Sign in to follow this  
Dr Rogers

Crown Photos

Here is a crown before and after, 1892 grafts, 10 months later, no meds but stable loss in 50 year old.

Just to respond to a previous question, we have varied our techniques and now employing a new staff member who has worked with Ron Shapiro and Maurice Collins, both of whom are undoubtedly excellent surgeons with outstanding clinics.

post-343-1234284290_thumb.jpg

post-343-1234284344_thumb.jpg

Good job doc B) Big area covered - any reason why more grafts weren't used - any immed post op pics?

Thanks in advance and thanks for sharing.

As you know, I tend to be conservative and in discussion with the patient, he didn't feel the need to go overboard on density on the crown - it is a big area but crowns can easily use up many grafts which then can't be used for the front in case of further loss.

This is his review photo and he should be in for a second procedure to the front. It obviously has achieved a sizeable result in just one session and has an excellent tricho scar which I should be able to show next month when we shave it down for his second procedure.

I often find that patients "dip their toe" with either smaller (cheaper) procedures or perhaps crown first, before really going for what they want - a more advanced hairline for instance. People in this country, who perhaps don't read forums and are generally less aware of hair transplantation, often admit they don't know if they really believe hair transplants work and prefer the idea of seeing the results as they go along. Obviously, many USA patients or forum readers are much more aware of HT so tend to want the bigger numbers but numbers are not the whole story. I can be very confident that virtually every single hair has regrown on this patient but that can become unclear when larger megasessions are involved. I am happy to do up to 3000 FUs in one session but more usually up to 2500 as I think that is a good compromise between coverage, density, retaining donor for later use and keeping good regrowth rates. But each clinic needs to decide what is appropriate for them.

Looks good so far.

As Spex says a big area was covered with that amount of grafts.

Thanks for posting.

bm.