Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

Uk Minoxidil?

This site sells Rogaine - the American version.

I get Regaine from boots the chemist.

Has anyone tried the Rogaine they sell? Good stuff?

Cheers

EDIT: received this morning. a bargin basically. Bubble wrapped, and it expires 2007. Way cheaper than brand name Regaine.

I was asking about legitimacy, specs.

Received my Rogaine this morning.

4 pack for £37.99.

Sweet Jesus - at the chemist you pay £60 for 3 pack Regaine.

From here you get 4 pack for £37.99

It is legit - otherwise I wouldn’t stand for it. I’m looking on the label - expires 2007. Bubble wrapped and everything.

What's the best stuff to get for the best price for people in the UK? I've been on fin for 18 months now, and I've continued to lose hair, and am getting a bit desperate now.

We need to see pictures of your situation, Gunther.

The best course of action would be to use the big 3 - Fin, Minox and Nizoral.

Fin you should get from QHI. Minox and Nizoral from above.

But until we know your situation, it's all guess work.

just got my 1st order off minox uk

seems ok to me.

less than a week from ordering to receiving from the states

could have been better packaged. was placed in us postal cardboard envelope.

but arrived undamaged

was showing as a gift and cosmetics on customs sticker.

at about £5 a bottle im more than happy

oh and i dont think its any more greasier than the uk one, just a whole lot cheaper

i got 2 bottles to try. will be putting an order in for more

i thought rogaine and regaine were the same product, just different names. like snickers / marathon chocolate bars? why should it be different textures? i'm on rogaine should i change to regaine?

i've just started using it after ht, i use it at night on crown and on the newly transplanted hairs, is rogaine just as effective as regaine then?

i don’t think they are the same, people say they are but with regaine i felt i had some success with it helping reduce hair loss but i changed to kirkland minoxidil and i was losing more hair (maybe just me over scrutinizing) and it left my hair feeling very greasy. i dont use any of them any more i just take propecia and msm tablets

is rogaine just as effective as regaine then?

Just the same. 5% is the minox you want to be using :D

Its the same! 5% Minoxodil! - can leave your hair a little greasy though

ive shaved it no 1 so no problems there

it dont seem greasy when rubbing in .

i wish people wouldnt post negative things just coz they dont like various products.

ie:pb saying it dont work and makes you worse off.

most people who suffer hair loss are paranoid enough without people adding to it on here

don’t mean to be funny but that’s one of the reasons why people are on this forum to give feed back whether its good or bad. i would rather know either way if a product works or not

don’t mean to be funny but that’s one of the reasons why people are on this forum to give feed back whether its good or bad. i would rather know either way if a product works or not

Exactly!

PB_

just coz it dont work for you dont mean it wont work for everyone.

what im trying to say is someone just starting off may read that comment syaing its rubbish and never start on it.

just coz it dont work for you dont mean it wont work for everyone.

what im trying to say is someone just starting off may read that comment syaing its rubbish and never start on it.

Yeah, whatever [yawn] - go dip your head in a bucket of 100% minoxidil for all I care.

no need to spit your dummy out just coz someone had a go at you.

Perhaps not... I often over react. I apologize and wish you success with minoxidil.

no problem.

just out of curiosity if you no longer use minox what do you use

I take MSM and zinc but they don't help to grow any new hair. MSM helps to speed up the growth of any existing hair you have so I'm hoping it will help the transplanted hair sprout more quickly - I'm getting a hair transplant next month. Zinc is supposed to be good for hair health but I haven't noticed any benefit from it personally. I believe finasteride (propecia/proscar) is the only drug that really works (prevents/slows down further loss and perhaps some moderate re-growth in the crown area) but I don't want to start taking anything I would have to take forever to keep my hair - so I decided on a hair transplant.

where are you getting your transplant and who by PB? I'm a student at the moment, but when i'm earning some money, i'm pretty sure i'm gonna go for a transplant too. It'd be cool if all members of this forum who've had a transplant could post details of who they saw, how much it cost, and how well-performed it was.

where are you getting your transplant and who by PB? I'm a student at the moment, but when i'm earning some money, i'm pretty sure i'm gonna go for a transplant too.  It'd be cool if all members of this forum who've had a transplant could post details of who they saw, how much it cost, and how well-performed it was.

I'm getting the HT in New York by Dr Feller - it would appear that Spex is sending everyone here to Dr Feller so everybody will have the same doc. :lol: How much work do you need doing? Just a hairline touch up, frontal area or a mega session? There's a price list on www.fellermedical.com so all you need to do is see Spex for an estimate of how many grafts you'll need, then look up the price.

I'm getting a hairline reconstruction and the whole front 1/3 of my head done:

DrFeller2%20001b.jpg

PB_

ahhh i see.

My hair is balding every where except the sides and back i'm afraid :lol: (sorry, i don't know how to upload a picture :lol: ). The hairline isn't receded as much as yours PB, but there's general thinning up to the vertex of the head. I'm keeping it at bay with minoxidil, so i don't know if the hair i still have because of minoxidil has to be replaced.

Thanks for getting back to me, i really do appreciate it