Sign in to follow this  
richie

Dr Feller Uk Patient / Lifeunderacap / 2600 Grafts Pics

Hi guys this is from a guy I met last year , for reasons of anonimty lets just call him lifeunderacap , and this is his story ...............

This is my HT journey I started losing my hair in my temples about 10yrs ago which didn't bother me that much until about 5yrs ago my hair in my crown started to thin it went from a bald patch into a lolly shaped area .

I would grow my hair long and push the hair over the bald area and push it forward which worked well for a while but it started to take me longer than my girlfriend to get ready to go out . Everywhere I would wear my cap every where i could get away with , my life was basically under a cap most of the time and I hated it , until 1 day I saw an advert in a men's mag for HTs, the company was called Noble .

I rang Noble , they said 1000 grafts over the phone and I would be sorted . Great I thought , easy , I drove all the way to London and back ( I live way way up north ) in a day , to get my life changing 1000 mini micro grafts !

I waited a year , and by now it was blatanly clear there was no density you could drive a bus though the gaps in the grafts , I had been ripped off to the tune of £3000 , Noble you complete bastard !

OLD NOBLE MINI GRAFTS , 500 IN TOTAL

IPB Image

I was pissed off and decided it was time to research , so I looked on the net and found spex , it was clear he was helping a lot of people just like me to get the right result so i gave him a ring . I told him I'd seen a great result from a lad called richie48 on one of the forums , he had work done with Dr Feller in a crown area that looked about the same as mine .

Spex put me in touch with him , we talked about HTs for about 2hours over the phone , he new just what I was talking about and asked me if i would like to come over and see the work the he had had done with Dr Feller .

So me and my girlfriend went over to see him , wow ! now that's what a proper HT should look like , a perfect double swirl crown , he let my girlfriend run her fingers though his hair and she said I looked and feels as if there was no ht there at all it was 9months grown out . I knew I wanted quality and density ht like that of richies he said there was much more density to come .

My car , which was the price of a HT had to go , I sold it and phoned spex , who's a consultant for Dr Feller , and he booked me in for 3500 grafts on the 11 feb 2009 .

I arrived at Dr fellers 7:30 and told him that I wanted density over my crown and forward in a lolly pop shape he said this was easily achievable and that I my donor was still in great shape , even after my noble fuck up . Surgery went really well very little discomfort just a couple of little stings from the the needles , Dr Feller is an artist and even recreated the natural swirl pattern of my hair starting in my crown , onto my midscalp and strengthening my hair line , he even removed my old noble strip scar .

Now I thought i would have needed about 4000 grafts but I came out of surgery and Dr Feller said he owed ME money ! He only used 2600 grafts ! result ! He said , I was lucky if I'd recieved half of the 1000 noble grafts that I'd payed for , so i can only think that the other 500 grafts went in the bin !

So you can compare your situation to all pictures of HTs , on all the sites and think that you need x amount of grafts , but in reality it's only the doctor on the day of surgery who will know how many you really need .

Dr Feller and his staff are the best you can talk too , his staff are very professional and made my pregnant girlfriend very comfortable , thanks also to spex and richie for all your help , and finally for anyone out there who's thinking about getting a HT , don't make the same mistake that I did ............ MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH WELL !

BEFORE AND AFTER FELLERIZATION , 2600 GRAFTS

IPB ImageIPB Image

As soon as I get more pics from Dr Feller I will post them .

Thanks for reading

lifeunderacap

Looks nice and clean, the no1 rule with HT's is research, I scoured these forums for 2/3 years before i actually went for it, and by then had narrowed it to 3/4 surgeons because the same names always crop up. (good and bad) I hate hearing about these stories of people getting ripped off and butchered by people who shouldnt be allowed a butter knife let alone a scalpel. Now for the wait, hang in there cus, you have been to one of the best in the world in his field.

Welcome richie's buddy :P Are you going to keep updating for this guy richie as will be interesting to see what the result turns out like. I would have thought 3000+ would have been more appropriate..

Hey Richies mate :) You have had a nightmare with Nobel Clinic. I went to Nobel as well :angry: it does piss me off how they can keep on going like this... with no respect for anyones welfare apart from there own pocket! They have no morals what so ever...and to top it all... totally unskilled....or maybe they have some warped idea of what 'HT art' is!

Anyways... :) you made a very good decision in the end... even if you did take a wrong turning.. you deserve the best after the Nobel event... and wish u all the best mate ;)

Hey guys ,

lifeunderacap has tried logging on to say thanks for your replies but he put the wrong email address in and lost the log in stuff hahahaha

I know he won't mind me telling you this , but computers are not really his thing , anyway he said thanks for the replies .

Like hairoot and pb have said , I also commented to lifeunderacap about the number of grafts and the area covered , but he discussed , at lenth with Dr Feller about what he is hoping to achieve , he only wanted a subtle change , yes he wanted the top filled but most people hav'nt seen his head for years and proberbly wouldn't notice any difference , this is what life wanted .

Dr Feller agreed it was a smart plan and given that life still had quite alot of native hair left ( see the before pics ) , this hair was diffusly thinned but Dr Feller was confident in his approuch and the precise placement of grafts would increase the density .

Lifeunderacap also disscussed keeping an age related hairline , something he could grow into , with his new home and pregnant wife comes greater resposibility ( jesus I sound like spidermans uncle ) hahahah , anyway in a years times he can lose the cap , settle into being a grown up family man and people will be non-the wiser about his hairloss and just " asume "he has " grown up " .

I think this is a well thought out and smart plan , a sensible approuch , I know , from what lifeunderacap has told me , he has definatly learnt a powerful lesson from rushing un-prepared into these things ( see the noble shite ), and never intends to make that same mistake again .

Thanks for reading

Richie and lifeunderacap

Welcome on baord "lifeunderacap" aka Richie :P

Glad you had a great experience especially after your previous HT. Night and day hey mate ;)

I will get hold of your pics from the doc once i have got myself sorted out but just got back off holiday - but in the meantime for the guys who have commented on your topic about the area covered its important to understand that the appropriate number was used due to the actual area warranting work. LUAH has a great deal of native hair and high sides as shown in his pre op pics which were worked into - also the entire area shown in his immediate post ops shows the entire area buzzed down and worked on everywhere (the entire area was not planted at the same density) - the perimeter will have been worked on at a less density due to overlapping into native existing so the main focus was through the middle and crown area - the edge of the area worked on shown will have been appropriately placed at less density to blend. i spoke to Dr Feller just after LUAH's op and he mentioned it was impossible to actually pack anymore in hence the Doc paid money back to him as LUAH had pre paid for a slightly larger session.

Will upload pics when i can get them.

Heal and grow well mate