Sign in to follow this  
boristheburglar1983

Mixing Genuine Propecia & Proscar

I currently use Proscar that I get from Dr. John Ashcroft and it is working fine, however some people have said that the genuine Propecia works best out of the two.

What I wanted to know is would it be ok to use both? I was thinking Sunday, Monday, Tuesday use Proscar, Wednesday use Propecia, Thursday & Friday use Proscar then Saturday use Propecia (just a hypethetical schedule, but you get the point).

With Propecia costing £40 for a 28 day supply, it ain't cheap, but if I was to use Propecia twice a week it would last 14 weeks and then just use Proscar inbetween.

Just wanted to know if it was safe and also if anyone else does it?

Thanks.

Propecia and Proscar are trade names for different doses of the same drug (finasteride). If you cut Proscar into quarters or fifths it is exactly the same as taking a Propecia tablet every day, only cheaper! So why on Earth would you want to buy Propecia if you are already getting Proscar? :huh:

Propecia and Proscar are trade names for different doses of the same drug (finasteride). If you cut Proscar into quarters or fifths it is exactly the same as taking a Propecia tablet every day, only cheaper! So why on Earth would you want to buy Propecia if you are already getting Proscar? :huh:

I know what you are saying, its just that some people say that they have found Propecia to work better than Proscar/Generic Finasteride. I am lookin to have a HT fairly soon, just to lower the hairline slightly and fill in the temples and so just wanna make sure that everything is ok for the future afterwards with regards to meds.

I may get a pack of Propecia and take it once/twice a week and then just continue to use Proscar on the 5/6 other days, if it is the same drug then there shouldn't be any side effects.

I know what you are saying, its just that some people say that they have found Propecia to work better than Proscar/Generic Finasteride.

With respect, whoever says that really doesn't know what they're talking about!

If you're getting Proscar from a reliable source, i.e. NOT an internet pharmacy, then it once you cut the tablet into fifths you have five pieces of 1mg finasteride, and guess what? Propecia is simply a 1mg finasteride tablet. There's no way on God's Earth that 1mg of finasteride can be *better* than 1mg of finasteride, you see what I'm saying? ;)

I may get a pack of Propecia and take it once/twice a week and then just continue to use Proscar on the 5/6 other days, if it is the same drug then there shouldn't be any side effects.

The only side effect will be that you'll be a few quid poorer every month than you need to be.