Sign in to follow this  
Georgie

Treatments

Hi

I use regaine. Any suggestions on any other treatments? What's the best treatment or treatments for hair loss if I were to give myself the best chances to get my hair back to its best thickness?

Thanks

George

The big 3 are minoxidil, propecia and (I'm not actually sure of the other one). I use a clinic in London instead of buying off the internet. Take a look at the ********* website.

dont go to *********, i went there and they will charge anything because they know they will make a profit! They were quoting me £350 a quarter just for propecia and minodoxil!!!

I've been using ********* for a while and they seem fine to me. I've also been on other forums with loads of good report from people using *********. They are a bit more expensive that's the only thing but if you don't mind then do it. YOu get a great service from them and what they call boosters to help the main treatments (I use minoxidil and propecia). You also get checkups and clinical treatments and pics to see the results you are getting. I think it's worth the money - they do everything.

Oh and one more thing - DON'T BUY OFF ON-LINE PHARMACIES! I got fake Propecia from one and I've read really dodgy stories on loads of websites about them. You may get the right stuff but you're taking a big chance. Luckily the fake propecia I got was not dangerous - it just didn't work.

I am also a newbie to this forum and need a bit of advice,

I ve been reading this and will definateley be purchasing the Big 3, when the xmas rush is over (mail)

Im 28 years old and have been thinning for the last 2 years (i know always wear baseball caps)

Its got to the stage where I cant go to the barbers as when they wet my hair you can see that Im balding and have a kind of Jim Robinson (from neighbours) round patch in my hair, its always my luck that a gorgeous bird cuts my hair, when its dry its o.k

I want to ask this are there any concealers that anyone would recommend, especially as I do want to go out New years eve and all my mates are Hairy Sasqatches..

I will probably become a regualar on this site in the coming years and would contemplate

a: Hair transplant op

b: shaving it off completely

but not yet.....any help greatly received....also merry xmas one and alll

Hey, and welcome. For concealers buddy have a look at the cover ups and concealers section from mens hair loss main forum. Joe

Hey, and welcome. For concealers buddy have a look at the cover ups and concealers section from mens hair loss main forum. Joe

Cheers Joe, after having a look and carefully searching the net, Ive decided to opt for Toppik, its quite hard to get though in the UK, but its available on Ebay, which Im a bit skeptical about buying from, Im in Wales UK...

alright jasey, theres no probs getting toppik in the uk just get it off there web site i use it and find no problems with delivery or there is nanogen the same stuff relly but if you buy it in bulk it works out cheaper

Personally I would stay well clear of *********. Its just a business and like any business its main aim is to make profit. The drugs they prescribe you can get from your own GP on a private perscription. ********* just sell these same drugs with a mark up on the prices. I understand peoples concerns about internet shopping but your local chemist is fine! Its worth ringing around your chemists though as price can vary alot!

Regaine was good - it slowed my hair loss down quite a lot. I took advice on this forum though and went to the ********* centre and it seems to be proving to be worthwile. I've just noticed some re-growth beginning to come through.

I never experienced side effects from regaine or *********'s minoxidil and I'm not sure if many people do.