Sign in to follow this  
Spuraman

Wayne Rooney Has Hair Transplant.

I follow him on Twitter and he has said the following:

WayneRooney

Just to confirm to all my followers I have had a hair transplant. I was going bald at 25 why not. I'm delighted with the result.

WayneRooney

I had it done in Harley street hair clinic London. Thanks to all the staff who looked after me.

WayneRooney

It's still a bit bruised and swollen when it dies down u will be first to see it. Anyone recommend any good hair gel. Haha

So he had it done in Harley Street, i thought places like that were not very good? i hope he has been advised well.

I honesty think this will potentially come back to haunt Wayne. :huh:

He is obviously not very well educated on the topic of HT's His comment : "I'm delighted with the result."

I hope he realises it take 8-12 months till the final result ..................

The Harley Street clinic is not viewed as one of the most established consistent clinics .. lets wait and see....

If he thinks the graft stubble is the "result", his solicitors wil be suing the clinic in a couple of weeks time when he sheds all the stubble :lol: I know the follicles are secure after a few days, but what about heading a ball? I wouldn't have thought it would do the follicles much good :huh:

Obviously waiting until the end of the season, was that why he wasn't playing for England last night? This is going to be really interesting and a landmark case for hair transplants. The clinic in question has not got the best reputation but if his result is good then they will be busy for a long time, if it is not good well....as I said interesting.

he presumably thought: Harley Street = expensive = the best there is./quote]

Little knowledge is a dangerous thing ...

Just saw a picture of his new hair - well the graft stubble. It looks pretty good actually. If it all grows he'll have a good head of hair.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...0k-surgery.html

Yeh does look good. Maybe England have finally caught up?

He obviously hasnt been told about the procedure.

He seems to think it will start growing, hasnt said anything about it falling out first.

You can imagine the press now after a month, "Rooney Hair transplant fails"

I have read some silly comments from people, some say oh i expected a lot of hair there!

your still bald tho wayne what was the point of that?

Rio Ferdinand even said he hopes rooney doesnt start using an alice band

Well there was that skating on ice guy the other week and now this , hair transplants have been in the spot light in the uk for a couple of months now , with regard to this wayne rooney Ht , theres gonna be no hiding place for it whats over , i mean during games when its drenched in sweat , there wont be any nice still pictures he could use or a nanogen fibre fest , its either gonna look good or bad.

he will no doubt need another session again next season and then again even the season after to get a proper fuller look , from the pic thats been posted it looks like hes had a horse shoe type done , high rounded of temples and a tiny line at the fringe , which really is what can only be expected from a fue session.

watch this space as they would say

More importantly, how's your hair doing Spursman? I haven't been on the forums for ages so don't know what's been happening. All my transplanted hair is still growing well and I don't think I've lost any more hair :D did you go back for more?

the reporting on the Rooney HT is farcical. The lack of knowledge in the technique equally so. They will all feign shock when it falls out as per the normal recovery route.

Interesting case for sure. Rooney didnt have much left so very interested to see how it pans out. Have to say Nesbitts looks well from the Blackrock clinic. They are seriously expensive though.

More importantly, how's your hair doing Spursman? I haven't been on the forums for ages so don't know what's been happening. All my transplanted hair is still growing well and I don't think I've lost any more hair :D did you go back for more?

Hair is ok, sort of forgotten about it now, crown annoys me at times, had a few grafts put in there but hasnt really made a difference. I use nanogen for the crown and it covers up well.

I didnt really have much more to lose so dont think ive lost, im on proscar so hopefully that should stop any more loss round the top the the sides.

Ive just had the 2 transplants, would love another one but a bit worried about my scar, had allot of shockloss which never grew back! you can see my scar but no one ever says anything so maybe its just me who notices it. I dont wanna go through another procedure and my scar becomes even more stretched. My hair characteristics were never great so my expectation was lower than others, Im happy with it, was just hoping the 2nd time round would have made more of a difference.

Id love a lower hairline and a full crown, i was told i have probably got another 2k via strip and the rest will come by fue.

Spursman, drop me an email at spexhair@hotmail.co.uk

Dr Lindsey who is a scar specilist is in London on the 24th /25th June - i am there too. Possibly he can have a look at it for you B)

Ive just had the 2 transplants, would love another one but a bit worried about my scar, had allot of shockloss which never grew back! you can see my scar but no one ever says anything so maybe its just me who notices it. I dont wanna go through another procedure and my scar becomes even more stretched.

