Sign in to follow this  
fox

Hotel

Hey fox , ive just got back from surgery on monday ., I was given information via an e-mail from Dr feller recommending about 4-5 hotels in the Great neck area. Most of the guys stay in the Andrew hotel, including myself.. Its in the town center of Great neck , about 5 minuits away from Dr Fellers office ($10 taxi fare) .Its nice and clean and the staff are great , plus its very close to shops and the train station is nearly outside the door.. $15 return to get you into NY center (takes 20 min)

Also the Andrew hotel offers medical discount , worked out at $200 per night with taxes and cost $45 to get to the hotel from JFK airport in a yellow cab... hope this helps :)

I ditto everything Patchyp just mentioned.... B)

Heres a link to my experience... it may help you see what it looks like inside if you decide to stay there. I also recommend it as its nice and clean and in a convient location... right next to the station and 5 mins from Fellers.

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.p...hl=andrew+hotel

BHUK just looked at your link .. for a minute i was back in the andrews hotel . I was in the exact same room as you i think lol .. even my girlfriend said the same :)

Also your pictures of NY are better than mine so im gonna steal a couple for my album :)

The Andrews hotel looks very nice and clean judging by BHUKs pictures.

Enjoy your trip and HT while you are there.

Thanks patchyp. I have not received an email from Marcia at Dr Fellers with the hotel recommendations :unsure: . I have had trouble with getting emails through to her also though <_< I leave to go travelling in three weeks and also need to get some blood work done which she said she would send when i spoke to her over the phone, which i have not received either. I must say i have not been overly impressed with them on this front.

Thanks patchyp. I have not received an email from Marcia at Dr Fellers with the hotel recommendations . I have had trouble with getting emails through to her also though I leave to go travelling in three weeks and also need to get some blood work done which she said she would send when i spoke to her over the phone, which i have not received either. I must say i have not been overly impressed with them on this front.

Fox, The email at Feller medical is notoriously problematic unfortunately due to the spam control on it - This will 100% be the reason for the lack of email interaction - This is something Dr Feller is attempting to resolve - I suggest you call Marcia directly on Monday to establish the situation as you really need to get on with the blood work ASAP.

Drop me an email and i will fwd you on the blood work you are required to have done and how to get it done ASAP - although you still have loads of time B)

The Andrews is popular and handy - even PB recomended it :huh:

Here is their website - Phone them direct and mention Feller medical discount.

The Andrews Hotel , Great Neck

75 N Station Plaza

Great Neck, NY 11021, United States

001 516-482-2900

BHUK just looked at your link .. for a minute i was back in the andrews hotel . I was in the exact same room as you i think lol .. even my girlfriend said the same :)

Also your pictures of NY are better than mine so im gonna steal a couple for my album :)

I'm the same...when I look back at the pics...I feel like I am back there again.. its the most awesome place I have been to. Thats cool if it was the same room..lol

The next time I stayed in different room with sep beds.. also... thanks for enjoying the pics.. you might like to see the others I took the following year... I think these are the best ones... also.. for Fox... theres a pic of the outside of the Andrew Hotel to help you recognise it.

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.p...wtopic=3174&hl=

Fox, wish u all the best mate... I know that around the time I was due to leave for the trip I was really anxious....and especially the very night before the HT in the hotel....I was rolling around in bed and figerty.. but soon as I woke up in the morning and u know theres no more waiting u feel better.... and when I arrived at Fellers... I was the most relaxed of all after 5 mins.. (I think I wore myself out the day before walking all around NYC.. thats a pretty good idea as u'll feel tired and sleep better that night, just so u know if ur feeling anxious... its completely normal so its all good.. and u'll love NYC B)