Sign in to follow this  
Sam

5 Months Propecia But No Positive Results

I have been taken propecia for over 5 months along with MSM and washing my hair with Nizoral.

I can't see any changes.....................

Any advice guys?????????????thanks

hair-loss treatments work differently for different people. I was told minoxidil would start working after 6 months, but luckily i began seeing results after 3 months.

If i were you, I would perhaps combine proscar with minoxidil, as they each have different effects. proscar is a DHT blocker, while minoxidil increases the blood flow to your hair follicles.

anyways, good luck guys - keep at it with the proscar, i've just started myself, and i wont give up on it until at least for a year!

Good advise Snow Predator!

Continue with meds for at leat 1 year to see the maximum benefit - everyone responds differently and timescales can vary from individual to individual.

Remember the key here is stopping further loss!

I've never used concealers before, but with regards to applying gel.... I once read somewhere that it's prefered to use something that has little contact with the scalp, like hairsprays. If you lavishly apply gel all over, and get a load of it on your scalp, and you apply minoxidil at the same time, then the gel will dilute the effect of the minoxidil.

Washing is fine, I've heard of no reaction whatsoever. Just be sure to leave the minoxidil in your hair for at least 4 hours for it to take its full effect, THEN wash your hair with whatever shampoo you want.

The biggest problem with minoxidil is it does make ur hair look kinda shite while it's on. Although your aim is to apply it only on your scalp, you can't help but get a load of it on your hair while applying to the scalp. And the fact that you have to apply it twice daily doesn't make things easier. However with time, you do get used to it - and as you become more proficient at applying it, your hair wont look as bad.

hope that's helpful. Not sure if anyone else has any input on minoxidil + concealers?

The biggest problem with minoxidil is it does make ur hair look kinda shite while it's on.

Now you said something I agree with :D

You can put concealer on your hair AFTER you have applied the minoxidil and it has dried (ur hair will still look kinda shite though :D - well my hair looks shite but I'm probably balder than you other guys).

PB

I have been taken propecia for over 5 months along with MSM and washing my hair with Nizoral.

I can't see any changes.....................

Any advice guys?????????????thanks

I've been on it for 5 1/2 months as well (+ minox) and not seen much change.

I always notice shreds of hair in my hands when I'm washing it - so it's not got to the point of keeping my existing hair. There was a time a few months back where loads were coming out which must of been the shedding phase, but I seem to be past that. But I think we need to remember that it doesn't work for 100% of people, even the propecia website tells you that.

It's worth sticking with it for a year or 2 and see how it goes - the cost of the big 3 isn't horrendous. Hopefully I'll get to a point where I will keep what I've got and grow a bit back.

Question: what time of day are people taking proscar, is there a optimum time of day? take it away from time when you've just eaten? Is taking it before I go to bed OK?

umm, maybe so. But I just don't remember seeing that much hair in my hands before I was 21, which is when I started losing it.

Either way I'm definitely still losing it on the crown and temples. :(

ive been on it for 5months myself, as of October 26th, the area near my crown seems slightly thicker. However my hair at the front has got thinner, and I can only say what I feel looks a lot worse.....

Currently:

Proscar 1/5 every morning

MSM 3 Tablets every morning

Nizarol Shampoo every Monday and Thursday

brioni: I was told that i could take proscar whenever i wanted, regardless of when I ate. I'd simply advise that you stick to a fixed timetable - like before you go to bed EVERY night, or when you get up EVERY morning. If you have today's dose just before bed, and tomorrow's dose when you wake up, and the day after tomorrow's dose before you go to bed, there'll be a huge gap between doses.

sonywebster: I'd split the msm up a little thru the day, so you get a constant, slow-releasing supply.

Cool, I thought it was OK, yeah I'm giving it a 24 hour gap but wasn't sure if it was best taken first thing in a morning or if it should be taken on an empty stomach.