luckyescape

A Very Luck Escape

Would just like to thank all the guys who post on this forum. my partner has had past hair surgery performed by the norton clinic, need i say more. he had been considering one last pop at it and arranged another consultation with norton. im so glad i went with him as the "set up" got me suspicious. i decided to check them out and came across your forum, we had booked for surgery 21/01/09 "NEXT WEEK" the blood still drains from my face at the thought, needless to say we promptly cancelled. we are doing our research and hope to find a top doc to do a proper job. just wanted to say how greatful we are to find this site, you saved us from disaster.

:o

Welcome Luckescape - it was a pleasure to speak to you yesterday and i am glad you have had chance to find the various forums prior to making a decision. Research, research and then research some more via all the various forums and get a good feel for the great clinics that are actually out there.

I look forward to meeting you and your partner and hopefully i will be able to offer some advice and get you in touch with some other patients directly.

My apologise for cutting the conversation short last night with your partner but the 100+ people in the cinema were looking at me a little strange :huh:

hi lucky escape :) , i too had a bad HT done at the norton ., its good you found this site in time , wouldnt it be great if there was the option to get a HT done very close to home with no hastle ... well i fell for it and wasted 3k lol.... you'll get lots of good advice on this site,

What work did your partner have done at the norton , grafts , strip FUE ect ?

That was a lucky escape :o - kudos to the guys who have been victims for helping to save another potential victim.

Spex has helped many people (including myself) on this and other forums - good luck with your research.

Tubs

How do Norton keep getting business? :blink:

can I ask, Luckyescape do you know the name of the 'Dr' scheduled to disfigure your partner? and did he have any dealings with Jeremy Isherwood.

Hi Guys, Thanks for your replies, Phill has had a flap and scalp reduction by Dr Frechet in Birmingham and strip treatment twice by Thomas Norton in Wakefield. Phill does not recognise the name Isherwood. I have counted the implants but i can tell you its nowhere near the amount that was supposed to be put in and considering hes been twice i would have expected better results, just cant bring myself round to mention it to him, don't want to upset him. I can not tell you the name of the person who was going to perform the treatment this time, stupidly we never asked ( left our brains on the clinic step as we went in ) but when i cancelled it over the phone the woman said Tom Norton would not be doing it and the bad reports were years ago, yeah around the time he had his hands on my fellas head !!! ( bring on the bigger alarm bells ) I'm just glad we found this forum in time. Phill seems quite ok for the moment with what hes got on top but i know its a thing that's never to far from his mind otherwise he wouldn't have started down the HT road in the first place. One more time though to improve things with the option of little repair work in the future. Thanks to Spex for taking the time to talk to us ( even in the cinema lol ) and we will visit when Phill gets his head around things. We are researching over the net but would be glad for any tips and recommends that you guys can give. I had not met my partner when he had his first treatments 10 yrs or so ago but I'm here now and I'm going to make sure he gets the best treatment possible when hes ready. Will have to teach my fella computer skills, hes 'computerphobic'

:)

So good to hear that the forums have saved you another trip to that clinic.

Have a read of my experience with him.

What was your results like and do you have any pictures to post.

All the best bullit.

I had not met my partner when he had his first treatments 10 yrs or so ago but I'm here now and I'm going to make sure he gets the best treatment possible when hes ready. Will have to teach my fella computer skills, hes 'computerphobic'

I just want to say... any guy would be more than lucky to have such a caring understanding partner like you....hats off to you! :)

Also... you found these forums by doing your research for him... (well...u just struck gold!) you have saved him from another horrific event with an ugly unsatisfactory result :angry:

He can rest assured....what he has now isnt in the same league as having a top Doc tidy him up...sorry he had to endure the bullshit he received from Norton!! The problem is we tend to 'believe' these UK butchers as they 'sound' so convincing.. last thing you would imagine is your being scammed so you put all your trust in them as all you want is what they promise...and to look more like the person you recognise in the mirror before the hair disappeared! but they know full well....they cant deliver way before they take all your hard earned money from you....its just disgraceful they are still allowed to be in business!!

