Sign in to follow this  
zip it

Wellesbourne Dr Greaves

has anyone had any decent results using this surgeon.

ime really starting to get worried had a procedure on the 7th nov

This is certainly not ideal as it is common knowledge on these boards that

this uk clinic in particular are "Butchers". They perform lazy work and should in my opinion all be closed down!

I so nearly went to a u.k clinic, to the piont of actually booking a date ;) I was was fortunate enough to find these boards in time and establish very quickly that the U.K is not the place to have work done.

When investing in something like a hair transplant you need to go with the best. Not an o.k Doctor, the best! This means going over to the U.S period!

Read these boards and others and you will soon realise that there are still opinions available to you. In my opinion you will most certainly need further work as this clinic and Doctor in particular are notoriously bad.

Speak with spex about your opinions, he has been very helpful to a number of guys including myself.

ime really starting to get worried had a procedure on the 7th nov   :D

Don't get too worried yet, some people can get good results even with a bad surgeon. If you are the same person that wrote about Dr Grief on the other forum, you only had a small procedure so the damage, if any, will be minimal.

You can read about the GMC case against Dr Desmond GREAVES here.

There really needs to be a warning pinned at the top of this page about Grieves ;)

There are several victims of Greaves on various HT forums - perhaps you should get together and share the costs for a solicitor and take this SOB to court - I'm sure he shouldn't even be doing HTs.

PB_

I certainly didn't get any decent results from the guy! He has a GMC hearing coming up. Is it just the one procedure that you have done with him? How big was it? Like PB said, you might have got lucky! Best thing to do is wait on the results in 6 months time before fretting.

ime really starting to get worried had a procedure on the 7th nov ;)

Ive never heard of this docotor before. However my advice to you would be to not worry or stress about it and dont concern yourself with reading anything possiblly negative about the doctor right now. I think stress can play an important part in healing so you dont want to worry yourself right now.

Just chill and see how things turn out in 6 months plus. You may get a great result, even terriblle clinics like Bosley have been known to have a great result now and again. Unless your already seeing problems I would just forget about things until a good 6 months down the line as things may turn out fine.

Ive never heard of this docotor before.

"Dr Grief", Desmond Greaves is a well-known butcher on the HT forums... It could still work out though, he might have been on form on that day...

PB_

:D its my fault i did no research .went to see someone called stephen barnes and he promised me everything .the scar is about 18cm x5mm and only 1000 grafts

i will just have to wait and see. what about dr rogers i will need more any way,

i think the rest of my hair will fall out because of the worry ;) thanks to everyone

for all the advise and thanks to specs .

:D its my fault i did no research .went to see someone called stephen barnes and he promised me everything .the scar is about 18cm x5mm and only 1000 grafts

i will just have to wait and see. what about dr rogers i will need more any way,

i think the rest of my hair will fall out because of the worry ;) thanks to everyone

18x0.5cm is a small strip, so you haven't lost much donor area. If it grows, it will give you some density for a proper HT surgeon to work around to finish the job off. My strip was 26.5x1.5cm (2700). Don't worry, with such a small HT, there can't be any irreparable damage done and it could well work out fine. Have you seen Spex?

PB_

yes i have spoken to spex through this forum he was very helpfull

is that only a small scar its about 5 inches long . i dont know what ime talking about really ;)

yes i have spoken to spex through this forum he was very helpfull

is that only a small scar its about 5 inches long . i dont know what ime talking about really  ;)

12 inches is approx. 30cm, so my scar is nearly a foot long! It goes from above one ear in a U shape all the way to the other ear. Yours is only about 7 inches long; which will hardly make a difference to your donor supply with it only being 5mm wide - it was hardly worth doing. You aren't going to get much improvement from 1000 grafts but the good news is that Dr Grief can't have done much damage either. Have you looked at your scar? Does it look tidy? If you are really worried, go and see Spex (in person) so that he can evaluate your HT. It might be OK and he can put your mind at ease. Did Dr Grief lower your hairline or plant hair in and amongst existing hair?

