Quiff

Booking Accomodation For Ht

Alright guys

Just wondering whether you knew any good hotels/motels near Dr Feller. I will be in Ny from 15-22 June, but the Andrew haven't got any spaces on the 21st.

I got 2 options:

1) Have HT done on 19th, and stay the day after, before looking elsewhere.

2) Book someplace else, as I won't have to worry about being temporarily homeless. I had Royal Inn Motel in mind. As I don't mind travelling to the local amenities, and I heard it was quite easy to get a booking there. However I read one review on the net where some guy said a prostitute helped his mum with the luggage and he overheard a secret drug deal taking place.

Any other members have any feedback on the Royal Inn Motel or any other place nearby.

Cheers

Hi Quiff..

I nearly had the same problem you had. I wanted to extend my stay at the Andrew, called before I flew out and was told they had no rooms.... I called back a few days later to be told it was not a problem. I did call the Andrew a few times and to be honest I found that I got different answers depending on who I spoke to. Ot may be worth calling again or emailing the manager and asking for confirmation.. did you try and book on-line or direct on the phone.. this also seems to make a difference ?

The hotel I was going to use as an alterntaive was the following.. dont know anything about it but it looks ok on the web site.. good luck mate

http://www.innatgreatneck.com/

I stayed at the Royal Inn its not a nice and luxurious ect as the Andrew but its ok and it costs a bit less. Infact I prefer the motel style of accomadation to that of a Hotel if your having a HT done you can come and go as you please without having to have any contact with the staff ect. The staff (well its just a guy on reception) are not exactly service with a smile but its no crack den if thats what you're worried about. ;)

Cheers for the reply guys. I called the hotel first Tim, but have now e-mailed the manager. If I don't hear anything, I will call them instead. When I did call first time round, I gotta admit the person who I spoke to did sound a little clueless, and used bizarre terms (like lawyer speak).

I did see the Great Inn site but it is a little too pricey for my budget. Cheers for the reviews S.a.f. and beachboy. I can live with something basic, and I don't mind the travelling as well to get to the good parts of Great Neck to do a little exploring. Glad to hear it's not a crack den :D

Hi Quiff.

Yep.. I noticed that the Inn was a little pricey.. I was going to check if they had a medical rate as its one of the two hotels recommended by Dr Fellers clinic..

I never did call but wonder if anyone can confirm that they do the same deal as the Andrew..

I will admit that I thought the Andrew was a good hotel... if I return I will stay there again and would highly recommend it...

TimuK

Hey Quiff - let me know if you have any probs mate B)

Alright Spex, everything is ok. I managed to book five days in the Royal Inn Motel.

Hey Tim, I contacted the Assistant manager at the Inn at Great Neck. Their prices are what you see on the site. They don't do any medical rates for Dr Feller patients but may be able to get some discounts if you give them the dates you are intending to stay, probably for off season stay.

The Andrew hotel did have bookings for the dates I am staying in NY. If anybody wants to stay there, it is best contacting the managers instead of the reservations number. I think this may be useful info in the ht pack Spex ;)

I had a little trouble booking with the Andrew over the phone but i have to say the staff were first class when i got there regarding booking taxi's for me ect,wouldnt hesitate to stay there again. :)

I phoned up for a patient whom was having difficulty getting the Feller rate and i had no probs - I think its about who you speak to as the lady I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful and knew all about the feller rate - 3 night were going to cost this guy $550 - £275 :) (with the rate included)

There is a strange system when booking at the Andrew.. I would be a definate in my book to deal direct with the reservations manager as I was told it was fully booked.. then I rang back and was told there were rooms available ??

Saying this, I would recommed the Andrew to anyone.. one of the best hotels I have stayed at.. could not praise them enough.

Cheers

TimuK