Sign in to follow this  
GZFant

First Timer With Some Questions

To start the case, I am 25 years old and experiencing some mild hair loss. My hair is naturally thin but I still have a lot of it. The most noticeable loss is the front part of my hair, which started a year or two ago. I recently started propecia, going on a little more than a month. Nothing noticeable yet although I am patient and waiting for one year. I am a very healthy person and in great shape. Eating well everyday and exercise. Recently though I ran into an article marketing Procerin. I went to other forums reading testimonials and it seems this all natural supplement is a good alternative to propecia even doubling the effects if taken with.

My question is, has anyone tried this product? It claims to be all natural with 1500mg of Saw Palmetto and other ingredients. The success rate claims to be higher in less time. I would take it in conjunction with propecia, maximizing results. I read about Spex's BIG 3 list and it seems there is too much care. My hair loss is not extremely significant, just to a point where I don't want to lose anymore and hopefully, slightly thicken the top and front of my head.

Another one I see on the market is Revivogen and many websites recommend it along with Propecia and Minox. Has anyone tried this product as well?

More helpful remedies I have read about is soft Iron. The person that cuts my hair said when he experienced mild hair loss and made appointments with doctors to cure the problem they told him soft iron is another small, but potent remedy in the fight for hair loss. Does anyone by chance have experience with this method?

Also, has propecia been known to thicken the front of the hair, meaning the front of your head or just the crown? Thank you ladies and gentlemen for all the help. These forums are extremely inspiring!

Hi there - the fact you've just really noticed your hair thinning actually means you've potentially already lost a great deal - on average we lose 50% of our hair before we notice! :)

I have no personal experience with the product you mention but i've heard that its not all its cracked up to be - in other words its a con - this is just my opinion.

There are many studies that show SP having little to no effect on MPB. One such study can be found here:PubMed Study on SP

Second, even if there is a drop in DHT levels that doesnt mean it is doing your hair any good! Just because your overall DHT blood serum levels are lower that doesnt mean the DHT that is formed in your scalp is lower. The type II 5ar enzyme is present in your hair follicles which in turns produces DHT inside the hair follicle cell which then directly attacks your hair causing it to atrophy.

Unless a compound can significantly reduce the type II 5ar and have an effect on the 5ar in the scalp then you're not doing much good.

and one more question for ya Spex. Not often but maybe 2 times a week on the off days and some mornings I like to wear hats. It is not prolonged more than 3 or 4 hours each period. Would this have any effect on hair loss?

Also, what exactly is MSM? My hair grows fast enough as it is, I just want something that might help the new hair growth process instead of faster growth. As you can see here MSM not helping this doctor shows that MSM helps very little if not at all.

I have heard Omega complex vitamins and flax seed oils are minor helpers for new hair growth. Anything on those?

Last and I think most important Spex. Say if all these treatments decide not to work as well as I would like or need. Is hair transplant the best way to go? I have seen pictures of your success and I know many actors as of late that have undergone the same surgery with outstanding results. I ask this because I am an actor as well and unfortunately in the film business we rely a lot on our looks.

Thanks again =)

GZFant.

Hats are a bit of an urban mith - when it comes to assosiated hair loss. Unfortunately its DHT which is the main culbrit :(

MSM - like george mentioned does actually make your hair and nails grow quicker - it doesn't actually help prevent further loss.

Omega complex vitamins and flax seed oils - every little helps especially when it comes to Complex b vitamins :)

Chances are that if you are on the big 3 and mainly propecia then your hairloss will hopefully slowdown dramatically if not stop completely. At this point when you feel you have stabalised your loss then you can potentially consider a hair transplant to add more hair where its needed. The secrect to hair restoration via HT'S is stopping further loss as this way it will allow you to reach your goal quicker, easier and cheaper ;) As you will not be chasing your tail so to speak.

The best thing i can suggest is that if your interested in HT'S then i can meet you and assess your suitablility and also you can inspect my hair and see what can be achieved.

I'm down in London on the 14th December and more than happy to have a chat with you about it all.

Consultation Dec 14th

Regards

spex

I am off the mainland but would hope to meet up with you spex at some point in the future. I've read a bit on hair cloning ie a way to add extra hair in the future if it is needed. Do people have long term concerns about getting a HT too early. If you are in your twenties is Propecia really going to keep enough coverage into your 50's/60's. What are your thoughts on hair cloning, viable for the future? Also although Propecia may not help with temple recession when does your temple become the area it will work if a temple recession pattern keeps creeping backwards. I think I mentioned elsewhere. Are people concerned that DHT drugs like Propecia will not work in the long term. It's been around long enough surely to have studies longer than 5 years, as it currently stands?!?!