I also went to a UK clinic... suffered for over a decade afterwards. I am a changed person now after my repair with Feller Medical! and doing my research and meeting Spex... which was the best decision I have made in my lifetime. What I liked about Dr Feller and his team is the relaxed atmosphere and you feel at ease straight away knowing your in safe hands and your not treated as a number :)

Good luck with your research into travelling well away from the UK! and a very successful repair ;)

Luckescape - i can endeavour to get you in touch with BadhairUK who is a great guy and been through the ringer when it comes to the hands of this industry. He has lived to tell the tale and been transformed and now finally living life the way he always should have. Speaking with guys like badhairUK will only install the confidence in yourself and Phil that something can actuially be done potentially to enable Phils current situ and allow him to put his hair to the back of his mind. Research is vital and make sure you continue to get Phil online as he will see that there are a number of potential avenues he can explore further.

BadhairUk's case for example - BHUK

So good to hear that the forums have saved you another trip to that clinic.

Have a read of my experience with him.

What was your results like and do you have any pictures to post.

All the best bullit.

Hiya BN, and thankyou, have read your experiences, trying to get my head around how these 'so called' docs can be so heartless :angry: !! preying on people when they are distressed. No pics as yet but hope to get some taken very soon.

I had not met my partner when he had his first treatments 10 yrs or so ago but I'm here now and I'm going to make sure he gets the best treatment possible when hes ready. Will have to teach my fella computer skills, hes 'computerphobic'

I just want to say... any guy would be more than lucky to have such a caring understanding partner like you....hats off to you! :)

Also... you found these forums by doing your research for him... (well...u just struck gold!) you have saved him from another horrific event with an ugly unsatisfactory result :angry:

He can rest assured....what he has now isnt in the same league as having a top Doc tidy him up...sorry he had to endure the bullshit he received from Norton!! The problem is we tend to 'believe' these UK butchers as they 'sound' so convincing.. last thing you would imagine is your being scammed so you put all your trust in them as all you want is what they promise...and to look more like the person you recognise in the mirror before the hair disappeared! but they know full well....they cant deliver way before they take all your hard earned money from you....its just disgraceful they are still allowed to be in business!!

I also went to a UK clinic... suffered for over a decade afterwards. I am a changed person now after my repair with Feller Medical! and doing my research and meeting Spex... which was the best decision I have made in my lifetime. What I liked about Dr Feller and his team is the relaxed atmosphere and you feel at ease straight away knowing your in safe hands and your not treated as a number :)

Good luck with your research into travelling well away from the UK! and a very successful repair ;)

Thanks BHUK, reading your opening comment brought a tear to my eye :rolleyes: Phill says you want to try living with me ha ha ha !! the cheeky bugger. Phill is a lot happier now knowing that when the time comes proper help can be found. Before we thought HTs only resulted in another scar for little results, as you know you grasp at any solution available. Its all been an eye opener for us, like coming out of the dark, the before and after photos we have seen posted are ACE !! and yours is EXCELLENT !! bet your made up. :D

Thank You spex, Phill reads all the information and replies from other forum members when he gets settled in after work and screams laughing names the lads use. Usually i cant get him near the computer Ha ha ha. I have stumbled across another forum so will look at that later. We are a lot happier now looking at some of the clinics available, Still don't want to get to excited until he has been assessed properly as every case is different. Thanks again for caring and we will see you soon.

:D

Thank You spex, Phill reads all the information and replies from other forum members when he gets settled in after work and screams laughing names the lads use. Usually i cant get him near the computer Ha ha ha. I have stumbled across another forum so will look at that later. We are a lot happier now looking at some of the clinics available, Still don't want to get to excited until he has been assessed properly as every case is different. Thanks again for caring and we will see you soon.

:D

Found the IAHRS web site, goin to have a real good look. :blink:

I am new here and read all the forums and i especially like this one http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums for the variety of information. I was unlucky and went to the Hospital group and Norton and now intend to get myself repaired with Dr Feller in March. I have met a couple of Dr Fellers patients and i was very impressed. I have spent over a year looking into this and i only wish i had found the forum sooner, like most i am sure :unsure: Plucking up the courage to post has been an issue for me so i just wanted to say hi :)

The forums are full of patients with poor results from this clinic,i`m another who had the misfortune to go there twice :(

Fortunately with the help of the forums and the members i was able to have my situation rectified and chose the Shapiro medical group in Minesota US to repair myself.

A truly world class clinic they are and my experience with them was excellent.

Good luck in your research and dont rush it.

bm.

Welcome Fox, glad you finally made it ontot he forums - hope you keep us all informed mate B)

SMG are a truly great clinic along with others i highly regard such as HW and Rahal who i suggest Luckyescape consult with all of them to get a good all round feel for. I personally would trust my head with all of them with no hesitation off the back of several years research and meeting patients and also speaking with numerous privately.