Sign in to follow this  
Kelbert17

Minoxodil

I am 33 years old and have been losing my once great head of hair for 10 years or so. For the last 5 years I have been taking Propecia ( I had a break a year ago to see if it was propecia that was keeping my hair or was it my diet..it was the propecia) which has given me great results up until the last six months where it seems to be getting slightly thinner. I have never used Nizoral shampoo before and wanted to know what % I should use.

Also last year when I was in the UK I went to see the lady who is the president of the trichologist institute. She said that minoxodil only works for a year and then no longer works. The best way to deal with hairloss was exercise, healthy diet and PROPECIA.....

thats not true! Minoxodil will continue to work as long as you use it!

a great number of people believe they come tolerant to it but this is not proven - if you've been using it a year and then stop you will wish you had kept on using it - trust me!

I have a question, how long do I need to use this twice a day? Because I've read on here that some of you use it once a day after a while... I usually spray 6 times twice a day which is supposed to be 2ml I believe. Funny enough I've been using the same bottle for 4 weeks now and it still has enough to last for one more week when it's supposed to be one for each month lol.. I must be doing something wrong.

Oh and is it ok if I spread it all over my scalp and not just the middle and the crown? Or would it make it worse for the frontal if I spread some there?

Hey Norman. The reason its lasting you longer is because as the bottle gets emptier it hardly sprays any at all, so its a poor design really, u may want to put a bit more on to match a bit more with 6 sprays when the bottle is new. i only use it on the frontal, it can be used anywhere on the head, the clinical trials just happened to be run on the crown area. i am not sure about using it once a day but i guess you could after you have been using it a while. Joe