spex

Dr Feller Starts Treating Patients With "p R P"

Dr Feller treats first patient in NY with "PRP" : PRP topic

Here is a little more info on PRP: PRP

Further info already discuss on PRP : PRP Topic 2

The Doc is now offering PRP and there has been a great deal of interest generated around the treatment.

I am intending to start it also in August when over in NY. B)

Hi Spex

That is amazing !!

Here are a couple of videos for people looking for more information

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hair transplant surgeon Dr. Robert Jones has provided an introductory video for those curious about PRP procedures.

Bill

Great videos Bill- B)

Heres another for info: PRP VIDEO DEMO

Dr Feller will be making PRP treatment available here in the UK in the not too distant future - Feel free to contact me if you would like to be put on the list for treatment.

SAGG, My brother from anothe rmother - how are you doing mate??

Dr Feller is charging $600 for the PRP treatment - that will basically be the price here in the UK once converted.

You would be surprised how much per kit costs per treatment - i think its in the region of $300+. I think the spinning machine doesn't come cheap either..

Hope this helps bro B)

SAGG, My brother from anothe rmother - how are you doing mate??

Dr Feller is charging $600 for the PRP treatment - that will basically be the price here in the UK once converted.

You would be surprised how much per kit costs per treatment - i think its in the region of $300+. I think the spinning machine doesn't come cheap either..

Hope this helps bro B)

Certainly does my man!! I was planning another procedure probably FUE, but I'd rather wait and try this first. My donor hair is pretty exhausted, so want to try all other options before opting for surgery again. Any idea on when Dr Feller will be making this available in the UK, approximately?!

Quote from the Doc:

Thankfully my PRP equipment and procedure kits came far earlier than I thought. Many thanks to Harvest Technologies, Inc. for coming through so quickly.

I performed my fifth PRP treatment yesterday. Interestingly, it was on my Harvest Technology, Inc. representative who seemed to be thinning out and decided he could benefit from "some of his own medicine"...literally!

His procedure was very easy, as were the four before him. We have already established a routine and can perform them in about 25 minutes.

The patient comes in wearing street clothes. We sit him/her down in our reclining chair and take some blood from the arm.

This blood is then taken into another room to be processed in order to obtain the highest concentration of platelets (7x).

In the meantime, I disinfect then numb the scalp with the same tiny needle as is used in a botox injection.

After a few minutes the PRP is ready and I inject it every 1-2 centimeters into the dermis. This is absolutely painless.

Then I take a tiny needle with a guard on it so that only 1mm of the needle sticks out. Then I poke the scalp about 150-200 times in the target areas where the PRP was injected. This activates the platelets to start exuding it's growth factors into the skin.

Then I massage the scalp a bit while washing it down with sterile saline.

Then the patient relaxes for a few minutes until his/her hair drys and that's it. The patient can run a comb through the hair to style and go home. Simple.

Again, many thanks to Dr. Joe Greco for bringing PRP to the treatment of hairloss. He has been very forthright and encouraging and I believe many hairloss patients will be thanking him as well for his efforts and vision.

-Dr. Feller

Dr. Alan Feller

Feller Medical, PC

287 Northern Blvd., Suite 200

Great Neck, NY 11021

516-487-3797

www.fellermedical.com

have only read this thread but will read more when i have time.

so basically you inject the area and then hair starts growing?? B)

how long does it take to come in?

One of the youtube clips says it lasts just for a year then you have to get it done again, is that right? so each year you have to have the injections?

You can put me down spex just in case this is the real deal and its also suitbale for me, just dont want to miss out. But ill have to research more.

Cool MrT.

Hey Spurs,

Yep - healthy blood plasma contains bioactive proteins that the body uses to replace, repair and regenerate tissue. These natural proteins – produced by your own body – serve as the “active ingredient” in PRP treatment.

The blood concentrate is injected into balding, thinning and existing areas of hair on your head to help.

PRP treatment is a simple, outpatient procedure that is completed within 30 mins approx - The treatment begins with the doc drawing a small amount of blood from your arm. This blood is immediately processed using a patented, FDA-cleared method to extract and concentrate the blood platelets, where the powerful growth factors are contained. The result is a concentrated dose of platelet rich plasma, which is injected into the balding or thinning areas of scalp to begin doing its work.

