ian

Ians 3rd Ht

well... i did it again. my third hair transplant and hopefully this one should be my last one.

i had 1800 grafts placed in the midsection and the crown. ive had a total of 7300 grafts over three hts.

been a while since ive been on the forums, hope you are all well.

fortunately i still have more donor left, dr feller has said i have 2 more sessions of 1200ish grafts.

in dr fellers own words i have enough scalp laxity for 2 people, only downside to that is my scar tends to stretch, i need to keep my staples in for 3 weeks instead of 10 days to try and improve my chances of a small scar, not a problem though, i dont really find the staples to uncomfortable.

hopefully the pics will be below.

also some pics to show how i looked before my first transplant and some after my second ht with styling wax.

post-180-1267289869_thumb.jpg

post-180-1267289883_thumb.jpg

post-180-1267289895_thumb.jpg

post-180-1267289910_thumb.jpg

post-180-1267289921_thumb.jpg

post-180-1267289940_thumb.jpg

post-180-1267290521_thumb.jpg

post-180-1267290541_thumb.jpg

post-180-1267290556_thumb.jpg

post-180-1267290573_thumb.jpg

post-180-1267290585_thumb.jpg

Congrats Ian - I am sure this will be the last one.. Although you never know that hair greed is a killer :P

Grow well! B)

Congrats Ian - I am sure this will be the last one.. Although you never know that hair greed is a killer :P

Grow well! B)

Hi Ian,

I have similar hair loss as to what your good self had so hair density pending I want to get it all done in one sitting? i know it may not be possible but i cant go through having my hair cropped like that over and over again. Can i ask do you leave your hair the way the doc leaves it or do you cover it up? Can you wear a cap every day or does this affect the new hairs ????

Also just read Spex's site is 4500 grafts the most you can have in one sitting???? Dont know why I ask i dont evern know how many i need yet ??????????

cheers spex.

chewbacka, i normally buzz it to a grade 2, i can wear a baseball cap to work (wearing hats doesn't harm the grafts) just be carefull putting hats on in the first week, you dont want to dislodge a graft.

if your hairloss is in the front third, on average you'll need about 2500-3000 grafts,

my hair is very straight and fine, also my hair naturally grows in 1 and 2 hair grafts, if i had very thick coarse hair it would have a thicker apperance.

what im trying to say is, different hair caliber can make a big difference in the final result.

it would be good if you could post a pic so i could give better advice. or have a chat with spex he is a great guy, he helped me from the very start.

grow well ian

keep us informed as to growth on your crown

i'm having my 3rd ht soon in the crown area, and would like to know how quick u see any gowth

i'm lucky like u in terms of laxity on my donar area, with 2 previous hts i didnt do any of those exercises and the doc commented on how good laxity i have, hopefully after my 3rd, he will also say that i have more doner for another, IF NEEDED

;)

thank spex, pb

hey pb ,you got any pics of your hair. be good to see how its matured

I decided to go for my first HT after the shock of seeing my hair in some holiday pics 5 years ago! I'm going away on holiday next month to celebrate my 50th, so I'll post some holiday pics when I get back. The trouble with having hair is being constantly mobbed by MILFs - the wife doesn't like it :P

hi, just thought id check in now that im just over the 3 month mark,

all is going well, looking forward for the next few months to see the start of growth,

ive been keeping myself well occupied over the months trying to get into shape(ive lost 1 1/2 stone in 3 months... woohoo) , it helps keep the mind off the waiting game.

i will post some pics in the next few days.

Well done Ian, three sessions wow and still more you are really lucky to have such good laxity, is it natural or do you do scalp exercises every night!!! I am sure you will be done after this session and congrats on the weight loss aswell.Look forward to seeing your updates

garageland, i didnt do any scalp exercises, my scalp is naturally stretchy.

thinning, i dont use minox, i did use it briefly years ago but it caused scalp irritations so i stopped using it.

here are some pics 3 month post op (1800 grafts mid and crown area).

i think shes ready to blow :D

post-180-1274457944_thumb.jpg

post-180-1274457972_thumb.jpg

post-180-1274457993_thumb.jpg

post-180-1274458021_thumb.jpg

post-180-1274458041_thumb.jpg

Chewey,

I agree - Having hair cropped is a major ball ache, if you want to be low key about it. For me its a bigger influence than "hair greed"

Ian - how did you cope - looking like a benedictine monk for 2 months ?

Grow well! B)

Hi Ian,

I have similar hair loss as to what your good self had so hair density pending I want to get it all done in one sitting? i know it may not be possible but i cant go through having my hair cropped like that over and over again. Can i ask do you leave your hair the way the doc leaves it or do you cover it up? Can you wear a cap every day or does this affect the new hairs ????

Also just read Spex's site is 4500 grafts the most you can have in one sitting???? Dont know why I ask i dont evern know how many i need yet ??????????

hahaha, fortunately i can wear a baseball cap to work so its not been too bad, i look forward to my monk days being firmly behind me.

well can I borrow your cassock then? :)

hahaha, fortunately i can wear a baseball cap to work so its not been too bad, i look forward to my monk days being firmly behind me.

hi, its now been 5 months since my 3rd ht, all is going well, my scar has stretched as it always does but doesn't really bother me.

ill be glad when the growth really takes off, its always difficult to predict the end result ie density etc.

here are my pics.......... i hope :unsure:

post-180-1278884566_thumb.jpg

post-180-1278884598_thumb.jpg

post-180-1278884672_thumb.jpg

post-180-1278884695_thumb.jpg

post-180-1278884716_thumb.jpg

hi, its now been 5 months since my 3rd ht, all is going well, my scar has stretched as it always does but doesn't really bother me.

ill be glad when the growth really takes off, its always difficult to predict the end result ie density etc.

here are my pics.......... i hope :unsure:

wow

looking good

can i ask? how many grafts did u want? i know u got 1800 grafts, but what were u expecting after having 2 hts already?

and were all 1800 grafts placed in the crown?

mr t, i wanted 10,000 grafts :D but i was booked in for 1500 , got a few more than expected :D .

the grafts where placed in the crown and mid, (theres a pic straight after surgery showing placement at the top of the page ;)

wow!!!

and i mean wow!!!

u lucky git :)

i just hope i'm as lucky to get the grafts i need for my 3rd ht, as i have lost some native hair

:(

if u pm me ure email i could send u some pics, maybe u could offer some guidance on what i shud go for

spex has already helped a lot, but u can never have too many opinions

;o)

i'd also love to know if ure scar stretches any more...

did u have the staples in for longer this time?

i just tried to pm my email but it says theres an error, i will try again.

i did have the staples in for longer(3 weeks) but my scar has stretched as normal (5mm in places)

ill just have to take the good with the bad, a scar that tends too sretch :angry: but lots of donor to be had due to laxity :D .

no worries

i defo have the laxity, just hope the doner is there too

u tried prp?

im having it done next month

:)

I gotta give it a go, as its only recently in the last 2 years that i had lost more native hair, so with the scalp still being fresh so to speak, its gotta be worth a go...

and if it works, then no more meds

:D

mr t, i wanted 10,000 grafts :D but i was booked in for 1500 ,

:lol: I'd like a 10000 session too, but the back of my head would be completely bald and my arse pulled half way up my back with the tension.

mr t, i wanted 10,000 grafts :D but i was booked in for 1500 ,

:lol: I'd like a 10000 session too, but the back of my head would be completely bald and my arse pulled half way up my back with the tension.

haha... i wish i wasnt able to visualise that right now! :P