Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Hairloss And My Veiw On Spex

Hi all

Although it might be depressing, individuals who care about hair loss (which clearly anyone that is reading this site does) need to be cynics.

The reason for this is that there are so many people/companies who have and will continue to utilize individual’s insecurities about hair, to make vast amounts of money. THIS IS A FACT. As a result I would advise anyone to be very skeptical amount information they read / see on TV / or are told in a 'hair loss clinic' - a lot of it is crap, especially in the UK.

Personally after 3 years of exploring how to reduce/treat my hair loss, which has taken me to companies such as *********, norton clinic and advanced hair studio, I have become the worlds biggest hair loss cynic. I really find it hard to believe anything anyone tells me when it comes to maintaining/restoring my hair.

However after finding this forum and others like it, there is one person that I honestly would like to thank (Spex). I have read the majority of his past postings and have found them to be balanced an accurate - based on what I now know about maintaining/restoring hair.

I have also met the guy for drink and in my opinion despite his relationship to Dr Feller (as a showcase for Hair Transplants), he is a genuine guy who only wants to ensure individuals don’t make the same mistakes (both financial and emotional) as he and countless others such as myself have made.

Being the biggest hair loss cynic, I must admit I don't fully understand his altruistic nature of taking time to speak to hair loss sufferers (not to mention replying to postings). All I can say is that if you speak to him, you will learn Spex is clearly proud of his hair (as he should be), enjoys meeting people and gets a certain satisfaction in ensuring individuals are well educated on hair loss.

Spex you have my respect and gratitude

Matt

I would like to second that respect and gratitude, and im sure everyone else on here would like to too. Spex holds this community together with his dedication. Joe

Spex is a gent and it's through his dedication towards helping others that i didn't end up getting butchered by one of the uk clinics. He is definately a credit to this community. Thanks spex!

Much appreciate words!

I offer myself as a hair transplant showcase because there was nothing available to me when I embarked down the hair transplant road and feel it would have helped me greatly. I feel its vital that people interested in having their hair restored this way get as much information as possible and are able to actually see the results that can be achieved in person.

I hope my knowledge and experience may prevent people from making the mistakes I have and facilitate their goals of minimising their hair loss and maximising their new look via a potential hair transplant.

I am now in a fortunate position of attaining my goal and act independently to Dr Feller although highly recommend him as has been a vital part of my journey.

Regards

Spex

I too have met spex and he is a top guy. He truely wants to educate people and make them aware of the pit falls assosiated with hair transplants especially.

Spex throughout the last few months has responded to all my questions and never once pushed me towards dr feller. He speaks very highly of other dr's and is just a genuinely very helpful guy with a great deal of experience.

thanks spex :D

Just to really make sure that Specs will no longer be able to fit his head through any doorways, I too would like to publicly thank him for his time and efforts in chatting to me about my hairloss. If anyone is in any doubt, I would recommend a meeting with him, it could save you many months of ploughing through the mountains of info that there is around about hairloss, some good, but most bad.

I had minor to significant receeding at my hairline and wanted it fixed. I met with Spex in the spring, after reading about Dr Feller online, and soon had the HT with Dr Feller in New York. It's now looking great, and I know I still have more growth left. I don't think about it anymore. Spex was very helpful and he's got good intentions. Dr Feller probably cost less in total - including travel - than a UK transplant would, due to the favourable exchange rate, and I've no doubts that he did a better job than any UK surgeon could. I'm relieved that I've had such a smooth experience. Thanks Spex, and Dr Feller.

Hey Chris - glad to see you on the boards!

Do you have any pics you could share with us? If not no worries!

If you want to show yours pics send them over to my email and i can put them up in the Transplant section.

Regards

Spex

I am meeeting with spex on wednesday down in London and am very excited at actually being able to see what a hair transplant looks like in person. The pictures i have seen of transplants look good but i work in advertising so know what can be done with photos :D

I will report back :D

J

I just met with spex. I must say that the guy is incredibly helpful! He talked me through his journey, showing me photos at different stages and giving me information throughout the entire meeting.

He never once tried to sell me anything which i was kind of waiting for but informed me how he arrived at his decision to go with Dr Feller instead of other leading Doctors.

I must say his hair looks amazing also and i would have never suspected he had had any work done. If anything his hair looks better in person than in the pictures, more natrual.

The meeting helped me in many ways and has allowed me to see a little light at the end of the tunnel ;)

Thanks spex!

j

Top bloke! He talked me out of having a transplant :unsure:

He saved you a lot of money then :D - Now you can buy a new car or go on a luxury holiday.

PB_