Sign in to follow this  
Emmk1

Dr Feller 1000grafts

Hi Guys

I had a session with Dr Feller 8 days ago for my hairline, I was hoping to cover my patches around my head but feller advised otherwise. So I got my hairline done, and have been panicking a bit since. The hairline looks neat and well done but am worried it may look daft when my bald patch and middle patch recedes completely. I don't really want to have another session as I have found the ordeal quite stressful (I suffer from panick attacks and ocd) I will normally buzz my hair down to a 1 anyway so hope it will blend in a bit, I just worry a bit further down the line. Also I'm not getting the best night's kip at the mo because of the thinking and worrying. I do tend to get a bit of pins and needles at the mo down my left side, some donor was taken from the side. Is that common? Also my recipient area is still numb and I've had no swelling down my forehead. Is this ok? Anyone else have a feeling of liquid movement under the scalp in the recipient area, started a few days ago and hasn't gone away yet. Pics not great quality sorry. I was thinking of getting my hair cut and buzzing it down completely, any advice? Do you have to be careful in the recipient area or can i go for less than a 1? Any help greatly received.

post-12769-1210263591_thumb.jpg

post-12769-1210263672_thumb.jpg

post-12769-1210263692_thumb.jpg

Looks good from what i can see. Its very normal to worry post op i can vouch for that. Dr feller is the best FUE guy out there and my results are proof the guy knows exactly what he was doing. I didn't want to have another session but once all healed up and recovered you will feel much better. Dr Feller mentioned to me that i will need another session to finish off and at the time i thought that i wouldn't but low behold the results were great and i did want more. I had fluid in the recipient area also, it goes, all very normal.

The pins and needles is all in your mind ;) The numbness can last several weeks and it did with me but will all return so try not panic just yet.

You have a good frame there but will more than likely have to build up behind once the hair greed kicks in. Feller always has a plan for his patients so try not worry too much at this very early stage and its all wasted energy in my experience.

Good luck and good choice in FUE surgeon :)

Welcome mate -- glad it all went well mate! I spoke to the doc and he said it all went well considering your large area to cover but with your personal goal i am sure it will all be great once the recovery and the duldrums has passed - The first fews weeks are tough whether FUE or strip so be patient and ride it out as your concerns are all normal as discuss previously. Heal well mate!! :)

Read post op blues as it will help ;)

Post op blues

Cheers Guys, thanks for the responses.

I'm tending to get pins and needles during sleeping, may just be the stress and odd sleeping positions! Is it still recommended to sleep at 45 degrees after 10 days, to help remove the fluid? Or can I sleep on my sides. <_<

The donor area is more or less healed, but feel it pinching still on the interior, should clear up in time.

My hair is becoming like a fuzzball now and am very tempted to shave it but I think I will hold out until absolutely necessary. :angry:

My hair is shedding already, is this good news? I think I read a post by Spex, the quicker you shed the quicker the growth!

Will post my 9 day pictures shortly, have a good weekend guys!

Normal for grafts to start shedding so don't panic ;)

Yes you can start to sleep how ever you want - :)

Emmk.

Hi mate..

Yep, it can all be a bit stressful even for the most laid back guys.. just take note of what Spex and Hairroot say.. its all good advice from guys that have been there, read the book, seen the film and now wear the t-shirt :)

You seems to have healed up nicely.. all your concerns about the numbness etc are what to expect.. everyone worries, its a normal thing to do.

Try and take it easy.. its a waiting game now

Cheers

TimuK

Good to see you chose your doctor well.

Any chance of some better pictures as you cant see much.

Hey HairyMuff and BigMac,

I shaved my head today 13 days post op, my head was just becoming so fuzzy - looked like i had been electrocuted!

I like the hairline and further down the line will go further back, gutted Dr Feller couldn't go a bit further back in my first session as it leaves a visible gap between the recipient and my main receding hair.

The redness is still apparent from a distance, close under lights the scalp is clear. But I think the illusion of the grafts holding blood underneath makes it look at lot darker from a distance. Seems as though I have a few ingrown hairs which makes things worse, but having posted already - it is to be expected. Any tips of getting minimizing them would be appreciated. My hair grows really really quickly, and after 8 days I have already began to shed.

Finding it tough at the mo - but I do suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. Just want the redness to go away because I keep my hair very very short. Have met the girlfriend a couple times so far and she has not noticed as of yet (i think). Sometimes feels she suspects something, but that may be my paranoia.