PB_

its my fault i did no research .went to see someone called stephen barnes and he promised me everything .the scar is about 18cm x5mm and only 1000 grafts

i think the rest of my hair will fall out because of the worry  thanks to everyone

I met with rogers and he is about the best in the uk but he didn't really give to much interest to my case and suggested 800 graphs via strip which i thought was a little unethical especially when my situation warrents more than 800 anyway IMO.

geography should not come into it when having a ht performed. I advise you sit back and wait and during the time its going to take for the hair to grow look into meeting some patients who have had work done. The best work i've ever seen is spex and he will be more than happy to help and even get Dr Feller to assess you situation also.

good luck

I met with Rogers also a while back and its funny you mention he didn't seem too keen to help as thats exactly what i found. It was as though he didn't want the business. Also the before and after pictures he presented to me didn't blow me away either.

This Greaves guy sounds like a complete C@UNT! Sorry! :unsure:

Sorry to hear about your situation Zip-it. It sounds as though you've got off lightly with only a small procedure. I would recommend waiting to see the outcome before you venture into anything. As your previous urgency has put you in this position.

Until it grows you will not know , so i think you really need to just wait and see the outcome with a view to having the work repaired by a top notch Doctor and have it dealt with once and for all!

All the best

j

zipit, Welcome!

There has been some good advise given here regarding your situation. Until your recent HT starts to grow its going to be impossible to assess accurately and hopefully you may have a result that is acceptable. Only time will tell matey!

Nearer the time i'm more than happy to meet with you and assess your situation and advise accordingly. This is going to be in another 5/6 months until it will be of any use because there will be very little growth until this point.

Try not stress - put it all on the back burner and reserve you energy as scrutinizing over it isn't going to help.

I'm always here to offer advice :unsure:

Regards

Spex

Don't beat yourself up zip. You in the same postion as many guys who got sold a hair transplant. Listen to the advice given here, its solid.

zip it, how does your recipient area compare to that of pb's who is also 1 month post surgery?

Do you still have much redness or pitting where the graphs have been placed?

thanks everyone for all the advice, i will now have to wait and see the outcome

i will keep in contact with spex. and wont waste any more money in the uk.

once again thanks for everything

This Greaves should be shot ! :unsure:

He should be scalped first, made to suffer for a few years and then shot :D

Seriously guys, the only way to make your voice heard is to complain to the GMC personally. He's already been under investigation but if nobody else complains, he'll get off. But they won't take take annonymous complaints, you need to to prove you are a real patient. However, they have to preserve your confidentiality (which obviously has stopped you complaining incase you have to go "public". You can see on their website that they'll only ever call you Mr A or something). So, if you want to stop other patients going to that Dr, you have to complain. Otherwise, nothing will change, he/wellsbourne will carry on and in 5 years time, the same messages will be put up about them. Clearly, there is a problem with him but if nobody hears about them, nobody will do anything about him.

the recipient area does not look that bad not as good as pb,s a lot have shed

and the area is still very numb. i will try to post some pictures, to see what everbody thinks also the area behind the grafts has really thinned out :unsure:

i am also on 0.5 dut daily.

the recipient area does not look that bad not as good as pb,s a lot have shed and the area is still very numb.

I have almost 3 times the number of grafts you had... What sort of area did you have covered? Smaller area than mine? I didn't lose any hair outside of the recipient area, hair began to grow immediately right up to the edge of the red recipient area. Hair also grew normally right up to the edge of the scar - the scar is almost covered with hair now but the holes where the stitches were are still red and are visible through the hair at the back. I think I've lost most of the hair there was in the recipient area though :unsure:

Do you have any "Before" pics Zip, to go with the "After" ones?

If you can get us some pictures then this will allow us to get a better understanding of the work carried out. If you have trouble loading them Pb or myself will be more than willing to load them up - just email them over if you like.

the area behind the grafts has really thinned out

If your transplants were placed inbetween exsisting hair then this could result in some temporary shockloss, especially if the NURSES made the recipient incisions for the grafts - As even the best Doctors the world are sometimes hesitant to transplant into exsisting hair due to the fear of potential shock loss.

If you have some before and after shots this will help us :unsure:

Regards

Spex

I believe it to be true going off what zip-it mentioned in another post.

Since the forum design has just recently had an overhaul it is much easier to load pics. Just add them as an attachment :blink: