Sign in to follow this  
spex

Nizoral Shampoo

Guys be aware that using Nizoiral shampoo can cause a negative effect on your hair and scalp. It can dry your scalp right out with too many applications and also cause server shedding.

I have spoken with a few guys recently and over the years who have introduced nizoral as part of their reg and it has not done them any favours, if anything its hindered them.

It's all too easy to use nizoral shampoo and feel you are benefiting your situ . It makes your hair feel great and also look fuller. The risk you run is over applying it due to this and in turn causing a drastic shed in some cases.

I know a few guys who at around several months post op their HT feel they are really starting to get somewhere in terms of growth a real change in appearance - and start nizoral - and initially love it. It gives your hair and scalp a great feel and volume initially but can lead you into a little trap IMO.

Guys will then over apply as its easily done (2 even several times a week) and this then causes a SHED and can completely take the air out of the tires so to speak as HT patients are really starting to make progress and then due to over use of Nizoral (Nizoral greed) and an inevitable shed causes you to loose VITAL ground which took such a long time to gain.

The sheds pass and the hair will all come back in over time so nothing long term to worry about but this is often the reason why guys who feel they were gaining momentum with their HT suddenly hit a wall of disappointment. It will be interesting to gain feedback on this and how many can relate.

My personal opinion is to hold off nizoral whilst waiting for your HT to come in or only use it little and not often - once a every 2 weeks say.

People may have a different opinion to me on this but i have spoken to many guys and a VERY common pattern has raised its head to me due to numerous and varied feedback on use of nizoral.

Regards

Spex

I love Nizoral shampoo as well...Probably used it twice a week for the last 5 years with no problems though i will not using it for the first 2/3 weeks after the transplant. Otherwise i think i'll be okay?

I love Nizoral shampoo as well...Probably used it twice a week for the last 5 years with no problems though i will not using it for the first 2/3 weeks after the transplant. Otherwise i think i'll be okay?

Yeah hold off using it as long as you can mate post op.

Hi

I have been using Nizoral for years as I have to keep my psoriasis under control - not noticed any shedding. I will monitor the situation.

Hi Spex, what you up to? How are the twins? My daughter is nearly 6 months now- It's a woner I have got any hair left!!!

BTW Is Hairroot after another session - I thought he was sorted?

Cheers

The word on the street is that the 1% doesn't cause as much shedding. Anyone with 1% experience care to mention?

Hi Spex, what you up to? How are the twins? My daughter is nearly 6 months now- It's a woner I have got any hair left!!!

BTW Is Hairroot after another session - I thought he was sorted?

Hi mate - hope you are well. Twins are F@cking hard work but finally sleeping better(touch wood) - Hope your little one is a sleeper - killer when lack of sleep creeps in :blink: :blink: Hairroot is out of his mind and doesn't need anymore hair, he is just hooked on hair ;)

with Nizoral, is it the Ketconozole that causes the shedding, or the fact that it's a harsh anti-dandruff shampoo with sulphates and other things in? If the latter, then it seems to me that Revita is a good bet.

what about

a - Using Nizorelle 1%

b - using another shampoo with ketoconozale in it (ie revita)

could they cause shedding too?

I had terrible shedding from 1% Nizorelle :angry: I started using it 6 months post-op (second HT) - 3 months later my hair had thinned out noticeably. I binned it and haven't used anything since. My hair grew back after a few months. I haven't noticed any more hair loss now and I don't use finasteride or minox either.

with Nizoral, is it the Ketconozole that causes the shedding, or the fact that it's a harsh anti-dandruff shampoo with sulphates and other things in? If the latter, then it seems to me that Revita is a good bet.

