joe101

Hair Transplants On The Nhs?

do you think this would ever happen? If you could prove MPB was having a serious psychological effect on you?

On the TV show Embarrasing Bodies they often show people having cosmetic procedures for issues that aren't life-threatning but cause distress for patients regarding their body-image. Is this something we could campaign for?

If I couldn't afford a private one (which I can't) then what's to lose? Is a crappy HT better or worse than being bald? :lol:

trust me dude a crappy HT is way worse than being bald LOL.

good idea in principal but the NHS just isnt in the same league in anything imo compared with other countries

NHS HT!? I shudder to think what an NHS HT would be like :blink: You'd probably contract some hospital super bug in your scalp and end up having to have your head amputated.

NHS HT!? I shudder to think what an NHS HT would be like :blink: You'd probably contract some hospital super bug in your scalp and end up having to have your head amputated.

pmsl true is that !!

I am not aware that treatment of any sort is or was available on the NHS.

This article says BBC NHD

"Treatments which would no longer be funded included male baldness, facial blushing, tattoo removal and spinal epidural injections for chronic back pain."

Bill

If I couldn't afford a private one (which I can't) then what's to lose? Is a crappy HT better or worse than being bald? :lol:

I can add to the others' replies : YES!! a bad HT is way worse than balding. In my view, a HT has to be undetectable, otherwise its not worth it. The idea is to take attention OFF your hair, not on it.