Sign in to follow this  
badhairdo

Success Rate Of Donor Scar Transplantation

Hi all,

Just wondering how many people here have successfully had their donor scar filled with grafts, as I have read that the scar does not usually have good blood supply and also can be prone to stretching.

Anyone who can share any problems or complications in relation to their scar would be doing the rest of us "first timers" a great service.

I know Spex has had his scar filled successfully, just wondered if anyone else has managed it (or felt the need for it, say due to scar stretching or other complications).

Ta

Scars can and do stretch - especailly the more surgery the patient has. FUE'ing into scars can be sucessful but it all depends on the individuals scar, how wide, blood supply, number of grafts etc. You will never be able to buzz the hair right down though - FUE'ing into scar does not make the scar dissappear - It possibly just allows you to take your hair a grade lower.

Couple of FUE scar repairs on here: Fellers FUE results

I had 100 test grafts into a section of my scar to see how they would grow. Only about 40% - 50% grew :( My scar isn't really a problem as I don't want to shave my head anyway. Now that I know that transplanting grafts into the scar isn't very successful, in my case, I'll maybe have a section of the scar revised to see how that works out. I am prone to stretching, so revising the scar may not work either. Anyway, I'd still rather have a scar and hair on top of my head than no scar and a bald head :D

Hi mate - i don;t realy know in all honesty - maybe something you can discuss with the doc B)