That’s all there is to it. You leave with no restrictions or further requirements. Your body does the rest on its own.

The concentrated platelets in the scalp will secrete activated growth factors for up to seven days. These growth factors are the chemical signals responsible for attracting cells to the site for regeneration. This important phase will occur during the first two weeks after treatment. According to the most recent studies, maximal results are experienced between four and eight months, after which the benefits begin to decrease, and another visit should be considered.

Dr. Feller recommends all new patients to undergo two or three treatments within an 18-month period. For those who respond well, one brief treatment every six months should be all that’s required. For those who do not seem to respond well, Dr Feller recommends discontinuing treatment and exploring other options.

Hope this helps bud!

Cool MrT.

Hey Spurs,

Yep - healthy blood plasma contains bioactive proteins that the body uses to replace, repair and regenerate tissue. These natural proteins – produced by your own body – serve as the “active ingredient” in PRP treatment.

The blood concentrate is injected into balding, thinning and existing areas of hair on your head to help.

PRP treatment is a simple, outpatient procedure that is completed within 30 mins approx - The treatment begins with the doc drawing a small amount of blood from your arm. This blood is immediately processed using a patented, FDA-cleared method to extract and concentrate the blood platelets, where the powerful growth factors are contained. The result is a concentrated dose of platelet rich plasma, which is injected into the balding or thinning areas of scalp to begin doing its work.

That’s all there is to it. You leave with no restrictions or further requirements. Your body does the rest on its own.

The concentrated platelets in the scalp will secrete activated growth factors for up to seven days. These growth factors are the chemical signals responsible for attracting cells to the site for regeneration. This important phase will occur during the first two weeks after treatment. According to the most recent studies, maximal results are experienced between four and eight months, after which the benefits begin to decrease, and another visit should be considered.

Dr. Feller recommends all new patients to undergo two or three treatments within an 18-month period. For those who respond well, one brief treatment every six months should be all that’s required. For those who do not seem to respond well, Dr Feller recommends discontinuing treatment and exploring other options.

Hope this helps bud!

Thanks for that, dont like the sound of getting it done every 6 months tho, would be cheaper just to stick with the nanogen. its something to think about anyway. ill see what happens when more people get it done.

Hey Spex,

Has Dr Feller seen convincing results from this procedure, or is he giving this a go on a trial basis? Sounds like a major breakthough if it works, but not come across any news in the media

Great videos Bill- B)

Heres another for info: PRP VIDEO DEMO

Dr Feller will be making PRP treatment available here in the UK in the not too distant future - Feel free to contact me if you would like to be put on the list for treatment.

Hey spex, for some reason I cannot PM you, but I would defintely be interested when the treatment hops ever the pond.

Feel free to email me and i can add you to the list bro - email in my signature B)

Sagg, hope you are well dude!

Its not the Doc himself who will be performing the PRP treatments here i the UK - but a UK doc who is actually a Dr Feller patient.

The Doc involved here in the UK is just finilising a few things his end and then can start to commit time to PRP. Any guys interested in PRP here in the UK feel free to contact me and i can help co-ordinate as there are alreay a number of guys on the waiting list. Although the line starts behind me : spexhair@aol.com

The treatment will be based in Birmingham and London as this is where the UK Doc is based.

The exact cost is unknown at this time as is basically dictated by the cost of the kits and equipment which all need to be shipped in from the US. Per kit costs in the region of £250 although i know this is something Doc Feller is working on to keep the price down. The UK doc is also keeping his fees to a minimum along with the cost of surgery space required.

Approx cost will be in the region of £500/£600 per treatment.

Hope this helps

S

for 500 - 600 £ is great, any more however, would be a little expensive considering it will be required twice a year..

All good mate - Drop me an email and i can add you to the list. B)

Hi - if you have emailed me mate you will be on the list. B)

Hopefully starting PRP here in the UK in August. We are just getting the UK doc trained by the doc.

Hi - if you have emailed me mate you will be on the list. B)

Hopefully starting PRP here in the UK in August. We are just getting the UK doc trained by the doc.

That's awesome, wicked.

Look forward to hopefully having this done in the next couple of months.

Thanks again

BTB