Sign in to follow this  
spex

Bhuk

Still has approx 8months+ growth ahead of him :)

From this

IPB Image

To this

IPB Image

He must be very pleased :)

real happy 4u badhair :lol:

Thanks Hairless & Hairymuff, Spex :)

I still havent cut my hair yet... just getting as much hair now as I can to make up for not having any at the front for more than the last decade... :) Its well worth the waiting game for anyone in the doldrums, hang in there! ;)

I still havent cut my hair yet... just getting as much hair now as I can to make up for not having any at the front for more than the last decade... :) Its well worth the waiting game for anyone in the doldrums, hang in there! ;)

Mate....I'm 6 weeks post op and right in the middle of the doldrums, which has been made worse by the shockloss of previous HT hair :angry:

How long did it take for you to get back to where you were pre scond HT and how long before you started to see a cosmetic improvement above the first HT?

Thanks,

S.

Mate....I'm 6 weeks post op and right in the middle of the doldrums, which has been made worse by the shockloss of previous HT hair :angry:

How long did it take for you to get back to where you were pre scond HT and how long before you started to see a cosmetic improvement above the first HT?

Thanks,

S.

Hey Sagg... I do know how u'r feeling mate. I wont forget sitting here thinking why is everyone else getting such great results in 6 months and I'm still looking the same as every week passed by with hardly any change getting more and more fed up :unsure:

I wasnt happy until after about 2.5months (post 2nd HT) then at 3 months I started to notice things seemed a little better... and then rapid changes started... by 4 months I was thinking 'am I imagining this?!?' :huh: and by 5 months post 2nd HT ...I posted on here with my new start in life with some real coverage! :blink:

It moved pretty quickly after 3 months.... I wasnt expecting it... and I was on the brink of cutting it all off after 2 months as it was so frustraiting... but thats the doldrums for you mate.... you get really low times post op.... the mind really is hard to keep positive thinking. But I think if I can get results like I have... with the crap hand I was dealt with.... then I am confident everyone (apart from the really severe guys) will eventually see an awesome result in the hands of a top Dr... but the waiting game is not 'set' for anyone.... which in my opinion is the 'worst thing' about the whole thing. If you knew you had to wait a set time of either '6' '7' '8' '10' '14' etc months and then your gonna see some great improvements... it would be far easier to deal with, without all the constant anyalsing of the process to see if 'today is the day'.

The time scale should never be underestimated... I will say now... I thought when Spex said you can wait right up untill 14 months for the real results... I wasnt so sure you'd see anything more after 10-12. But mine wasnt anything to brag about until 14 months as I was a repair patient and incredibily slow grower (that was including the 2nd HT at 11 months).

Hope some of this is useful... I know it doesnt speed it up for you but I will say the 2nd HT was a breeze compared to the 1st... recovery time... healing time... growth rate... everything was far easier.

All the best.. hang in there mate u'll be typing this for someone else in a few months time.

;)

Old wise owl ;)

Spex, I'm sitting here shaking my head looking at that top 'before' pic with the thick black twisty pubes and bald front 1/3rd and thinking... how long I put up with that crap! and all the secrecy I went thru with wearing caps etc etc ... I'm totally thankful and feel pretty lucky to have even got where I am now!! cheers for the help dude.

p.s my biggest worry now is... how I'm gonna style it in the morning! lol.

Any updates old wise one?

Hey Spex, I have taken a few... my hair had some gel in it and styled...I wasnt going to take any just yet..... u can see some gel in the hair but its normally washed out...I just couldn't be bothered to take the pics again after washing it. I'm almost at 7 months now... (this will be on June 12th '08)

I just cut my hair as it was pretty long... but it was good for a mohawk!

Indoor pic..

IPB Image

Outside pics...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I have an area on the top/crown that I want to thicken up... but i'm waiting for this to mature before I do...and its quite easy to cover over with the surrounding hair.

