was with some pompous git who didnt give a shit about me. I wasnt sold at all. My point is pretty obvious in that they shudnt even consider surgery on a 21 year old.

I luckily found a trhichologist who introduced me to minox and Propecia which basically bought me 10 years as ive just had my first HT done with Dr feller.

Regards

Tom

You are very fortunate to have not been sold at such a young age like many who are vunerable. The wait has certainly paid off. Tis true, "great things come to he who waits!" :(

I wouldn't advise going to Vancouver H******* & Health Science Centre after looking at their before and after photo.(remember,this is their best)

It looks like they've given this guy a comb-over on the same day and called it a HT.

It would be very funny apart from the fact they have the power to ruin lives. post-406-1144680951_thumb.jpg post-406-1144680987_thumb.jpg

Aviod the U.K period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avoid Europe!

I agree!!

Other continents/countries to avoid:

India

Asia

Australia

New Zealand

China

Japan

Africa

South America

...well everywhere except the US and Canada.

My US-Feller HT is looking pretty good now after my haircut - hair is covering the temporal angles on both sides now, making it look much more natural. I'm becoming a year younger-looking with every week :D

My US-Feller HT is looking pretty good now after my haircut - hair is covering the remporal angles on both sides now, making it look much more natural. I'm becoming a year younger-looking with every week

HOLD THE PHONE!!

Isn't this what we said would happen :D :D

Grow well you hairy beast!!!

Aviod the U.K period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avoid Europe!

Other continents/countries to avoid:

India

Asia

Australia

New Zealand

China

Japan

Africa

South America

...well everywhere except the US and Canada.!

This i must agree with after all the guys I have met from a number of clinics in the U.K and Europe that I strongly recommend that you need to not make geography an issue when embarking down the HT route.

I see many guys in the u.k who have experienced unsatisfactory work from a number of so called "u.k leaders" and these patients are all now seeking repair work.

A HT is not something to attempt to do on the cheap - it is an investment in yourself and your future. I have personal experience with having to pay for it in more ways than one ;-)

If you are absolutely limited to travel because of flying then see Dr Rogers - This is only my opinion after i have seen the work performed by many of the uk clinics.

If Flying isn't an issue and its the thought of cost - compare eggs with eggs and you will see that the cost of surgery is actually cheaper with many leading dr's in the U.S and Canada and all you need do is add a flight and accommodation to the price - £250 for a flight and £50 a night accomm'.

Look outside the box!

Spex

This is only my opinion

If Flying isn't an issue and its the thought of cost - compare eggs with eggs and you will see that the cost of surgery is actually cheaper with many leading dr's in the U.S and Canada and all you need do is add a flight and accommodation to the price - £250 for a flight and £50 a night accomm'.

Look outside the box!

Spex

Yep, this is true - a HT with my local wannabe HT surgeon would have cost me slightly more than my HT with one of the best HT surgeons in the world cost me. And I got to see more of the world as an additional bonus.

Even though he is no doubt one of India's finest, I still wouldn't recommend DR Askok Reddy.

Here are 2 of his most recent victims from 2006. (not a typo, the year 2006)

post-406-1146121492_thumb.jpg post-406-1146121523_thumb.jpg