Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Proscar Benefits Or Not?

Folks,

I had posted something similar before and I have been looking through the net conitnuosly at articles on Proscar( finasteride). I dont know about you guys but I have been on the meds for 2 yrs and my hairline is way back now, i used to have a little receding at the temples but now its far far worse. I have lost so much hair sonce being on them and I really wonder if they do anything at all if not actually make your hair worse ie all you do is hsed and the hair doesnt come back??

If I had to stop will this cause more loss I feel i have put myself in a situtation where I am stuck???

I don't see a way that Proscar could be making you worse. DHT plus inherited sensitivity are the prime causes of male pattern hair loss, and finasteride reduces DHT levels, ergo theory (supported by the results of clinical trials) suggests that your hair loss should at the very least slow down within 12 months of starting Proscar.

Of course, there are some unlucky souls (about 10%) who continue to lose hair while taking finasteride. Unfortunately, you could be in that group.

Three questions:

1. Have you been using genuine Proscar?

2. Have you been sticking to your regimen (i.e. not skipping tablets for extended periods)?

3. What has Dr Ashcroft told you?

I don't see a way that Proscar could be making you worse. DHT plus inherited sensitivity are the prime causes of male pattern hair loss, and finasteride reduces DHT levels, ergo theory (supported by the results of clinical trials) suggests that your hair loss should at the very least slow down within 12 months of starting Proscar.

Of course, there are some unlucky souls (about 10%) who continue to lose hair while taking finasteride. Unfortunately, you could be in that group.

Three questions:

1. Have you been using genuine Proscar?

2. Have you been sticking to your regimen (i.e. not skipping tablets for extended periods)?

3. What has Dr Ashcroft told you?

The proscar I have been using is form Dr Ashcroft, I take a quarter tab 4 days then one day without.

I have just recently started going to the gym and doing weights, I have just started to tkae Whey protein shakes to help me put on some weight and muscle im now panicking that this could be the cause. I read something about Glutamine causing hairloss yet on ohter websites the protein shakes are full of good nutrients and can only be a benfefit.

Also weight lifting increases testosterone.

I feel as if i am watching everything i do ie no fatty foods now, less alcohol, less maturbation (sex)......I just feel any of these things could be making my hair worse its like im losing my mind.

what do you think about doing exercise and taking protein shakes?????

ps I would never go near steriods or anything with creatine in them

I feel as if i am watching everything i do ie no fatty foods now, less alcohol, less maturbation (sex)......I just feel any of these things could be making my hair worse its like im losing my mind.

none of these things affect MPB and I doubt protein shakes do either.

check out the world's most obese man, with a nice head of hair...

IPB Image

Exercise doesn't cause male pattern baldness, nor does taking protein supplements. Have you ever seen Jay Cutler?

Seriously, if you're watching your diet and refraining from sex simply because you're worried about their impact on your hair, then you're not only misguided, but you're allowing things to really get out of hand.

Exercise doesn't cause male pattern baldness, nor does taking protein supplements. Have you ever seen Jay Cutler?

Seriously, if you're watching your diet and refraining from sex simply because you're worried about their impact on your hair, then you're not only misguided, but you're allowing things to really get out of hand.

Iv always trained and watched my diet mate just when something like that crops up you start thinking holy fcuk that might contribute to it! To make it worse today i was reading a mens fitness mag and it was pointing out all the shit thats in some nurishment drink one of the additives could cause hairloss itchy skin etc :blink:

Forget these special shakes. Buy yourself a juicer and make it frsh, carrot juice, apple, mix it up a bit with different fruits and vegs. Most juicers come with a menu of different juices you can make.

If i makes you happy mix some of the protein powder in with it.

Nothing more healthy then when you make the drink yourself.