Sign in to follow this  
stewie

Qhi Proscar

Hi everyone - anyone been getting their proscar from http://www.qhi.co.uk ? aparently its the genuine MSD proscar (but spanish) but Im scared to use online companies after all the bad press they get (apparently something like 50% of online stuff might be fake!)

plus im kind of aprehensive about using proscar in general over the bone fide 1mg propecia due to concerns about not getting the correct 1mg dose (instead getting 0.87mg on day 1..then maybe 1.39mg on day 2 etc etc), losing fin in the cutting up of the pill, exposure to air of the remaining pieces as opposed to being sealed indivdual pills ..plus general peace of mind

btw does anyone know if Dr Ashcroft sells PROPECIA? i know he sells Proscar but what about the 1mg pills?

thanks...

it doesn't matter if the dose varies from day to day. as long as it's about 1mg per day is OK. I don't know if the pills lose any potency by being cut up.

Hi everyone - anyone been getting their proscar from http://www.qhi.co.uk ? aparently its the genuine MSD proscar (but spanish) but Im scared to use online companies after all the bad press they get (apparently something like 50% of online stuff might be fake!)

At least QHI lists an address, which is more than most online pharmacies do - although according to this old article I found, their main operation is actually based in the Turks and Caicos Islands rather than West London. Would you want to get your prescription drugs on grey import from the Caribbean?

plus im kind of aprehensive about using proscar in general over the bone fide 1mg propecia due to concerns about not getting the correct 1mg dose (not 0.87mg on day 1..then maybe 1.39mg on day 2 etc etc), not losing any fin in the break up of the pill, exposure to air as opposed to being sealed indivdual pills ..plus general peace of mind

As Joe says, the 1mg dose is slightly arbitrary. Merck tested a range of doses and anything between 0.2mg and 5mg was found to be effective for male pattern hair loss. Actually 1mg and 5mg reduce DHT by a very similar level - there are diminising returns to higher doses.

btw does anyone know if Dr Ashcroft sells PROPECIA? i know he sells Proscar but what about the 1mg pills?

Not sure, but he probably wouldn't be able to offer you a good deal. Milligram for milligram Propecia is more expensive than Proscar. I know it sounds weird, being a smaller dose, but Merck wants to make a return on the millions spent on its hair loss trials. And unlike Proscar, Propecia is still protected by patent so there are no (legal) cheap generic versions.