Just wondering if it's possible to go back for a second strip operation? I had one 2 years ago because I was going at the temples but now I want the crown doing.

Is it possible to harvest from the same area?

My Op 2 years ago was with Dr. Rogers and I was very happy with it. Are there any other recommended UK Doctors because I notice that his prices have risen sharply.

cheers

Just wondering if it's possible to go back for a second strip operation? I had one 2 years ago because I was going at the temples but now I want the crown doing.

Is it possible to harvest from the same area?

My Op 2 years ago was with Dr. Rogers and I was very happy with it. Are there any other recommended UK Doctors because I notice that his prices have risen sharply.

cheers

Hi rutters :) yes... I have had 3 strips taken.. it all depends on how good your laxity is and how much donor you have in that area. But generally yes.. many strips can be taken from the same area.

Do you have any pics of your current situ? I wouldnt make a decision on price tho... its the last thing to worry about... whats more important is the results. There are no UK clinics I would recommend...without sounding like I dont want to help you. I would prefer to travel and get the best possible natural result and biggest bang for my buck! ;)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for replying..could you tell me where YOU go to? Are there any good clinics in Europe?

How do the costs compare for say 2000 grafts when you add in travel and accomodation?

Sorry to bang on about money but I do need to operate on a budget.

cheers

Rutter - congrats on your sesison. Money is always an issue but try not let it when considering a HT - HT is for life and one of the most important investments you will make so do NOT let money OR geography be an issue IMHO.

Saying that - it is common knowledge if you read the forums that its actually cheaper to get your HT done in the US and Canada where the TOP clinics reside - even taking into consideration travel and accommodation. Run a search on costs to compare.

BadhairUK got repaired from an old school UK butchering by Dr Feller as do many here in the UK - There are a few clinics who offer this standard of HT in in the world and they all reside in the US and Canada - there are NON here in the UK IMHO. It all depends on the level and standard of HT you wish to receive.

See BHUK story and he will certainly help as he is a true HT vereran. - Good luck!

BHUK''s Journey

BHUK Still has approx 8months+ growth ahead of him :)

From this

IPB Image

To this - SO FAR

IPB Image

sounds a very positive story..I'm happy that the resuls are so good.

I'm still worried about costs tho' could anyone give me a ballpark figure for transport, accom and 2000 grafts in the states? I can't believe it would work out cheaper.

cheers

Here's a guide for you mate -

2000 session with Dr Feller for example - £4000 + (£500 on average for travel and Hotel) = £4500

2000 session with Rogers for example - £ 5000

This is not taking into account the difference in HT's.

Hope this helps.

sounds a very positive story..I'm happy that the resuls are so good.

I'm still worried about costs tho' could anyone give me a ballpark figure for transport, accom and 2000 grafts in the states? I can't believe it would work out cheaper.

cheers

Rutters... ask away.... the more research and questions you ask the better ;) there are guys on here that have had repairs like me...and others that have great success from travelling to the various top clinics.

I realised after posting my reply... Although I said price shouldnt be the 1st concern... (as Spex mentioned) It IS actually cheaper to go to the best clinics in US/Canada than it is to have a 3rd Class HT in the UK! My flight (return with Virgin was £260 and Andrew Hotel for 3 nights £300) the HT was less than the UK...AND results so far speak for themselves.

All the best, I was in your shoes as well...I also didnt want to travel outside of UK/Europe....I had never been out the country for the past 20 years and I was thinking...I cant go all the way to the US! But...after reading the results and reports and blogs of the guys that had done so.... it wasnt even a question any longer... it was a matter of 'when' rather than 'If' I should. It was the best decision of my life. The trip was far easier than i'd ever imagined.. and I now wish I could go back and see more of NYC!

I never thought it would be possible to feel as good about my hair again... so this is still quite unreal to get so far from where I was before.

Hope this helps... and make a wise decision... save money... enjoy the sites! and come home and grow a natural fuller head of hair ;)

Here's a guide for you mate -

2000 session with Dr Feller for example - £4000 + (£500 on average for travel and Hotel) = £4500

2000 session with Rogers for example - £ 5000

This is not taking into account the difference in HT's.

Hope this helps.

its pretty much a no brainer when its in front of you like that,£500 less and you go to New York for a couple of days and have a HT by a top surgeon,pay £500 pound more and you go to Stratford Upon Avon for a day.mmmmm :P

Rutters can i ask are you on any meds ie pro/fin?

I'm on fincar..5mg, split 5 ways and I also use minoxidil

How quickly can U get in/out of NYC?

How far from the clinic?

Do they pick you up?

cheers

I'm on fincar..5mg, split 5 ways and I also use minoxidil

How quickly can U get in/out of NYC?

How far from the clinic?

Do they pick you up?

cheers

It depends where you want to stay... most of us here stay at The Andrew. I have a link of my trip CLICK HERE

Its a 30 min trip by Yellow cab to The Andrew... (just a tip....I forgot to take a copy of the map on here for directions to The Andrew from the JFK airport... this is a good idea as some of the Yellow cab drivers dont know Great Neck too well.. but if you have a map already to hand them.. they will go straight there without losing there way..lol ) and its located in Great Neck itself...just around the corner to Dr Fellers clinic, so its very convenient.

To get to Fellers from the Hotel... you can walk it in 30 mins... or get a taxi from the hotel...it will only take 5 mins by Taxi.

:)