Sign in to follow this  
beachboy

Birmingham Hair Geek Meeting

I was unable to make the Manchester Hair Geek Meeting back in April 08 due to work commitments, so have decided to arrange a similar event in Birmingham. Having confirmed Spex’s availability to attend (no meeting is complete without Spex on hand to share his extensive knowledge and experience of the HT industry), I am pleased to announce that the Birmingham Hair Geek Meeting has been scheduled for Sunday, 1st June 2008 at 12pm.

This is a great opportunity for anyone seriously considering an HT to see first hand the stunning, natural results being achieved by some of the world’s finest Hair Transplant Surgeons. Seeing actual patient results from a range of HT doctors is an essential part of anyone’s research and I am confident of a good turnout of veteran HT patients representing HT clinics, both here in the UK and abroad.

Events such as these provide a chance for those who have undergone surgery to compare notes with others and share our own experience with prospective patients, so I would encourage all of you who have undergone surgery (no matter what stage you are at or who your surgeon is) to come along and give something back to the hair loss community for the benefit of all.

Birmingham is of course not too far from Dr Roger’s clinic in Stratford upon Avon and I will be contacting him directly with an invitation to attend to share his knowledge, both as a practitioner of hair transplantation and a former transplant patient himself.

I will also be inviting HTIUK to come along. He is a former patient and consultant/advocate of Dr. Humayun Mohmand, based in Solihull so we can see first hand the work of the HTI clinic in Islamabad.

The venue is yet to be confirmed, but will be a city centre hotel, chosen to provide a safe and neutral environment, where everyone’s anonymity can be respected. It will be in a central location that is easy to find, with easy access by road to secure parking or by public transport.

I would encourage you all to attend. Don’t be put off about publicly admitting you have a hair loss problem and it bothers you. Many of us are or have been there. My experience is that fellow sufferer’s know exactly how you feel and are non-judgemental. I personally found it a liberating experience to talk openly about my hair loss and the impact it has had on my life.

Please pm me or Spex if you have any questions or concerns and I look forward to meeting you on the day.

Cheers

Beachboy

Looking forward to it - And fair play for organising a Hair Geek meet in Birmingham BeachBoy . Its a great location(central UK ) and hopefully with it being held on a weekend it will give many UK patients and perspective ones a greater opportunity to make it - whether to showcase their own clinics results or just to meet and see a variety of different HT patients from ideally as many different clinics as possible.

No excuses hopefully this time as Birmingham is easily accessible in numerous ways and all the partners/wives/girlfriends/boyfriends/family of HT geeks will easily be entertained for an hour or 2 shopping in the awesome "Bullring" - its a win win guys!

I know a few guys are already looking forward to the meet and since the success of Manchester's meet last month i am sure this one could be the biggest yet!

See you then guys and please feel free to contact me also if you wish to come along!

Regards

Spex

WWW.HAIR-HELP.CO.UK

I won't be able to make this one, but judging by the Manchester meet, it should be a great success. It would be fantastic if Dr Rogers could attend, but judging the amount of stick he has recieved over the years on the forums (whether justified or not), I am not sure if he would make himself available.

I attended the Manc meet and found it extremley useful and informative; meeting vets and newbies and assessing results first hand, really is invaluable. I can fully endorse Beachboy's comments about anonymity; there is no need to worry. I was anxious about meeting for the for the first time and expected to find a bunch of wierdos, wearing dirty Macs, sporting combovers and Elton John Style fringes. What I found was a bunch of thorouhly nice blokes with the same anxieties as me, and in fact I was totally at ease within minutes.

Cheers

BW

Hey guys and gays !

I am back online after a short break , I'm deffo going to be there and if it was a succesful as the last one it will be worth going to .

I hope more patients from different doctors can make this one , as its always good to get as many propectives as you can .

For any newbies , most of these guys are cool and just in the same shitty position as yourselves , please try to make it as these meets are extreamly informative and just go to show how shit baldness can be beaten

PAH ! to male sucks like shit baldness .

hahahahaha

See you guys there .

richie

The turn out is looking very promising!!! :) Had many emails and texts so looks like its going to be a great meet!!

More the merrier :D

Judging by the level of interest being shown, this should turn out to be a great meet. Quite a number of veteran and recent/prospective HT patients have already committed to attend, including Spex, richie48, daza uk, Beachboy, BENOIT2008 and hopeful bigmac and Steveo as well.

