Sign in to follow this  
bigmac

Bigmacs Ht #4 With Shapiro Medical *****

The scar is awesome no doubt it will be invisible soon. I saw Bigmac recently and the concealer looks as good in the flesh - One guy was very confused and wondered even why Bigmac was even at the meet - LOL!!!

You're certainly are a rapid healer mate - how is the scar and recipient feeling ?

You are even better than Richie at taking pics!!! :) Great stuff!

You going to be applying minox on the recipient area as i know you were playing with it in the crown for a while?

It all looks great :) Your scar is perfect. Do you know how wide the strip was?

Wow, Nanogen really works :o You can't tell anything's been done in those pics! Does it look that good in the flesh? If you were sitting down and someone stood behind you looking down, would they be able to tell there was something odd?

Hi PB

The strip size was 1.3width by 16.5cm length

As for the concealer it looks totally natural and as long as no one rubs their fingers through it they would never know.

Thanks Hairymuff

Yea Spex i seem to heal quickly,the scar is great just a little tender in places..As for pictures Richie wins hands down but i`m getting there.

No minox for me as it irritates my scalp.

Damm quick mate - well done - Have you been using any aloe vera or any other healing lotions- Janna's special brew perhaps? :)

It all looks great :) Your scar is perfect. Do you know how wide the strip was?

Wow, Nanogen really works :o You can't tell anything's been done in those pics! Does it look that good in the flesh? If you were sitting down and someone stood behind you looking down, would they be able to tell there was something odd?

Hey PB,i use toppik which is something very similiar i think,its unbelievable and has been a life saver for me.One of my workmates said to another that when we were both out on the bank holiday weekend he couldnt see my bald patch!!!! :lol:

Do you wash it out and re-apply it everyday?

no i just top it up(excuse the bad pun) if needed S.A.F,although i do tend to wash it say every 2 days-im looking into locking spray which is said to hold the fibres on so when you touch them they wont come off

Hi Spex

I have only used graftcyte spray which i got off SMG and a few bottles of brown ale which were drank and not applied to my head :D

Hi Saf

Like Spitfire i was leaving it on ant topping it up the following day,i use hairspray sometimes to hold it in place.

At the moment i`m washing my hair every night and re applying in the morning due to not being that far post op.

igmac - i think it would be a good idea if you make a new topic about the use of concealer post op along with your pics mate. Down time is a killer and is the main reason people put off having a HT - If more people knew more about concealer and the different types post op it could really help install confidence and Ht's could be more accessible to many as their down time could well be minimised by the appropriate concealers and accurate application techniques.

I used to use concealers all the time - Toopik and Courve were my favourites - Fancy putting a topic together - Happy to help as i think you have just highlighted how good concealers can actually be only 10 days post op!

Without

IPB Image

With

IPB Image

igmac - i think it would be a good idea if you make a new topic about the use of concealer post op along with your pics mate. Down time is a killer and is the main reason people put off having a HT - If more people knew more about concealer and the different types post op it could really help install confidence and Ht's could be more accessible to many as their down time could well be minimised by the appropriate concealers and accurate application techniques.

I used to use concealers all the time - Toopik and Courve were my favourites - Fancy putting a topic together - Happy to help as i think you have just highlighted how good concealers can actually be only 10 days post op!

Without

IPB Image

With

IPB Image

I've never seen consealer before and after pics... but thats very surprising how natural it looks.. B)

Hi BHUK i trust you are well and getting more hair growth.

I will post better pictures once my hair is alll one length but they do work great and will help people out with downtime in certain circumstances.

Didnt realise how effective that topik stuff is ,

ive sat behind the od person on the bus with boot polish on there heads,

but the crown pic with topik on says it all .... it really works. B)

Hi St domingos

People can look at my hair from litterally one cm away and cant tell.

At the recent meet up we had in Manchester no one could tell i was using concealer.

Hi BHUK i trust you are well and getting more hair growth.

I will post better pictures once my hair is alll one length but they do work great and will help people out with downtime in certain circumstances.

hey Bigmac... yes thanks mate.. Boris Johnson look-alike now! :lol:

With your consealer... I think the colour match must play a role.. and your match is spot on and looks almost like a party trick... now u see it... now you dont! ;) I had no idea it was that good.

On a side note: I have seen pics like this before on advertising leaflets...but always thought they were photoshop'd.