Alright Squire,

I've been using Revita the past two weeks with no problems

Still no problems with Revita

I don't think I've noticed any shedding with Revita - it might be my imagination, but I think it makes my hair grow fast. I went to get a haircut at the end of January, and I need to go again :lol:

I need sommit for my hair shampoo wise , my hair is fine and just feels very limp ..diffuse and all :(

i was thinkin of getting nizorol and seeing if it would give my hair a much needed boost. my hair seems at its best after a wash and towel dry but within a few hours just goes sorta flat n maybe greasy again.. tbh ive never really bought decent shampoo in past, just used the shower foam burst ... i got some brown T gel a few weeks ago and has helped a little. . any ideas on how to give my hair a much needed tonic and fuller look longer !? (apart from the inevatble HT that is)

ive read a white vinegar rinse can be good !? , ill get a portion of chips to go with it ;)

I need sommit for my hair shampoo wise , my hair is fine and just feels very limp ..diffuse and all :(

i was thinkin of getting nizorol and seeing if it would give my hair a much needed boost. my hair seems at its best after a wash and towel dry but within a few hours just goes sorta flat n maybe greasy again.. tbh ive never really bought decent shampoo in past, just used the shower foam burst ... i got some brown T gel a few weeks ago and has helped a little. . any ideas on how to give my hair a much needed tonic and fuller look longer !? (apart from the inevatble HT that is)

ive read a white vinegar rinse can be good !? , ill get a portion of chips to go with it ;)

generally best not to go for the cheapest shampoos, and go for ones that say they're gentle - Johnson's baby shampoo is OK.

If you want to thicken your hair, Loreal thickening for men shampoo works for me.

St Dom, Never seen your pics i don't hink - do you have any to show? I just tried a new shampoo as experienced hardcore shed to help thicken up and it works a treat - My wife bought it from here hairdressers - when i get home later will get the name B)

This one is great for thinning /shedding hair i found -

http://www.sallybeauty.com/thin-hair-Treat...default,pd.html

Cheers Spex, I was just looking for some new shampoo/conditioner... I think I'll give this s try..

I found it on Amazon.co.uk is anyone else from the UK will find it easier to order on there.. heres the link..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fantasia-Shampoo-T...u-wl_item-added

Thx for the link BHUK and spex for finding out about it, just orded some .. post and packaging a bit steep like :huh:

will give it a whirl see how it goes ;)

hopefully this will be me in 3months

IPB Image

thanks lads - i was just looking for a product like this at the moment - am experiencing a woeful shed.

For some reason that l'oreal thickening shampoo dosent seem to be on sale anywhere. Looked in the normal haunts, several boots , tesco / waitrose etc but no joy...

This is a bit steep but will give it a whirl. At least its a very discreet bottle as not to attract any attention in your bathroom .. :rolleyes:

This is a bit steep but will give it a whirl. At least its a very discreet bottle as not to attract any attention in your bathroom .. :rolleyes:

Yeh it is a little bit pricey.... but you get a free T-shirt with it! B)

IPB Image

Hey guys! I used to use nanothik from nanogen which seemed to work but dried my hair our a little and at 9.95 was a little steep IMO. I now use use boots essentials pro vitamin volume shampoo and conditioner ( 2 seperates bottles) it works a treat for me and at under a pound a bottle is great value. got to be worth a try as its cheap at twice the price ;)

Quality! I prob would not mind wearing that t-shirt if that stuff put my barnet in some sort of acceptable state!

Keep the ideas coming on the shampoos pls - the cheaper the alternatives the better!

Quality! I prob would not mind wearing that t-shirt if that stuff put my barnet in some sort of acceptable state!

Keep the ideas coming on the shampoos pls - the cheaper the alternatives the better!

I know what you mean about cheaper alternatives.. :unsure: I ordered the one on amazon.. its does work out to be about £20 with del.. as it comes from the US.

But I only use a small bit of shampoo once a week and use conditioner more a few times a week. My last Shampoo was only 250ml and I think its lasted me about a year! This new one is 473ml so its going to last me about 2 years! lol.. so £10 per year doesnt sound too bad after all! ;) (or maybe I should just wash my hair more often!)

ive ordered a bottle of the 20 quid shampoo ! if it dosent work i think i will drink it at that cost..!

Am gonna keep looking for the l'oreal thickening too for men - seen good reviews for that all over the net.

Ive actually just received today tub of nanogen fibres in the post - first time trying it ever. Have just applied a little at the front fore lock area and quite happy with the result. This stuff may help me wing it till i get my HT done

was previosuly considering going back to the skin head look due to a really bad recent shed in the frontal area but may hold fire on that now !

i used nanothick and found it worked well, i dont think they sell it anymore :(

They are selling it again due to the huge demand after they took it off the market.

They are selling it again due to the huge demand after they took it off the market.

Interesting