Sign in to follow this  
boristheburglar1983

Just Had Prp Done

Just had the PRP done about 2 hours ago with Dr Rogers, was fine.

They took the blood from my arm and did the centri-fuge thingy, then just almost 'dripped' it on my head a little bit at a time and went over it with a roller, did all over my head, felt like constant pin pricks (bit like having a tattoo).

They did the front of my head first, then the top and crown aera round the back, had a little bit left over so asked them to do the fornt again and the temples.

I know interest is starting to pick up now at the clinic, so I would get in touch asap (if people need the contatc details PM me)

Am gonna be putting my pictures up when Dr Rogers sends them back to me.

I believe rogers is charging £500 a time and recommends 3 times a year.

It may well stop loss - its still early days. The decision over propecia amd minox was not made after several moths. ;) If it can just stop loss then its a treatment worth doing especially for the guys who cant take meds.

Just had the PRP done about 2 hours ago with Dr Rogers, was fine.

They took the blood from my arm and did the centri-fuge thingy, then just almost 'dripped' it on my head a little bit at a time and went over it with a roller, did all over my head, felt like constant pin pricks (bit like having a tattoo).

They did the front of my head first, then the top and crown aera round the back, had a little bit left over so asked them to do the fornt again and the temples.

I know interest is starting to pick up now at the clinic, so I would get in touch asap (if people need the contatc details PM me)

Am gonna be putting my pictures up when Dr Rogers sends them back to me.

Hi mate

What progress have you had with prp as of now?

Regards

Hi,

It is now 1yr+ since the OP posted this topic. Has there been any improvement with it? And/or what about those conducting the treatment - are they able to state any noticeable gains?

I did notice this article on an Irish site:

http://www.hairtransplantireland.ie/hair-l...rich-plasma-prp

This part was of interest to me:

After noting enhanced hair growth of transplanted hair after use of PRP, investigators conducted a small study of PRP effect on dormant non-transplanted hair follicles. The study hypothesized that platelet growth factors can “wake up” dormant hair follicles and begin the production of new hair. PRP was applied after scalp skin was slightly injured to induce platelets to release growth factors at the injury site. Enhanced hair growth and hair diameter was noted over the next 4 months, with a fall-off in enhanced hair growth after 4 months. This use of PRP is still regarded as experimental, with need for further study.