Sign in to follow this  
Quiff

Length Of Hair Before Ht

Hello there guys.

It’s quiff again, I’ve managed to book my flights with Virgin, quite an easy process.

Just have two questions. How did you guys pay for the stay at the Andrew Hotel. Did you use credit card/wire transfer/cash. I don’t have a credit card so I was thinking of paying cash, or transferring money in advance if it is possible.

How long must you leave your hair when you go in for your HT? I think I read it in a post a while back, but can’t find the info again.

You back in the UK yet TimUK?

Hairymuff have you started any of your preparations yet?

Qui

I paid by credit card... you must be the only guy in the country without a bit of plastic :huh: lol You can try calling them and seeing what they say about your best payment method :)

Hi Quiff... Yep I am back, been home just over a week now..

The hair length thing.. I bloody decided to just trim my hair down a little and had the wrong setting.. so cut too much off.. hair ended up just under and inch and to be honest its not long enough to hide the donor.. extra half inch would have been better.. but all hidden away under a baseball cap anyway because I was shaved at the front and look a bit like a "nutter" at the moment :P

Also, my donor looked a little thin as I have very fine hair and a bit missing from the previous Uk butcher !!, if I went again I would grow my hair as long as possible...

As to the Andrew, not sure, think paying cash at the end of your stay would be better, I was there a couple of weeks, raided the mini bar, snack try and the pay-per-view channels so the bill was quite high.. depends on how long you are staying... suppose you could pay in advance for the room and just pay any extras when you check out

When you going and how long you staying for.

Cheers

TimuK

Alright BadHairUK, I know two other people who have shunned this plastic craze. It is a bad habit. You know, one day you're fine and dandy using credit cards, then before you know it...you got a store card :D

Hi TimUK, glad you made it safely back. What was airport security like? Did they ask you to remove your head gear when passing through the scanners?

It is a bit of a catch 22. If I keep it long (inch max) I will be able to hide the donor. I will have to risk looking like an idiot for the next 7 weeks, mind you I still look silly with my hair trimmed. I have fine hair as well.

My HT is on June 19th. Fly out on the 17th, come back on 22nd.

Quiff

Ps. Nice one Tim, your silly mishap has made me too paranoid to go near any kind of trimming machine for the next 7 weeks :angry:

Hi Quiff..

yep.. its catch 22.... if I shaved down short now I think the front where I had the HT would look more in keeping with the rest of my hair.. if I leave it long it will cover the donor area quicker !!! Have decided to leave long as I am fortunate that I can work from home and also wear a baseball cap if I have to go out... only been out once since my return.. am going a little stir crazy !!

As to the airport security... had to remove my cap and place it in the tray.. then walked through the scanner.. I did cheat a little as I had put a light bandage around my head.. work well... but to be honest it was all over so quick that the only person who would have seen anything was the security guy. If you read Spex's guide he is right.. its all over in a matter of seconds, you will never see that security guy ever again and all the people around you are so stressed no-one will really notice..

I did have the benefit of being nearly 2 weeks post op so I could wrap the bandage where I wanted as everything had healed up...

Easy to say, but it is all over in a few seconds and then your caps back on... I know its a worry as I was shitting myself about it... but honest, all will be ok.

Like Spitfire advises.... Leave it long !!

TimuK