This is a fantastic chance to see a wide range of results under one roof from a variety of patients, all with differing patterns and levels of hair loss prior to surgery and ask as many questions you like of those who have been through this experience.

The last event in Manchester proved to be a great success and you can read about it here:

I looking forward to meeting everyone on the day. Birmingham has a lot to offer for those contemplating making a weekend of it, including a superb range of nightlife, restaurant's (including the famous Balti Houses for the curry lovers amongst you), shopping and entertainment. You can get great weekend deal's at the city centre hotels, as they usually cater for week day business users and are often half empty at weekends.

I live in Birmingham, so if anyone wants any recommendations or help with where to stay, just PM me.

Beachboy

Hey guys i will be there as the last one was great and it will be good to meet some of you i`ve never met before.

Looking forward to it.

Hope there is a good variety of patients from different docs as i love seeing the work in person.

Hi guys..

not sure if I can make it... would love to and will try my hardest.. but explained to Spex via email...

may I make a suggestion about the venue..

Last time I was in Birmingham I went for a meeting at a place called "Spearmint Rhino"... I will say that its a great place, very friendly people..

If this is the place.. count me in.. sod work issues !!

I am joking.. the S-Rhino.... not a good place for the meet....

Beachboy - you o.k to make the meet 12pm instead of 1pm mate - I am limited to time at the other end. - Hope this suits.

Beachboy - you o.k to make the meet 12pm instead of 1pm mate - I am limited to time at the other end. - Hope this suits.

Spex

No problem with moving the start time back an hour.

Can all those who intend to come along please note that the Birmingham meet start time is 12pm not 1pm as stated in the banner.

Cheers

Beachboy

Hey guys,for some reason i can no longer read or send private messages on here,can Bill or anyone have a look at this for me?Would like to get details on the meet as im likely to go. :D

Hey guys,for some reason i can no longer read or send private messages on here,can Bill or anyone have a look at this for me?Would like to get details on the meet as im likely to go. :D

Spitfire

Be great if you can make it. Looks as if the meet will be well attended. The venue is the Holiday Inn in Bham City Centre. Follow this link for details of the location: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/h.../transportation

The start time is 12 pm (midday). Text or call Spex on his mobile No if you need any more info or post here and I'll keep an eye out for it.

Cheers mate

Beachboy

Guys, this is just a heads up to let you know that numbers have seriously fallen off over the last couple of days, with those who have previously confirmed their attendance having to back out due to family/work committments and illness.

I spoke with Spex yesterday who tells me that such things happen, so I have made the suggestion that if it is likely that only 3 or 4 former patients will show up, it may be better to postpone the meet and reschedule it in September 08.

I will be speaking with Spex later this afternoon and will then confirm if the meet is to go ahead tomorrow.

Cheers

Beachboy

Guys, this is just a heads up to let you know that numbers have seriously fallen off over the last couple of days, with those who have previously confirmed their attendance having to back out due to family/work committments and illness.

I spoke with Spex yesterday who tells me that such things happen, so I have made the suggestion that if it is likely that only 3 or 4 former patients will show up, it may be better to postpone the meet and reschedule it in September 08.

I will be speaking with Spex later this afternoon and will then confirm if the meet is to go ahead tomorrow.

Cheers

Beachboy

Hi Beach Boy - i have been called away to work this weekend also so i was 50/50 if i could make this or not but was going to try my best. if its a no-goer can you post on here just so we are aware. thanks

Guys, due to lack of numbers, I have regretfully decided to cancel the Birmingham meeting.

As of this afternoon only 4 of us could still make it (which just didn't justify asking Richie48 to make a 6hr return journey)!

I now intend to reschedule the meeting for September 08 and will get in touch with those who showed an interest in this meet, to gauge the most convenient day/time for the next one.

Cheers

Beachboy

Hey guys,

Soooooooooooooooo sorry - only just popped on here to find out how it all went and just seen it was cancelled. Am very sorry for not letting anyone know that I couldn't make it myself - my 9 year old nephew was playing at Upton Park in a football tournament, which I HAD to go and see (they lost one match 7-0, mind!).

Once again apologies for being so quiet. Hopefully next one (possibly the imminent london meet?). Will be great to meet everyone face to face. :)

Happy growing guys!!!

S