Sign in to follow this  
joe101

Nanogen And Revivogen?

Have people had good results with these?

Nanogen's Nanoguard is a DHT suppressor - does that mean it's pointless using it if you're already on finasteride?

Revivogen also supposedly inhibits DHT among other things, and it's all natural. Sounds unlikely, but has anybody tried it?

no doubt they're pricey though.

which nanoguard are you refering to? There is a Nanoguard A and a Nanoguard B. NanoguardA is a shampoo anti dht and B i think is also anti dht but also stimulates new hair growth (and is applied via a droplet bottle). I would advise to read the nanogen website (they make a lot more sense than me).

The only advice I can give you is that Nanoguard A has (significantly!) reduced the thinning of my hair and I will continue to use it.

Has anyone used the Nanogen B? - the science and results on their website looks very convincing but I have yet to read a full user review.

RA

There aren't really any DHT-inhibiting shampoos. Using one of these products might give you a placebo effect but no topical rinse-off products can change your hormonal signalling. Check out what Dr Rassman says in the link...

http://www.baldingblog.com/2007/09/04/does...mpoo-block-dht/

Now I know that there is some evidence that Nizoral can slow male pattern hair loss, but again we only have evidence from small, short-term studies. No one really knows how the anti-fungal active ingredient effects hair.

Your opinion is voiced by many, and i'm sure a lot of professionals would agree with you.

However I am a very scepticle person who does not appreciate the idea of buying into the marketing of these products when really they are based on little science.

I am very carefull in avoiding the placebo effect when using this Nanoguard A shampoo and this is why i can guarantee that it works. Maybe it won't work for everyone but I am losing only a FRACTION of the hairs that i used to find on my pillow and I am using no other products (apart from the nanofibres concealer for when i go out).

All i can do is suggest that if people haven't tried this shampoo then it's definitely worth giving it a go.

I think i'm going to further my investment in the nanogen brand and buy nanogen B also. Again if anyone has some advice regarding this alternative i would love to hear it

RA

It can be difficult to assess whether or not a treatment is working. Baldness can progress in phases, "with periods of accelerated loss lasting 3-6 months followed by quiescent periods lasting 6-18 months." You might take an ineffective treatment and think it's working just because you hit a slower period of natural loss.

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/317/7162/865

Even drug companies have had problems designing trials for hair loss treatments. Upjohn received a lot of criticism for their Rogaine studies, where there were large positive effects in the placebo *****. Merck went the whole hog and used 4 mm-punch scalp biopsies, set-angled camera with standard lighting, filters, etc etc.

It can be difficult to assess whether or not a treatment is working. Baldness can progress in phases, "with periods of accelerated loss lasting 3-6 months followed by quiescent periods lasting 6-18 months." You might take an ineffective treatment and think it's working just because you hit a slower period of natural loss.

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/317/7162/865

Even drug companies have had problems designing trials for hair loss treatments. Upjohn received a lot of criticism for their Rogaine studies, where there were large positive effects in the placebo *****. Merck went the whole hog and used 4 mm-punch scalp biopsies, set-angled camera with standard lighting, filters, etc etc.

this is obviously good advice for anyone trying new products.

i will always be aware of other hormonal patterns occuring during the use of a new product. However, due to the speed at which my hairloss was reduced (3 weeks) and the time it has remained reduced (7 months) i am fairly convinced.

which nanoguard are you refering to? There is a Nanoguard A and a Nanoguard B. NanoguardA is a shampoo anti dht and B i think is also anti dht but also stimulates new hair growth (and is applied via a droplet bottle). I would advise to read the nanogen website (they make a lot more sense than me).

The only advice I can give you is that Nanoguard A has (significantly!) reduced the thinning of my hair and I will continue to use it.

Has anyone used the Nanogen B? - the science and results on their website looks very convincing but I have yet to read a full user review.

RA

I was referring to either one - I'm happy to hear that it's had a positive effect on your hairloss. Can I ask if you also take propecia/finasteride?

however, I also think that Pondle makes some wise points. their website is very persuasive and convincing but it's not impartial. Can a shampoo really 'Reduce conversion of Testosterone to DHT' which the Nanogen website claims it can?

Also I'm not sure if there's any point in using another DHT-blocker for someone who is already taking Finasteride. Not certain about that.

I'm sticking with the tablets for now - I can't really afford to try any more expensive regimes.

Good luck though, hope the success continues