Sign in to follow this  
beachboy

Beachboy's 16 Month Update

As a consequence of moving house and a change to my role at work around August/September last year, I neglected to post my progress at 12 months post-op from a 2600 fu session with Dr Feller in September 2007 (poor excuse, I know). I’m now 16 months out and thought I would post to show just how far I’ve come during that time. I no longer consider myself ‘bald’ and this has had a big impact on my outlook on life. Dr F’s work is stellar and to any of you hesitating about taking that step towards doing something about your hair loss, my advice is to go for it. Life’s too short to let it stop you enjoying it and given the amazing results from top docs like Dr Feller, what have you got to risk?

Cheers

Beachboy

post-3544-1231708755_thumb.jpg post-3544-1231708826_thumb.jpg

post-3544-1231708785_thumb.jpg post-3544-1231708861_thumb.jpg

post-3544-1231708889_thumb.jpg post-3544-1231709022_thumb.jpg

post-3544-1231708908_thumb.jpg

Hey BB - Great to see you back to update - B) Looking great mate!!!

Next time i am in Brum we will have a beer!! B)

Hey BB - Great to see you back to update - B) Looking great mate!!!

Next time i am in Brum we will have a beer!! B)

Spex,

Just let me know mate, always a pleasure to see you and I owe you more than a few beers for all your help and support.

Cheers

Beachboy

Looks really good beachboy, well done. Plans for any more? Has hair greed got you..?

Thanks hairroot, appreciated. And interesting you should ask about hair greed as this has been on my mind lately.

Although I now have more options in styling my hair, I still find myself brushing it forward with a fringe as I always did. Old habits die hard. I need to be a bit more adventurous, however I must confess that my high forehead (family characteristic) still bothers me and this is exacerbated by the temple point recession that I suffered as part of losing my hair. Although Dr Feller addressed those areas, I consider that they may benefit from further work to better define and bring them more forward, reducing the expanse of forehead somewhat. I am also considering a refinement to broaden the hairline to lessen the roundness and temple depth at the corners.

What isn't so clear from the pictures is that there is a mismatch in density between the native and transplanted hair that results in a slight 'dip' either side of my forelock/central vertex, so I am also considering the possibility of going over the previously planted areas to increase density to somewhere near that of the native hair. Hair greed or what!

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

Cheers

Beachboy

BB, meeting up for a beer would be great - In light of your hair greed, although you look fantastic i concur and knowing you and your understanding of HT see no reason why YOU can't re establish an even lower hairline based on YOUR own personal circumstances - Your age, existing hair and donor supply all stack up heavily in your favour and now you know what to expect you can approach a potential second session a little differently. - You have done the ground work to take this HT to the next level if this is now your goal.

Competing with YOUR existing density was always going to be a challenge to match in one pass as you know and fortunately your expectations were set very realistically from the onset. Running another pass through there now though will only aid the situation as it does for nearly everyone. Hair greed is a killer and this is yet again another classic case. The beauty of your case is you approached it pretty conservatively based on your personal situ characteristics, age, donor supply and now its clear to see that you can now open the reins up a little knowing what to expect now B)

Patients goal posts often move once their first HT has come through and goals tend to change as mentioned many times previously, whether or not expectations are met - I believe from speaking to you that your goal was met from your 1st session and now you want to get greedy. We always want more and it doesn't matter how many times i inform guys going into HT's that their own personal want for more hair WILL creep in regardless of their initial goal. The goal posts move - little bit like getting married ;-)

As mentioned - Everything is stacked in your favour to finish off as aggressively as you like within reason if this is your goal - to lower and widen your hairline and also even thicken up the exist HT area in order to match your existing native density (which is freakish i might add!) The HT given another hit can potentially match with a second pass through

I am certain the doc would feel this is doable and if you like happy to line up a chat for you with him if this is the way you want to go.

Regards

Spex

I think it looks great the way you styled it. looks great

Beachboy - i think it looks spot on buddy - dont think theres anything wrong with the style you have now...- tried PM ing you but it doesnt seem to be working - maybe you could drop me a PM so i can reply to you - got a few questions id like to ask you......thanks buddy

Hey BENOIT2008

Cheers for the positive comments. Happy to answer any questions you have if I can. Tried to PM you but the feature doesn't seem to be working for me either. I'll keep trying, but you can also reach me through bigmac's forum at www.hairlossesperiences.com?

Beachboy

Spex mate, you're spot on. This is hair greed of the worst kind, pure and simple! And I have to say that my expectations from my first session were not just met, but exceeded beyond what I truly believed was possible from HT surgery. Dr Feller is a master of his craft and I'm still in awe of my result as it just looks so natural.

I read your comments with great interest as they show a thorough understanding of my own personal case and an insight into the field of hair transplant surgery that I have yet to see matched. Considering the number of UK and other patients you must have seen and helped since I first met up with you over two years ago, that's very impressive.

I'm still in two minds about my next move and would very much welcome the chance to talk this through with you over a beer sometime in the near future.

Cheers

Beachboy

Petchsky, BadHairUK

Cheers guy's

BHUK, saw you last update - looking excellent and great to know that its made such a difference in you life.

Beachboy

I'm still in two minds about my next move and would very much welcome the chance to talk this through with you over a beer sometime in the near future.

Anytime mate - give me a bell and we can line something up very easily as we live very close.

Check your phone ;)