Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Alpecin

Hi guys,

What do you make of this shampoo, do you think it is a scam???

Im unsure whther caffeine can help the hairloss?

Also can caffeine in your diet cause hairloss?

Please reply

It's not a scam - there is some science behind it (see link) - but I'm still sceptical. It's one thing to do a study in the lab, using hairs cultured in test tubes; it's quite another to prove that something applied to the human head actually works in the real world. I wouldn't say that Alpecin is a total waste of money, but you are better off with Propecia and Regaine in the first instance.

http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/Formulation...-slows-baldness

It's not a scam - there is some science behind it (see link) - but I'm still sceptical. It's one thing to do a study in the lab, using hairs cultured in test tubes; it's quite another to prove that something applied to the human head actually works in the real world. I wouldn't say that Alpecin is a total waste of money, but you are better off with Propecia and Regaine in the first instance.

What about caffeine in our diets im sure ive read somewhere that this is bad for our hair??

What about caffeine in our diets im sure ive read somewhere that this is bad for our hair??

Just been reading throuhg some of the previous posts about this shampoo, has anyone tried it and what resuts did you get????

I have read that it only causes shedding has anyone had this problem?

Please reply

Thanks

Yes I've seen the same claim, but I doubt most people drink enough to actually accelerate the balding process. The bottom line is that if you are genetically pre-destined to go bald, you'll go bald; if you aren't genetically pre-destined to go bald, you won't.

I found this general info about coffee and health:

http://www.cosic.org/questions-and-answers

Yes I've seen the same claim, but I doubt most people drink enough to actually accelerate the balding process. The bottom line is that if you are genetically pre-destined to go bald, you'll go bald; if you aren't genetically pre-destined to go bald, you won't.

I found this general info about coffee and health:

http://www.cosic.org/questions-and-answers

What about shedding with this shampoo??? im tempted to use it but i dont want ny loss getting worse far quicker

i have been using it for a bout a month or so,one thing it does it stops my hair gettin greasy,which was pretty bad at times,i used to wash my hair everynite after work and by morning it was greasy again,but this as solved that problem! dont really no if its helping with hairloss thou! :blink:

Hi Guys

I use 'Alpecin double effect caffeine shampoo', which is similar to ordinary Alpecin but contains Piroctone Olamine (for dandruff) and caffeine. The Piroctone Olamine has shown in some studies to have an effect on the average hair shaft diameter (ie thickens each hair).

I use the Alpecin double effect shampoo alongside T-gel coal tar and Nizoral, and am hoping for each shampoo to do the following jobs:

*T-gel therapeutic (coal tar) shampoo: clear dandruff and keep it at bay

*Nizoral: have the anti-androgenic effect, slow hair shedding, and increase hair shaft diameter, thus slowing down hairloss

*Alpecin double effect caffeine shampoo (contains Piroctone Olamine and caffeine): as Nizoral but with the added effect of caffeine to stimulate hair root growth (I am hoping it has a similar effect as minoxidil)

My main shampoo is the T-gel as I wash my hair daily and didn't want it to be blasted too much by the ketoconazole (Nixoral) and piroctone olamine (Alpecin).. Over the week I use T-gel x3, Nizoral x2, Alpecin x2.

I am finding I am retaining my hair using this regime, and don't use any meds. Hope this is useful in some way.

Cheers

Ian

Just reading through this again has anyone had any experience lately of sheeding or accelerated hairloss usiing ALPECIN, thinking of buying it but im paranoid of it having a negative effect????

Is it better to use this or NIZORAL???

Cheers

Scotty