The donor area is still a bit tingly and sore but has healed up visually, will be nice for the sensation to go away completely but it is slowly getting better. Numbness exists in the recipient area, but again is going down. The most odd sensation is the liquid floating about as the numbness recedes - no big deal - just weird!

Haven't met mates properly yet, hopefully they will be oblivious to it and just be happy to see me after a while!!!!

Whats the saying 'time flies' - errr well not at the mo!! lol

All your comments and support are much appreciated as its a lot harder than I thought it would be, me just being unrealistic to begin with I suppose. Do not underestimate Spex' Post Op Blues thread, be aware if you plan to have a ht

post-12769-1210706073_thumb.jpg

post-12769-1210706088_thumb.jpg

post-12769-1210706100_thumb.jpg

All normal and looks good as mentioned via email several times - The doc is going to email you and address ALL you concerns which to be honest were all addressed at day of your surgery on all accounts and he feels very strongly that you need to try rest and take a step back as the plan was always to have another session as agreed and work together towards YOUR long term goal. Please speak to Dr Feller regarding your continued concerns as the guys here do not know about your condition and its impossible for them to answer accurately and by trying to help may mislead you - Dr Feller on the other hand can help - Like I explained many times over the phone and via email . Rest up and try not obsess to much over this initial healing period - You have a VERY LONG WAY TO GO. as explained several times by the Doc.

Hi Emmk1

All your post op worries are totally normal and you really have no need to worry.

You had quite a large fue session and Dr Feller knows what he is doing.Once your hairs start to grow you will see why Dr Feller has taken this approach with you.

Have a look at hairroots pictures and Gasmans.

So try not to let it get at you as now is the hardest time waiting as i`m in the same boat waiting.

Most people think after surgery i wish i got more hair but you have to remember these top doctors know what they are doing and have our best interests at heart.

Heal and grow well mate.

Hello,

In reply to your email. I remember you and your OCD very well and have had several patients and friends in my life with the same disorder, it doesn’t put me off so don’t worry about it. Spex, on the other hand, is not a doctor and is not used to dealing with patients with OCD. Add to this the fact that he is a new father of twins, and you might well imagine your obsessiveness may have rattled him a bit. He’s a big boy though and can handle it in the end.

I’ll answer your questions in order:

1.Just over 1,000 FUE

2.Yep. Just as we discussed before, during, and after your procedure several times

3.Below average donor area with good patches and weak patches of donor hair. Difficult FUE area, but do-able.

4.The disruption in the skin is more a function of the skin itself than the grafts. You are analyzing it way too closely if you are assessing the shading of the grafts. Let it go, and STOP touching the grafts. I know your doing this obsessively so STOP it, it can affect the grafts.

5.100% normal. All will go back to as it was.

6.The numbness is normal. There is no liquid floating about. You may be confusing some post op swelling with lose fluid, It isn’t, and if I haven’t told you already, STOP touching the recipient area!

7.The redness should be dissipating now. Especially since you have dark skin to begin with. Each person is different, so don’t stress too much on it. I doubt your girlfriend will notice.

I saw your photos and your write up on here, RELAX!!! You look fine and you are fine. Put your fears into perspective and summarize our plan as we made it on the day of your surgery.

I want to REMIND you that AS WE DISCUSSED you will be visiting me A FEW TIMES more in the future since you were NOT an easy FUE candidate. But don’t worry about your appearance you will look NORMAL when it grows out and not “daffy” as you put it!!!

Our goal was to give you a “buzz cut” look with a more defined hairline, and that’s exactly what you see in the postop pictures and that’s exactly what you should see when it grows out.

RELAX!

Dr. Feller

Cheers Doc

Much appreciated, I haven't really been touching the recipient area apart from washing - just over analyzing things. The redness has come down significantly over the past couple of days and is beginning to blend. Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions.

Speak Soon

May I just add... Your HT will be great!!! And all will be fine.. I appreciate its hard to believe just now, but as time goes on you will become happier and happier. Just be patient for now and wait for the good times to come....

Take a look at my page http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/Gasman/

I had 1032 FUE with Feller. Im VERY HAPPY with my results so far... Im hoping over the next 3-5 months I should see some thickening up...

Once again... relax, try to leave things alone on the head... Results will cheer you up soon enough...

Best of luck!