Martin1

Clinics To Avoid!

(Please note this is only my opinion from my own research on various forums)

I think its important we compile a list of clinics that through patients poor/bad experience newbies can be made aware of, instead of constantly talking about the repuatable clinics.

It is a very confusing industry and I think if a list is complied of clinics that are NOT recommended and why it will allow the guys with limited knowledge to understand the pitfalls. Knowledge is power! ;)

Please add to my list in order to educate and if you've had a bad experience with a particular clinic then please explain why.

Clinics to avoid in my opinion. I have had consultations with them all and one thing was very obvious. They just wanted money.

DHI - -info

H******* *****, Wellesbourne - - Info, Info2

Norton - - Info

Link2

Others U.K clinics to avoid:

Noble, Regency Crown, Wimpole Clinc (Dr May), Hairclinic, Advanced Hair Studios(wigs),Mr Malcolm Mendelsohn(NHI ), Santos

U.S Clinics to avoid:

Bosley, MHR

Please feel free to add to this list with your own opinions/experiences as its vital we make new guys aware of particular clinics in my opinion

Martin

Excellent idea Martin ;) - that's what we need, a database of places to avoid and the reasons. Important to have proof to avoid being charged with slander...

Although everybody is in it for the money, even the good ones.

Thank you PB_. Indeed even the good ones are in it for the money but they also have the patients best interest at heart and often turn away people who they feel aren't candidates for whatever reason.

I want to make people aware of the clinics that are solely in it for the money and that are prepared to perform surgery on young vunerable perspective patient who aren't elegible candidates. Not only that but these clinics perform inappropriate surgery also. Incorrect no. of grafts, poor placement, incorrect use of graft type/size, no artistry whatsoever. Also butchering donor areas, using up and wasting precious donor hair and leaving the patients donor area disfigured an more often than not unrepairable.

This combination of poor skill and lack of ethics leaves the patients seeking yet further work and traumatised at the same time. Not knowing who to trust or where to turn. Often out of the frying pan and into the fire.

These clinics need exposing!

This is a great idea!

Patients that have had their fingers burnt need to post on this topic as it will help so many guys who are considering taking the plunge with one of these clinics. You are saving them a great deal of heartache and trauma!

I am intending to have a hair transplant, hopefully! After a great deal of research and time spent I have decided on potentially Dr Feller although not 100% yet. I'm intending to see him in April for a consultation in person. My issue is unfortunately donor supply and I feel i need to see him in person for a consultation before i commit so that I am certian i'm making the correct decision.

I see numerous people who have had poor work performed here in the U.K and now require repair procedures. I think it can only help guys who are initially researching HT's to be made aware of these particular clinics that perform unsatisfactory work off the back of patients personal experiences.

great idea

i would like to see said clinics post their opinion on what their patients say about them.

their should be a law against these doctors and some sort of compensation

I so nearly booked with Norton clinic :D but luckily found this and other boards :D

Saved by the boards :lol: !

My GP recommended The Nobel Clinic! Took a lot at the boards and HLH and thought to myself there's no point even calling them ! By the way, this time next week !!! I'll back from NYC !

My GP recommended The Nobel Clinic! Took a lot at the boards and HLH and thought to myself there's no point even calling them ! By the way, this time next week !!! I'll back from NYC !

I'm surprised that any GP would recommend a HT :D

Hope all goes well in NY :D

My GP recommended The Nobel Clinic!

:lol: Your GP needs shooting!

Good luck, Please keep us informed of your experience with Feller. :D

This GP is probably "sponsored" by The Nobel clinic :D Add this GP to the black list!

welcome aboard BB! Have you had any work done?

This is a fantastic thread that needs adding to.. expose these rats!!

Malcolm Mendolson :D :lol: This guy is even worse than Steven Barnes(H******* *****) ..if thats possible :D

Welcome BB.

EDIT:BTW Dr Michael May works for Wimpole Hair Restoration,One to aviod me thinks.

Bill,Can you please pin this thread?

Edited by johnyd473

Thanks George

Yes since 1996 i have undergone 4 procedures with all the usual suspects and

have just had my 5th two weeks ago with a doctor in the US.

My previous "work" has left me with two really nasty looking scars so im hoping now i can grow

my hair a little longer at the back to hide them and my last procedure will give me better coverage

at the front.

sorry to hear that mate!! :D

Who performed your recent HT? Was it a successful surgery?

Johnny, Ithink this topic will pin itself.....permanently at the top :D

George it was Dr Feller who performed the surgery

He said it went well he got 2000 grafts (i didnt have much donor left due to previous butchering)

Just playing the waiting game now first month is frustrating

Glad to hear that you have found someone to help your unfortunate situation. Can you tell us who performed your previous surgery?

It would really help this particular topic!

Martin

There really needs to be a separate list of clinics to avoid and the reasons... this thread is a good place to collect the names of these butchers but they need to be listed so that they can easily be read without having to sift through all the posts to find them.

Hello Johny

Yes it was The Hunting Clinic , Regency Crown, Farjo and

Malcolm Mendolsons firm NHI .

I had little or no growth from any of them and in the process have

been left with almost no donor hair.

The worst problem though is the scarring which is really visible

Hoping i get a better result of Dr Feller who i thought was very professional

throughout my procedure.