Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Why Autumn Makes Your Hair Fall Out

Recommended Posts

Spotted a few extra hairs on your hairbrush or when you're washing your locks?

 

Before you start worrying that you're going bald, consider the effect the time of year has on your barnet.

 

women-and-hair-loss.jpg

 

In a study published in the journal Dermatology, the scientists followed more than 800 healthy women over six years and found that they lost the most hair in the autumn months.

 

They tracked 800 women over six months and found autumn was the prime time for hair loss.

 

The Swedish researchers found that women had the highest proportion of resting hairs in July — with the telogen state in most of them ending around 100 days later, from October onwards.

 

The life cycle of a human hair is between two and six years, with 90% of hair in the growth stage while the remaining 10% is in the resting stage before it falls out.

 

Complete article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...