Sign in to follow this  
JackWhite

Help For You All

Ok, I am posting here to try and help those of you losing the battle and those of you losing your minds! Firstly, click on my name on the left hand side and read my previous posts from 3 years ago (there are only 18). These will show you the state of mind I have been in the past caused by *slight* hairloss at the temples.

Don't read on until you have read those posts.

Well I started Proscar from Dr Ashcroft on Jul 25 2006 it has since been 3 years and 2 months. I have not lost a hair since the day I started. My friends only the other day were all complaining that they wished they had hair like mine etc. My hair is currently down to my shoulders and thick. I have no side effects.

If it wasn't for Proscar I would *probably* (it can not be proved) - be in a much, much worse state now regarding hair. More importantly, mentally I would be in a dark place. Read my old posts - I used to *LIVE* on hairloss boards - I have not visited them for over 2 and a half years - I have my life back.

I advise all of you debating to do something about it. You can keep what you can but it's unlikely you will get it back.

And with regard to all other treatments - they simply do not work at the rate you will expect - if they work at all. I tried everything from Alpecin to over 40 different natural supplements a day to massaging my scalp to eating flax seeds! Only propecia works.

Hope this helps those of you taking the plunge. Good luck. Any questions feel free to ask.

Jack

Any before and after photos mate? :)

I do and I don't. I have loads of pics from when I started treatment but none that are specific crown shots, hairline shots etc but just simple pics. What I can upload however is pics of me 3 years and pics of me now. Either way it is undisuputable that, at a minimum, I have kept all my hair.

I am away on holiday in the (very early) morning so no time now to sort it but I promise I will come on and upload some pics over the next few days.

J

Ok, I am posting here to try and help those of you losing the battle and those of you losing your minds! Firstly, click on my name on the left hand side and read my previous posts from 3 years ago (there are only 18). These will show you the state of mind I have been in the past caused by *slight* hairloss at the temples.

Well I started Proscar from Dr Ashcroft on Jul 25 2006 it has since been 3 years and 2 months. I have not lost a hair since the day I started. My friends only the other day were all complaining that they wished they had hair like mine etc. My hair is currently down to my shoulders and thick. I have no side effects.

If it wasn't for Proscar I would *probably* (it can not be proved) - be in a much, much worse state now regarding hair. More importantly, mentally I would be in a dark place. Read my old posts - I used to *LIVE* on hairloss boards - I have not visited them for over 2 and a half years - I have my life back.

I advise all of you debating to do something about it. You can keep what you can but it's unlikely you will get it back.

And with regard to all other treatments - they simply do not work at the rate you will expect - if they work at all. I tried everything from Alpecin to over 40 different natural supplements a day to massaging my scalp to eating flax seeds! Only propecia works.

Hope this helps those of you taking the plunge. Good luck. Any questions feel free to ask.

Jack

Hi there, do you also use any other kinds of products like Nizoral or Minoxidil...?

Thanks for the uplifting story

Jack

Hi there, do you also use any other kinds of products like Nizoral or Minoxidil...?

Thanks for the uplifting story

No I don't use Nizoral (I didn't like how it made my hair feel). I use T-gel instead which contains coal tar which studies have proven can assist in halting hair loss. It also leaves my hair nice and thick so a double bonus!

As for Minox - I have never tried it so couldn't give you an opinion. I just wouldn't have time to do it properly.

Jack, your hair seems very thick and healthy - it's always nice to hear a success story. I'd be interested to know whether any of your male relatives suffer from hair loss; your hair looks so great it's hard to believe that you have MPB!

Jack, your hair seems very thick and healthy - it's always nice to hear a success story. I'd be interested to know whether any of your male relatives suffer from hair loss; your hair looks so great it's hard to believe that you have MPB!

Yes my brother pretty much lost it all by 24 in a diffuse fashion. By the time I was 22 I could notice some recession at the temples and a slight thinning through the middle. I jumped on propecia at 23 after umming and arring for over a year. I am 26 now and going strong!!!!

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your post - you say that you have not lost a hair since, but your post of Oct 20 2006 says that you were shedding like mad, and could see your crown.

Did this quickly reverse? Im interested because Im thinking of starting Proscar.

Cheers