Hi BHUK

You could compare my pics to the nanogen ad at the top of the page on here.

Maybe i should apply to be their poster boy.

Glad you are well.

Hi Bigmac,

Those concealer pics are really impressive. Under harsh light as well. The key thing with toppik, nanogen etc and with all concealers is to have a reasonable amount of hair to play with in the area you're trying to thicken up. And as has been said many times before: less is more when applying it. You're hair characteristics seem to be perfect for that.

So often when I'm applying the fibres (i use the cheaper InstantHair ones), I end up putting too much on, thinking I'll just thicken that bit up a bit more, it ends up looking really obvious and I have to start again.

It's a fine balance but worth it when done right.

Indeed - less is more with concealer - thats the trick!

Longpig - Do you fancy coming along to the Birmingham meet? - By all means come along with your concealer on as Bigmac did in Manchester - it was impossible to tell he had any on!

Hi Longpig

I`ve had plenty of practice with the concealers over the years,its harder to apply it yourself as you always seem to apply a little to much on the areas you cant see ie crown with me.

I have my bird apply it whenever possible but i can do a pretty good job of it myself if i have to.

I also use instant hair fibres as well as toppik and nanogen and they all work good on me.

I found the spray on concealers rubbish and it did not loook natural.

Tried courve which is a bit like boot polish but i will try it again when i get my hair cut short as i think it may work well on the scar if needed.

I`ve also got dermatch which i think works better on people with less hair as it mainly conceals the scalp.

Spex,

I do appreciate the invite, but Birmingham's the best part of 200 miles away for me (I'm in Yorkshire). Also to get much benefit from the meet and good advice from people, I feel I would have to go with no concealer applied - something I haven't done in public in 10 years and just couldn't bring myself to do. My hairloss isn't so much the monkey on my back as King bleeding Kong (carrying a bag of monkeys)!

Bigmac

Do you find there's any difference between the Instant Hair fibres and the more expensive Nanogen or Toppik ones as far as coverage and undetectability? I need to re-order soon and just wondered if it's worth paying the extra or if they're all as effective as each other.

Cheers

Hi Longpig

To be honest i always thought they were the same but lately i have been experimenting with them.

My findings are instant hair and nanogen are about the same for coverage ,sticking to your hair etc but if you plan on leaving it on overnight and topping it up the next day Nanogen is better as it seems to hold longer.

Toppik fibres are slightly smaller than the first two and although still work great with them being finer they dont catch the hair shaft as good and more of it goes directly on the scalp.

Therefor i would say nanogen is slightly better and if i were you i would buy one and just compare them as they all work differently depending on your hair characteristics.

hope this helps

Hi Bagmac,

Cheers for that. Think I'll just stick with the Instant Hair fibres for now as I'm pretty happy with them. My routine tends to be a bit of Couvre followed by Dermatch, then fibres. It' quite an effort so I only tend to wash it all out about twice a week rather than every day. Gonna have to follow you into that HT chair pretty soon I think :D

Applying Concealer can be a pain but when applied correctly it can lookk brilliant - Bigmac was wearing concealer at the meet in Manchester but NO one knew B) He is a pro with the concealer no doubt! Only a matter of time and he will be binning it altogether;)

I long for the day when I can ditch concealers. I've been a slave to them for too long. It would also be interesting to be reminded what colour my bathroom used to be!

I long for the day when I can ditch concealers. I've been a slave to them for too long. It would also be interesting to be reminded what colour my bathroom used to be!

Funny - coz it true!! - I hear ya!!!

My bathroom used to have a thick film of brown dust all over it - I remember only too well the hours i spent applying that stuff - but it can really help!

Spex is right i will be binning them once my new hair grows.Applying the concealers is a bind but in my case worth it.

Longpig you must spend a lot of time applying all those to your head.I know what you mean about leaving them in as it can be expensive buying all of those.

I though need to wash it out every night due to my HT.

I though need to wash it out every night due to my HT.

Yes you do :)

It's not just the cost, also the time it takes. I like to apply the couvre and/or dermatch last thing at night, then the fibres in the morning to save time. One thing that worries me though is that we're breathing in all these particles when using them. The sprays were the worst although I don't really use them any more. Often I'd hack up dark brown spit hours after using them so God knows what they do to your lungs. And I worry about the occasional social cig!