Sign in to follow this  
BadHairUK

My 1 Year Update After 2nd Feller Session... (2 Year Update)

Hey folks.. havent updated in a while... I've grown my hair a bit longer now... here's my hair after a very quick wash and just messed it up with a towl, quick style and gelled it.. took no longer than 5 or 10 mins which I am very happy about. Considering I looked half bald and had plugs from a bad UK HT... I am very pleased and I have started to take it for granted and forget that I was in such a mess and stressed out so bad just a few years ago... so thanks for Dr FELLER ;)

Looks a lot different now than it did before my repair...

Here's where I started... :(

IPB Image

Here's me today.. :) The mohawk is back! :D

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I've been taking the meds (Fin) for about 8 months now...and havent had any more scary sheds.

I am mainly updating to give the guys that are where I was some hope... and showing you can get your hair back again! I would have given my right arm to have some coverage again....(well maybe not...maybe my big toe!) but being able to do dodgy hair styles (lol)... is just amazing! I never thought it would have been possible! So hope this helps to make a few of you feel better in the knowlege its not over till you get your ass over to the USA AND GET IT FIXED! ;) If I can get this kind of result....anyone can... I was in a bad way...and had lots of old UK Nobel Clinic scar tissue and ugly plugs. 13 years ago I was wearing a wig system!! (even tho it was only for a few weeks till I threw it in the bin!)

Take care everyone and thanks for all your support along the way.

that looks awesome, I bet you are chuffed. :)

Do you need to keep taking the meds indefinetely?

Joe, Thanks mate. I dont have to, but I will do.. as it can only help.... and is no effort to take a tiny pill in the morning. I didnt want to take meds at the start as I had heard of sheds and scared me a bit, but the sheds will pass (if you even have any) and I think after that the new hair that replaces the shed hair is stronger and healthier. I also think after investing your money in a HT... it makes sence to look after the native hair as much as you can :)

yeah I have thought about it - hopefully can hang onto my hair for at least a few more years with the meds (and I have no money now anyway :lol: - HTs are pretty expensive right? )

do donor hairs become vulnerbale to DHT like the old ones? I think it makes sense to stay on Fin, as it seems to be the best thing on the market at the moment - don't know where I'd be without it.

Flippin awesome mate! I have to say this is one of the, if not the, best repair procedure I've seen. You seemed to have improved greatly since the 8 month mark.....would you agree?

Flippin awesome mate! I have to say this is one of the, if not the, best repair procedure I've seen. You seemed to have improved greatly since the 8 month mark.....would you agree?

hey sagg, yes mate....I just grew it a bit and it seems easier to style and when its wet it looks better and just out of bed etc.. its lucky that the 'messed up' look is actually fashionable as its the easier style and I like it.

Also, maybe the meds are now helping out as its been 8 months since i started them and maybe giving healthier stronger hair.

Another question mate.....

You say you use gel instead of wax. Is there any particular reason for this? I though HT patients usually stay away from gels as they make the hair look thinner.

Thanks,

Sagg.

Another question mate.....

You say you use gel instead of wax. Is there any particular reason for this? I though HT patients usually stay away from gels as they make the hair look thinner.

Thanks,

Sagg.

No reason mate... I think they all do the same job... never tried wax...hadnt really thought about it before. I think u just go for what u like best B)

B) looks great mate, really pleased for you, you've had it tough BH,

Great to see a happy ending, Merry Christmas and a happy New year :D

Hey Zip..thanks mate.. hows u? great to hear from u... Merry Xmas and New Year to u too ;) all the best.

Looks great mate,bet you are making the most of the festive season now.