Quiff

Flight Preparations For Ht

Hi Guys

I have finally got a definite date now, which is Thursday 19th June to see the great Dr Feller.

I got recommendation from Spex, to use Virgin and their rates for June seem reasonable. I plan to depart on Tues so it gives me a day to get used to the surroundings, possibly find the Feller Medical building from the Andrew.

I was thinking of coming back on a Sunday, so giving me 2 days to rest. I read in the HT info pack (by Spex, who else :) ) that it is recommended that you come the next day post op as there isn't too much swelling.

Knowing me I'll probably be wasted from all the painkillers and will probably need extra rest, but I may have to come back with swelling. Just wondering how much swelling did you guys notice and after how many days post op did it swell the most.

Cheers

Quiff

Hi Quiff,

Just sitting in the Andrew at the moment, going home on Saturday (19th). I decided to stay out here for 11 days after the op, so Doctor Feller could remove the staples, also a good place to hide away ! Swelling was one of my main concerns, think I was lucky as I did not have very much, just a little swollen forehead and around the eyes, but to be honest nothing that really showed much. The worst was at day 4 but by the next morning it had mostly gone. From reading lots of posts it seems to be different for most people but day 3 to 5 seem to be the worst for swelling.

I had asked loads of questions about swelling and again I think its down to the individual, also how many injections you need during the HT and also how big your session is, I had about 2700 from a strip.

Hope that was of some help. Also, make sure you check out the maps on the route to Doctor Fellers, I didnt and ended up going the long way round.. anything else you need, just ask as the guys in here are very helpful.

TimuK

Great choice in doctors Quiff.

I hope you keep us updated with your progress.

Cheers for the reply guys.

Coming back on a Saturday must be really expensive. I plan to come back on a Sunday and the return price is £373, if I would've come back on a Saturday with Virgin the ticket costs £980 which is shocking.

I am just worried about the swelling whilst travelling back. Don't want to go through security resembling something from the Elephant Man. It is going to be a mega-session 3500+. I'll be OK home, I'll just hide away for a couple of days.

Hairymuff, you booked your tickets yet? Don't worry Bigmac, I'll keep you guys updated with the whole thing.

Cheers for the fact Hairroot. I will look into what you can do to minimise swelling that is caused by saline.