Sign in to follow this  
AGT

Scalp Reduction

Just looked at Decembers "Men's Health Magazine".

It shows some horrible pictures of a scalp reduction being performed in America.

Nasty pics.

I thought this operation was no longer carried out !.

AGT

Just looked at Decembers "Men's Health Magazine".

It shows some horrible pictures of a scalp reduction being performed in America.

Nasty pics.

I thought this operation was no longer carried out !.

AGT

The HT doc I saw in Finland for a consult still does scalp reduction - he cuts a three point star (like the Mercedes star) from your scalp and then stitches the three gashes together... I decided NOT to go to his clinic...

See "Päänahan supistaminen (scalp reduction, alopecia reduction) " close to the bottom of the page here: Scalp reduction diagram

In English

PB

just had a look at that site PB its kinda sick,

The bit about scalp reduction or in general? Just noticed that the same page is in English too: In English

Or did you see that already?

PB_

Spex are you around? You said you cant believe this method is still being used. But then its Dr feller who performed the op. Could be wrong but isn't he the same doc that did ure HT?

Cheers

Can you show me a link where it says this as i find this hard to believe.

I did a search for "Dr Feller" + "scalp reduction" and only came up with a guy that had had a butcher scalp reduction with another doctor and went to Dr Feller to get fixed (someone called British Hairways) - Spex appears to have sent this guy to Dr Feller too...

PB

I've just bought the copy of Mens Health and i can confirm that this method is NOT performed by Dr Feller.

The Dr refered to in the article is called Dr Fleming NOT Dr Feller. Easy mistake to make -- their names start with the same letter ;)

Dr Feller spends a great deal of time repairing these things and to state in the article that this is the "most astounding new medical procedure "- just goes to show what we know here in the U.K - SWEET FA! ;)

Hmmm... flap surgery and scalp reduction are two completely different things. Bill's post explains flap surgery but this thread was titled Scalp Reduction. With scalp reduction, an area of bald scalp is removed and disgarded making the bald area smaller. The smaller bald area is then filled with grafts but with being a smaller area after the scalp reduction the patient doesn't require as many grafts as he would have required.

PB_