pianoman99

Meds/lotions/treatment After Ht?

Hi,

I'm 7 days post HT. Should I be treating my head with anything other than a baseball cap?

Im taking MSM (1000-2000mg day). What about lotion for the scar (Vit E?, bio oil?)

What about the recipient area? Its looking quite dry and flaky now?

Any advice appreciated !

I didnt get any swelling - was expecting loads since that what I got with the HTs I had in the 90's - made me look like a captain caveman. Maybe because the single hair insertion is a lot less traumatic ? less fluid injected into the head?

Hi,

I'm 7 days post HT. Should I be treating my head with anything other than a baseball cap?

Im taking MSM (1000-2000mg day). What about lotion for the scar (Vit E?, bio oil?)

What about the recipient area? Its looking quite dry and flaky now?

Any advice appreciated !

I didnt get any swelling - was expecting loads since that what I got with the HTs I had in the 90's - made me look like a captain caveman. Maybe because the single hair insertion is a lot less traumatic ? less fluid injected into the head?

Hello mate,keep taking Msm and drink loads of water-it really helped me and i healed super fast.Imo its a bit early to be rubbing bio oil on the scar just yet as i gave it a few days after my staples were taken out,then it worked out fine.As for flaking well you could try a gentle shampoo like Johnsons to clear any dead skin and moisturise.Heal well. :D

Thanks!

Its nice know theres a place on the web where men can share moisuterising tips without fear of embarrassment! :lol:

Hello mate,keep taking Msm and drink loads of water-it really helped me and i healed super fast.Imo its a bit early to be rubbing bio oil on the scar just yet as i gave it a few days after my staples were taken out,then it worked out fine.As for flaking well you could try a gentle shampoo like Johnsons to clear any dead skin and moisturise.Heal well. :D

Just keep your scalp clean and forget all the pills, potions and snake oils ;)