I had my ears (otoplasty) and upper eyelids (blepharoplasty) done by Dr Lindsey and he said he could get rid of my HT scar. My scar is only visible if my hair is really short so it doesn't really bother me as it isn't visible with my hair at the length I like it (I didn't experience any permanent shock loss around my scar and have some hairs growing through the scar). I might go and get it done one day. My eyelid and ear surgery turned out very well without any visible scarring. My HT scar is only visible because I have two scars next to each other - I chose not to have the first strip scar excised when I had my second because it would have meant less donor hair.

Just wondered really if anyone here actually thinks rooney was a good candidate for any kind of transplant anyway? He is 25 and does have very aggresive hairloss. He has pretty sparse donor and he is also starting to dip slightly at the back now. He has been on propecia since 2009 and his hair has got worse so he is obviously not a good responder to it. What do any of you guys think? If he came on here and put photos on and asked advice, would anybody of said its a good idea?

I was thinking the same... he has lost his hair rapidly and looks like he'll end up a NW7. Rooney's HT is very interesting - I can't wait to see if it grows or not and it will be interesting to see how his hair loss progresses. In fact, Rooney's HT is the only thing about soccer that I'm interested in.

Yeah agree his pattern is well on the way for nw7. Lots of people have been saying '' well he has got the money, so he can keep adding more as he goes along! But we all know that its just not that easy.

I dont really think that much of the guy, but i would never wish anybody to go bald or ever have a failed hair transplant, but this has disaster written all over it.

Of course the press will expect him to have hair like a lions maine within 2 months.!

I admire him for advertisng this, but he has obviously done no research at all. It doesnt help when he has his simpleton team mates thinking he will be doing shampoo adverts asap.

I just wonder how many young lads have read what he has done and thought '' oh here is a hair clinic, lets get it done'', and end up going to a UK clinic thinking that all there problems are solved.

Im sure all you well experienced guys will agree that hair transplants are much more advertised these days thanks to rooney, ramsey, etc.... But the presses knowledge and the future patients reading about it and then paying for it, their expectations are well behind.

just a thought

rooney has always been aware of his hair situation and like most men including our selves loosing our hair is not a nice situation whatsoeverl. He has been on meds fin/prosc and minox/rogaine for a couple of years now i remember reading about it , so without them he would probably be bald already . I dunno about this Ht im not sure if hes doen the right thing or not, i do think he could end up like another elton john hair media situation were it becomes an obbsession to beat baldness that plays out to the world

Rooney's graft stubble appears to be hanging in there and growing. So when it does eventually shed the press will have a field day about his £30,000 hair falling out.

just been watching rooney play in the champions league game tonite. Just wondered if anyone can please explain or has an idea of how wayne rooney looks to have achieved a result in 2 months that should take at least 12? He was not only just receeding but was thinning all over as well, and now in 2 months it looks like he has no hairloss at all. I know he has gone for the old trick of grade 1 round the back and sides to emphasize whats on top, but there is a big change in just 2 months! Has he gone to some brilliant new clinic ? Has he just been very lucky? or....is he applying concealer? Because from reseaching ht for about 5 years or so, ive not seen someone go from where he was to what he looks like now.

wayne rooney looks to have achieved a result in 2 months that should take at least 12? He was not only just receeding but was thinning all over as well, and now in 2 months it looks like he has no hairloss at all.

Ummmmmm...... Concealer ;)

Same trick as Jason Gardner <_<

I watched a DHI promotional video on their site and from what i can gather their DirectHairImplantation technique which plants the follicle as soon as its extracted reduces the trauma to the follicle compared to follicles that are left in a petri dish for several hours, which i guess explains rooneys non shedding and rapid results.

Correct me if im wrong here spex as im not 100%?

Im not sure how consistent their method is but rooneys HT sure is impressive in terms of a quick turnaround and a great result too. fair play to him i say and if what ive stated above is correct surely that is the HT of the future as we all want results in 2 months and not 6 the most people endure....... money permitting :D

TT,

Great to see you apologies mate i hadnt seen your reply on here - my bad. i hope you and yours are all well!!

DHI do or did use the "choi method" which was seen by the industry as a substandard technique for whatever reason. I dont know if this is what Wayne had but a possibility.

Waynes result appears very good and fair play to him indeed for coming out about it. B)

Hi Spex, yeah im good mate and all are well ;)

Its seems the choi has been rebranded the DHI method and i guess in principle its a great idea but i have read some horror stories regarding DHI. Bigmac being one of them.

Im still longing for more hair mate but its just fitting it in these days with babycakes biting at my ankles and all......... All good tho ;)

Speak soon

Tom

Indeed brutha - I have come out my hiding hole. Hope you and yours are well :)

Watch this space... ;)