IPB Image

Very happy... and looks very natural... but want more! ;)

Thanks for everyones support I have reached a time I can chill and not stress about this now...and all the best everyone....if your in the doldrums... try and be pateint... its the worst part and its not a fast journey...but worth waiting for.

p.s My brother hasnt said a thing! I know he is wondering how I got so much hair again... I'm 95% sure he thinks I'm wearing a wig! But my family dont say anything if they think somethings not quite right... we just dont say anything. The other people I know havent said anything either! This is all because I NEVER went out without my hat... they havent even asked where my hat is! :)

But thats alright with me! I dont like being the center of attention...I just like to fit in :)

BhUK

I am so jealous !!!! Again.. congrats mate..

Just read your post again and realised how true your comment "just want to fit in" is.. thats my goal after living with the old HT for so long... glad you made it :-)

BhUK

I am so jealous !!!! Again.. congrats mate..

Just read your post again and realised how true your comment "just want to fit in" is.. thats my goal after living with the old HT for so long... glad you made it :-)

Thanks Tim! you remind me of how far I have come by saying your jealous of 'my hair'! This is something I could only be of other peoples hair not so long ago! I was in the same situ as you mate...so its well worth the wait :)

Just awesome well done mate - over the moon for you! Grow well! B)

Absolutely Awesome Mate!!

I'm really pleased for you...man...you hair looks fantastic, especially considering the outdoor shots. I'm not jealous...I'm just very pleased for you. I know what its like living with bad UK hair surgery. Sometimes you think there is no hope...but you hang in...keep going and keep trying and eventually it pays off.

Well done my man....you have finally gotten rid of this curse and are free to live your life. :D

nice, lookin good mate..............

Thanks Kapz ;) hope things are good for you.

Absolutely Awesome Mate!!

I'm really pleased for you...man...you hair looks fantastic, especially considering the outdoor shots. I'm not jealous...I'm just very pleased for you. I know what its like living with bad UK hair surgery. Sometimes you think there is no hope...but you hang in...keep going and keep trying and eventually it pays off.

Well done my man....you have finally gotten rid of this curse and are free to live your life. :D

Cheers Sagg! I'm thinking of dying it red, white and blue like my avatar! ;)

Last update for a while... just thought I'd show after a wash and a hair cut... I styled with some gel. This is about as short as I can go without the scar showing through... this is right on the limit for me.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Bit sceptical about taking the meds... fin... its only been a few months but I'm wondering if it will speed up the hair loss in the crown rather than prevent it.. I'll keep a tab on it. I havent noticed any hair falling out or anymore in the comb...so will stick with it.

Bit sceptical about taking the meds... fin... its only been a few months but I'm wondering if it will speed up the hair loss in the crown rather than prevent it

Mate....hang in there with the fin. It makes no scientific sense for fin to increase the rate and amount of hairloss. The absolute minimum it will do is not make thiings worse. Most likely though, it will slow down hair loss considerably and even give you some regroth esp in the crow region.

The only potential problem with fin is the side effects. However, it seems you're not suffering from these, as you would have experience them within the first few weeks of starting.

So don't worry mate...just enjoy ALL your new hair...and things may get even better ;)

Bit sceptical about taking the meds... fin... its only been a few months but I'm wondering if it will speed up the hair loss in the crown rather than prevent it

Mate....hang in there with the fin. It makes no scientific sense for fin to increase the rate and amount of hairloss. The absolute minimum it will do is not make thiings worse. Most likely though, it will slow down hair loss considerably and even give you some regroth esp in the crow region.

The only potential problem with fin is the side effects. However, it seems you're not suffering from these, as you would have experience them within the first few weeks of starting.

So don't worry mate...just enjoy ALL your new hair...and things may get even better ;)

Thanks sagg.. thats good advice... I am interested to see if things are any different after a year with the fin. I looked back at pics before I started the fin and things are just the same... I was paranoid I may have shed.. but I think its the same. Cheers.