Sign in to follow this  
hammer69

Julianjay.com

Anyone heard of this site or used its products? They claim their shampoos and lotions boost blood flow to the scalp and combat hairloss was thinking of trying it but thought id ask you chaps for opinions first is this what nizoral does??

Anyone heard of this site or used its products? They claim their shampoos and lotions boost blood flow to the scalp and combat hairloss was thinking of trying it but thought id ask you chaps for opinions first is this what nizoral does??

Don't ever, ever, ever buy expensive, unproven "remedies" like these, unless you wanted to be quickly parted from your money.

This site is just shocking. It's frightening the amount of uneducated hairloss sufferers that are going to get ripped off my these charlatans. They regularly have full page ads in the News of the World as well so God knows how many people are being conned.

Have a look at their Q & A section: If it wasn't so misleading it would be laughable. Here's an example of one of their questions.

Q HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO START GROWING HAIR ON MY BALD HEAD?

A We would always advise you to be patient. It could take several months and in extreme cases a year or even longer.

These conmen should be closed down or perhaps we should just tip off the Trading Standards chaps? :angry:

Here's another gem:

Q I AM ALREADY BALD, IS IT TOO LATE?

A No, it's never too late for Profol to help you

:rolleyes:

would tipping off trading standards actually do anything? Are they breaking any laws? I'd seriously consider dropping TS an email if I thought it would help stop these scams

This company may be on dodgy ground, not just with trading standards but with the drugs regulator, the MHRA. Just look at the rather illiterate info on their home page:

Julian Jay Hair and Scalp Treatments have been available to the public for over 30 years. This long established Hair and Scalp Clinic is committed to providing its male and female clients with only the finest & most effective treatments available to help combat thinning hair and hair loss. Hair loss prevention.

So are they selling cosmetics or what the MHRA would classify as an unlicensed medicine?

Claims to treat or prevent disease

23. A product for which claims are made to treat or prevent disease comes within the first limb of the definition of a medicinal product. Claims to relieve symptoms, or to cure, remedy or heal a specific disease or adverse condition of body or mind will also be regarded as medicinal claims. In context, stress, anxiety and nervous tension can be adverse conditions of the mind, and claims to cope with or manage those conditions will be regarded as claims to treat or prevent disease. Again in context, and particularly in the case of products on the borderline between food and medicinal products, claims to protect or avoid may be perceived by consumers as having much the same meaning as prevent. For example, a product may be presented to protect a consumer against a specific disease or adverse condition in such a way that consumers would believe that the product could prevent it.[b/]

Also have a look at appendix 1 here -

http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/comms-i...n/con007544.pdf